The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Tyrande should sound more harsh. The Night Elves are supposed to be a warrior race, and I hate that WoW makes them looks like a bunch of hippies most of the time.

Few races have been done more disservice than Night Elves. Glad to see they’re finally baring their fangs. Guess if you burn the tree the hippies can’t tree hug anymore?

And after their friends won’t help them reclaim their lands

Blizzard haven’t done Night elves right in at least 16 years.

They’re trying I guess.

I don’t even play a Night Elf anymore and I’m still completely annoyed that the iconic Sentinel three point glaive is a Demon Hunter only weapon, when Night Elves were the OG Demon Hunters and were never shown to use the weapon, much less the absurd look of two.

1 Like

I also found it weird that they are male sentinels, I always thought that only females could become sentinels but I guess they are becoming more progressive

Honestly, if I was game director for a day, I’d probably just tell everyone to drop everything and go play through RoC and TFT.

2 Likes

Eh. Tyrande obviously has a fair complaint. But it’s not like Anduin doesn’t want to help. All of his dudes are in:

Arathi Highlands*

1 Like

Well. Theoretically all the male night elves were druids and were asleep the whole time and the females were awake and sentinels.

But, obviously a male Kal’dorei can play more than just a Druid, so changes were made.

So apparently the EU forums have their own version of our thread, sitting around 7k posts atm. I find it interesting to read through their responses as well.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/queldorei-high-elves-as-an-alliance-allied-race/5124

2 Likes

Yep! that one is made by the Discord group too :smile:.

1 Like

I’m surprised it’s not higher, given they are a lot more EU Alliance players than NA Alliance players

Oh cool! Good to know.

1 Like

IKR? I felt it needed more exposure.

They say the last thread capped at 2k posts.

It’s possible they just didn’t have a consolidation like we did.

I skimmed through their forum, apparently it’s also the EU’s biggest forum. I guess they just don’t talk has much has we do.

If I had an EU character, I’d point them our way to let them know they aren’t alone, and have much more “conversation” over here

2 Likes

Night Elves and the Horde got screwed over by the arbitrary dual faction conflict in WoW.

The Night Elves were turned into budget High Elves and the Undead essentially took over what it means to be part of the Horde.

I think the Forsaken joined the horde so the Horde would have a presence in EK and not make all of lordaeron just one big hostile undead place.

Yeah it’s rather evident why they merged the factions. It was for meta reasons.