The Unofficial Saurok Playable Race Discussion Megathread! šŸŠ

Sethrak for Alliance and Saurok for the Horde would be a pretty great combo. Each faction gets a reptilian race that kinda fit the theme and culture they are joining. It could make for a pretty fun event in-game, too.

Of course, they could both be added to the Horde and still be very unique compared to each other. The point is that the game needs some playable reptilian races to add some much needed flavor to the character creation screen!

So letā€™s get some reptiles on that character creation screen! :snake: :crocodile: :turtle:

3 Likes

Sethrak make no sense for alliance mon. Give alliance stone dwarves and sethrak to horde.

1 Like

They can fairly easily. Sethrak thread can tell you about it.

Frostborn would probably be a better pick here. Though Iā€™d want to see Frostborn show up with Taunka.

Sethrak and Saurok (A/H respectively) I think would be a nice pairing.

2 Likes

Ive seen what thread has to say and its just hopeful thinking, sethrak owe alliance nothing and horde infinitely more.

Reflecting Prisms and Pickpocket works perfectly in a raid, even cross realm. Tested it multiple times with friends and others when the oppertunity presented itself.

Also Bagzak, not a lvl three trust lvl yet (think thatā€™s what itā€™s called) but when I reach that, mind if I toss a link to the saberon thread that weā€™ve been posting on here?

1 Like

Regarding Sethrak, though I do lean towards Alliance for them, itā€™d be cool to see them playable regardless of what faction theyā€™d end up on. I know a lot of people want them playable, and Iā€™d happily create one myself. :snake:

I think some toys that allow you to copy the appearance of other players donā€™t work in raids, according to the comments for toys such as this one:

Itā€™s good to hear that there are some illusion items that do work within raids and such. Iā€™ll have to keep that in mind.

As for the Saberon megathread, Iā€™ll go ahead and post it for ya! If anyone is interested in supporting playable Saberon, a megathread for them popped up awhile ago:

Iā€™d say that Saberon would be a great race to become playable and would rank up there for my most wanted races. In fact, Iā€™d love to recreate my Vah Shir/Kerran character from Everquest 1 and 2 in WoW.

So if anyone is interested in seeing the ideas and discussions for there or you just want to show off some support, be sure to check that megathread out! :cut_of_meat::tiger2:

In my opinion, the more races that become playable, the better! More options are always a good thing and great for world-building and roleplaying opportunities! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

4 Likes

Thanks for linking the megathread man! Was worried by asking that I was being rude <_<. And ye, if anyone wants to show support for the Saberon thatā€™d be awsome, and I apologize for the paragraphs and paragraphs of comments I made heh but for me personally itā€™s the race I want to see the most on WoW, Saurok being a close secondā€¦ Both of these races are neat as hell.

Iā€™ve never had that problem with Ai-Liā€™s skymirror in a raid group, if you want Iā€™ll see if I can check it today, but canā€™t make any promises since Iā€™ll be away from home later.

1 Like

Took an image of a Saurok at Zuldazar to kinda imagine if we had gotten them as a Horde allied race in BfA:

Seems kinda fitting to me. A shame that BfA was rushed in the endā€¦also a shame that we didnā€™t work with any friendly Saurok tribes in the BfA version of Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Wouldā€™ve been great to rescue them from the Mogu clans there and work with them. Ah well. Doesnā€™t mean there arenā€™t any friendly Saurok tribes out there somewhere.

Youā€™re not! We all have races we want playable and we want to see them get support and such. I had to roll up my sleeves and do what I could to create and maintain support for playable Ogres and Saurok, so I completely understand.

No rush to check it out. Itā€™s possible those comments were outdated and that at one point, it didnā€™t work while in a raid group. Maybe it was a bug that got fixed if it does actually work in raids.

On another note, Iā€™m still planning to do an update to the main megathread post soon. Iā€™ve been getting a bit busy with my college class and some RL obligations. I do have a few things in mind that Iā€™ll add, though I may do it little by little. Also thinking about how to go about doing that in-game Saurok event I mentioned, along with an Ogre one too. Lots of stuff to plan! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

I finally did an update to the main post! I added a couple of new jokes, mentioned the idea of bone armor in the heritage armor section, and also added a ā€œHow You Can Help!ā€ section, which Iā€™ll add to in the future.

One of the jokes I posted was one I posted awhile ago. The new jokes I added:

ā€œSome guy in red jumped on me and hit me to get me to eat stuff! When I refused, he pushed me down a pit to jump across it! Who does that to people?!ā€

ā€œThe worst thing to happen to a Saurok? Accidently biting our tongue. We lose our ability to taste AND smell for days! Itā€™s absolutely miserable!ā€

I figured with the 2-hour forum maintenance going on tomorrow, I should get an update completed now. I do have both my megathreads backed up if anything happens to make it look like the quadratic equation exploded. Hopefully, things go smoothly.

I also did have a weird three digit error when I tried to edit the forums. Also had to relink one of the screenshots I took before. When I finally got the edit to go through, that screenshot was oddly enough a URL. Closing the window and looking at it again makes it seem like everything is in order, but Iā€™ll keep an eye out to see if anything derps up again.

Iā€™ll be thinking of more things to add and possible sections to revamp, so if anyone has any particular suggestions, feel free to share! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been in the process of planning out an in-game Ogre event for my Ogre megathread, but Iā€™ve been thinking about a Saurok one as well and wanted to know, for anyone interested in attending, what type of event youā€™d like to see.

