The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

Made an RP guild on Wyrmrest Accord as a horde ogre movement. I wont be able to be on it too much currently as i have a very busy work schedule and im working on a rather large project outside of work, but will try get to it when i can to make a noticeable voice at it. No march for ogre rights yet but it is being planned - decided to announce our organization by opening up with a party in the Org Valley of Honor

3 Likes

I feel like the Horde already owns it. The Ruins I doubt they’d move into but I’m certain they wouldn’t balk at establishing more territory for their Ogres there. Most of the zone is wild anyways. I think that since the attack on Theramoore most of the Alliance forces in the region were probably routed.

Still I can see that.

I don’t think the Alliance cares much for Dire Maul… Mostly the Shen’dralar would care but they are a small group and other than recovering more of their artifacts I could see them choose to remain with their brethren in Nordrassil.

In fact I hope Blizzard goes that route and brings the Shen’dralar into the forefront of the Night Elves stories. They’ve been woefully underrepresented.

3 Likes

If it doesn’t just get rolled in as a regular core race we could do the allied route of going around and establishing the horde warcamps and the main one being brackenwall and being reinforced with reused garrison and warfront assets until they make new assets for ogres and then we could fight with the alliance over the ruins of theramore it could be like tol barad the horde wins we splash it in horde colors and spikey glory and it spawns a horde world boss for alliance to fight and if the alliance take it it would do the same vice versa. Old theramore would still exist with an npc to take you back to prior MoP destruction

4 Likes

That would be great honestly.

2 Likes

Looks like the next Dragonflight patch, a small .5 one, comes out January 24th (US) and 25th (Europe)

The main thing of note is the Trading Post feature, which that one Ogre child was found in as a mini pet. I don’t know if there could be any other Ogre-related items there, but it’ll be something to keep an eye on.

There is also the other Ogre children models found. I don’t know if they’ll also be mini pets or utilized in Ogre settlements. I’ll check around the MU Stonemaul Clan’s Brackenwall Village when the patch hits. Maybe also Feralas as well, though given the nature of that area, I don’t know if we’d expect Ogre children to be there.

As usual, I’ll keep an eye out for anything to report back here on when the patch does hit. I do think if we see anything from the Horde Ogre Clans, the bigger patches would potentially have something more substantial. We’ll see when we get there, I guess, but as usual, I do suggest an open mind, but please report anything you find of course!

Dream big, Ogre fans! :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Considering the Trading Posts has NPCs visiting, I think it would be neat to see Ogres coming to Orgrimmar to use the service.

3 Likes

That would be a neat thing to see. So far, I haven’t seen any Ogres appear from various articles on Wowhead on NPC’s that appear, but maybe there could be more NPC’s we haven’t seen yet.

Not really sure what all the MU Stonemaul Clan would need to buy from there, but there are several NPC’s that could make a visit. I suppose Megs Dreadshredder could also appear, maybe buying stuff for the Dunemaul Clan. We don’t have any notable NPC’s from the AU Stonemaul Clan yet, but we should if the Horde Ogre clans appear again.

I’ll keep an eye out as I check out the Trading Post, when it goes up.

3 Likes

Ill hard bet you all 3 murlocs out of 12 tuskarr ogres will probably get teased in the april fools joke and no one will believe it when it actually releases

2 Likes

For extra hilarity they be teased near April fools, just to create that wiggle room.

1 Like

I have wanted playable Ogres for years now. I never understood why they did not add them.

8 Likes

its because the its not a good market deal or its the usual case of they can’t think of a good female model and no the april fools joke from back then of that female model is literally a dwarf female with orc heads on it. tbh it’d have to be a wholly new inspired model for the female while the male can keep the same skeletal rig and posture its had for years, plus i just want the ogre to be its own thing and not a reskin we have enough of those as is

I kind of wonder if the Djaradin female model can be an example of how female ogres would look compared to their male counterparts or if Blizzard would want femake Ogres to stand out a bit more.

2 Likes

I don’t know any reason why Ogres haven’t been added as a playable Horde race by now. However, the fact they’ve been considered multiple times tells me that Blizzard had some sort of interest in it for the considerations across multiple expansions. Granted, it’s hard to know how Blizzard feels these days about it.

The only big hurdle I really see with playable Ogres is getting the two-head customization working, which would likely be expected with playable Horde Ogres. As mentioned before, the game’s coding is likely a nightmare to delve into, and I can only imagine how much of a headache it would be to get two-head options for male and female Ogres, complete with their own separate customization options and helm transmogs. Seeing how Dracthyr customization has been handled does give me hope that the work needed would be possible and could happen.

However, in a marketing sense, I do think that getting that to work along with female Ogres would be pretty big marketing news. Getting a Horde race that people have been wanting since the game launched with such features would be pretty huge. Sure, there wouldn’t be elf numbers of players making one, but popularity hasn’t really stopped some races from becoming playable.

All we can really do is keep up the support for playable Horde Ogres as we go through expansions. I don’t see it as an impossibility, even if it has been far too long to have any Horde Ogre activity in general. I’m still keeping hope, myself.

3 Likes

Sorry if its a little grainy but - continueing to make a presence! :japanese_ogre::meat_on_bone:

4 Likes

we need a gorian version of this for the ogres
Glory of Goria

3 Likes

My YouTube recommendations brought up a video of an extended version of the Total War: Warhammer 3 Ogre trailer song, with the burp edited out:

Still want to make something similar for WoW Ogres. Not sure how creative I’d be with it, though. Maybe someday I’ll make an Ogre drinking song or something.

3 Likes

kinda wish the twilights hammer stuff was ingame like the emblem on that belts of some of the npcs that have the full garb, like the ones the elemental npcs wear the elemental ascendant council for example

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks to YouTube recommendations, I’ve found some videos of models that someone has made of female Ogres from a company that makes miniatures. I wanted to share them for some inspiration for female Ogres in WoW.

Videos are below, and I assume the last one is a female Ogre since that video comes up with the others:

Finding things like the videos above are important for inspiring WoW female Ogre ideas with how they should be designed. Especially since female Ogres will be one of the big pieces of news to come with playable Ogres, along with two-head customization of course.

So what do y’all think about the models above? Closer to how female WoW should look? Please share your thoughts!

5 Likes

Id say this is pretty much exactly how i imagine the female ogres to look. If they dont look like this, then fine - but it would be great inspiration for blizz

5 Likes