The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

We appreciate the Feedback though.

Even Fyre is helping.

1 Like

Thanks dude, appreciate it. I won’t take credit for it all though :slight_smile:.

1 Like

“High Elves: Fact or Carefully Planned Out Farce Perpetuated By My Company -By Ion”

1 Like

This topic isn’t about Void Elves. We want the Alliance High Elves we see as NPC’s as an allied race.

Your opinion about what is or isn’t “artistically, narratively and mechanically” more interesting is just that… your opinion. One which most of us in this topic do not share.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Void Elves, but they do not fulfill the fantasy that High Elves will provide.

8 Likes

"Queldorei Allied Race Magathread”

Yeah. We should totally put a Disclaimer: Notice. If you’re interested in Blue Eyes for Blood Elves that’s fine, even if it makes no sense with the current Lore Goldeneyes, please post in a topic dedicated to that.

1 Like

For those of you who aren’t in the Discord, would you mind if the group of us who worked on this thread do so again for the repost?

You’re also more than welcome to help out, if you’d like.

3 Likes

You can only control the reply content so much. If eye colors come up, and they will, you can’t hope to stop it with a disclaimer.

Did you get all my youtube links?

Well, yeah, but it’s an entertaining disclaimer.

thats a bad idea imo. this will cause a lot of confusion. its already been stated the blood elves natural eye color will return in time and will be likely reflected with eye color customization coming in the near future to reflect the current canon

Yep, I can see them. I’ll also be sure to look through the thread again to see more suggestions too for the repost as well.

Yeah. I don’t remember them stating when their natural eye color was returning in 2006 that they’d get gold eyes though.

they stated that only Priests and Paladins who tap heavily into the power of the Light (i.e. Liadrin, Blood Knights, etc) would have glowing gold eyes currently, but didn’t want to deny players the option based on your class choice

the equivalency to this was the night elves getting tyrandes night warrior customization

:+1:

Fyre, you posted something that wasn’t related to information typed 13 years ago!

wipes eyes I’m not crying. You’re crying.

Even better than my idea, good job Lydon!

Callistus is right, you are a pretty cool dude when we aren’t debating.

Lydon’s played all the old Warcraft games and has been around since Vanilla.

He never does the, “Blood Elves are High Elves!” thing because he actually understands the Lore.

He can get trollish if an argument isn’t going his way. But for the most part dude is a really knowledgable, well seasoned mmo adventurer. He’s a good guy.

Just, you know, in the unfortunate company of a lot of trolls.

I always want to relate it to this thing that a conservative commenter said once about politics, but feel like it’s a good way to get a 2 day vacay.

1 Like

Or maybe he just has that rouge charisma

I would say go ahead. Just try not to tie too much into the discord.

I get tilted most by double-standards, hypocrisy, and just, wrong stuff. I’m sure everyone has their trigger buttons.

I’m not trying to get High Elves genocided or deleted, either, I just find myself not in the camp of that they need to be playable to do what they do, and maintaining faction flavor, and by extension the races within those factions, whilst the faction divide remains a pillar of the game. If they say sayonara to the faction divide, and players have agency to decide who their allies are, then we are having a different discussion.

Back to relevant stuff:
Blood Elves were first shown with Gold eyes back in WC3: TFT. You can see it on the Blood Elf spellbreaker on the “Curse of the Blood Elves” arc menu title screen. He’s also channeling a golden orb.

That said, they have been depicted with white, green, gold, blue, violet, and red, from WC3 to present day iterations.

2 Likes