As Iā€™ve said before, I donā€™t expect a huge amount of people to join the event and having it become some grand thing, but I feel that occasionally doing in-game events is a good step in showing off playable Horde Saurok support.

That said, here are some ideas I had:

Simple photoshoots- Take a Horde city or locale, get a bunch of people in Saurok form, and take screenshots as groups.

Marches- Similar to something Iā€™m planning for an Ogre event. Have a group of people in Saurok illusions march around a Horde capital city. Possible roleplay text such as Saurok history and, for Orgrimmar, making a case to Ji Firepaw at the embassy to put in a request for Saurok to join the Horde.

Newbie Saurok invasion- Have a bunch of people in unarmored Saurok illusions to show off what it could look like if Saurok did become playable and several people made newbie Saurok.

Sauroktober- Something to celebrate in October as a whole, with one part of it something similar to the Vulpera Foxtober event. Weā€™d pass out reflecting prisms and get people to turn into Saurok and get Orgrimmar filled with a bunch of Saurok to take screenshots and such. Sauroktober would also consist of other things, both in-game, on here, and any other place I go to start showing playable Horde Saurok support.

Just a few ideas Iā€™ve had so far. If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to comment. Itā€™ll be a bit before Iā€™m able to put an event together, but I figure itā€™d be good to start planning early for when Iā€™m able to! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

1 Like

Sethrak and Vulpera are bitter enemies, but yes iā€™d gladly have Sethrak replace Vulperas

My understanding is that the Faithless are the ones that were mean to the Vulpera. I vaguely recall the good Sethrak and the Vulpera being mostly cool with each other at the end of the Volā€™dun questline, though I could also see the Vulpera dubious towards Sethrak as a whole.

Either way, the more reptilian races playable, the better IMO. As I said, I donā€™t see Sethrak being a replacement for Saurok or vice versa, even if both of them would wind up being on the Horde. Theyā€™re different enough to be playable together in many ways, and Iā€™m fine with whatever faction Sethrak would join.

As long as I get my Horde Saurok and Ogres, Iā€™m happy! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, the bad sethrak were omnivillains and the vulpera ally with the good ones, who the horde then proceed to help by saving their god.

2 Likes

Saurok culture literally have warbands, that itself states they are Horde material

Sethrak are more sophisticated and a little more industrious compared to Saurok, that just gives me an idea theyā€™ll gladly take their place in the Alliance but I guess they could be Horde as well, though I just donā€™t see Vulpera and Sethrak working together especially under a faction

1 Like

The Saurok being tribal and shamanistic are a couple of reasons I associate them being Horde. The biggest reason I do that for them is because they were a former slave race that was created and forced into servitude. This fits the theme of the Horde very well.

For Sethrak, I lean towards them moreso as Alliance because of their culture. They strike me as being more regal and laid back in many ways, which makes me feel like they might fit better with the Alliance than the Horde. Sure, Blood Elves and Nightborne are in the Horde also, so it isnā€™t as if those factors would disqualify them from being a Horde race.

This could be an issue as well. I could see Nisha, who wears a Sethrak skull, and other Vulpera taking issue with Sethrak joining the Horde. It wouldnā€™t be impossible to write around if they were destined to join the Horde, of course.

As I said, itā€™s all personal preference for me when it comes to playable Sethrak, but I wouldnā€™t complain if they were to become a Horde race. As I said, theyā€™re completely different enough from Saurok culturally and even different species (snake men are different from lizard) that would allow them to coexist on the character creation screen, even on the same faction. :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

3 Likes

I cant wrap my head around the statement you see sethrak as more alliance material when they worship a loa and seemingly have a lot of shamans in service.

They already have a ton incommon but I dont really see this industrious side, they havent really made anything that Orcs or the horde elves couldnt or wouldnt do.

Besides the invasive terraforming sand pillars.

This makes them seem like they would be overwhelmingly welcome

I donā€™t want to get too into it here, since its a Saurok thread, butā€¦ Iā€™ll toss in my 2 cents.

Despite their loa and despite their fairly shamanistic (seemingly anyways) bent they themselves donā€™t to many feel like a Horde race. They feel more like an Alliance one.

This viewpoint is mostly built on their strong desire for piety to their particular god and their interest in peace first.

Vorrik is reluctant to jump straight into conflict only deciding to do so when he has effectively no further option.

This of course also focusā€™ on the Devoted.

Personally I do see many similarities between them and Alliance races, but I also donā€™t immensely care which side they end up on. Theyā€™re a cool race and should be playable.

I also however, fairly clearly see that theyā€™re more likely to be a Horde race. Their main possibilities to be an Alliance one largely were dropped by Blizzard who clearly had something in mind but turned away from it probably in beta or before then.

I donā€™t blame people who see them as only a Horde possible race.

3 Likes

I came across another neat reptile I wanted to share for Saurok customization ideas: The Rhinoceros Iguana:

The main feature of this reptile is the horns on top of its snout, thus the name ā€œRhino Iguana.ā€ They have different shapes of horns and even beak-like noses. They would make for some cool customization options!

This is the awesome thing about Saurok and even general Lizardmen customization options: There is so much to go on for ideas. Scales, horns, spikes, beaks/noses, and more! Saurok customization would have huge potential and be really awesome to see all sorts of features for them!

Iā€™ll keep looking into more real life reptiles for more Saurok idea inspiration! :meat_on_bone::crocodile:

2 Likes

Havenā€™t been on WoW lately, been busyā€¦ BUT, dont Suarok KINDA have that on already? Or am I just seeing things :eyes:

1 Like

They look like Iksar, thusly I would love to have them.

1 Like