The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Yeah, and I don’t think it has to be that extreme. Oblivion nightmare sliders come to mind.

Honestly they have so many tools, armor, weapons, and assets that sit unused, mutiple tattoos, etc that if only flagged for player use would exponentially increase character customization without even needing to create anything.

Prove it or it didn’t happen.

1 Like

Oh lord, I forgot about that thing.

More saying just anything you want and think we’ll believe it?
Prove it or it didn’t happen.

1 Like

They’ve also got to work within the current game limitations, so something like sliders might complicate matters, because those settings have to go back and be applied to all existing NPCs in the game.

With something like eye colours, a quick workaround would be to just copy the existing faces, then recolour the eye texture (basically exactly what they did with Blood Elves and their golden eyes). That way you could provide eye colour options without spending months fiddling around with applying a new customization option to decade-old NPCs that would crash the game if that line wasn’t set.

The reason I’m mentioning this is mostly to assert that, sure, they said they’re going to look at adding more customisation options, but don’t get ahead of yourselves and expect them to reinvent the player models, either.

1 Like

there would have been multiple threads if that was true :thinking:

That was a huge wasted opportunity, it wouldn’t unbalance too much the factions composition but also would appease people looking to play with a Fel Orc or a Man’ari Eredar (or at least something close).

1 Like

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/4/5/18286344/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-patch-8-2-interview

which links you to this other interview…

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2018/8/17/17697560/world-of-warcraft-battle-for-azeroth-interview-blizzard-horde-alliance-wow

Before you both get unnecessarily heated, it’s in Polygon’s interview with Ion Hazzikostas, posted yesterday.

The article writer is the one who posits Alliance as merely foils for the Horde right now. Not Ion.

So it is in the interview, but it’s the article writer’s opinion on the matter.

1 Like

Yeah. I imagine it would be similar. It would take a major overhaul for them to have an “Eyes” slider for characters.

It would be nice though. I hope it happens. I’m not against it. My Paladin and Mage are supposed to have Lavender eyes if I ever talk about them. Gotta make that lavender eyes for elves argument now.

1 Like

As it is now, eye color is tied to face. How that works under the hood in WoW’s spahgetti engine I am not familiar with, but this is why when we got Gold Eye options it was just 3 copied faces per sex instead of a global option for each face more akin to posture options for Orcs.

I assume it works this way for every race and that Ion is talking about unhooking eye color from faces to give all races more options in this area.

Yeah. That’s what I meant by a lot of work.

I feel like they’d have to rebuild their facial animations or something. Just because of the way that the Blood Elf gold eyes and the Night Elf black eyes were introduced.

Maybe that means Nightborne can get their slender, smug eyes back?

Please?

2 Likes

You should take a look at her HOTS model ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Or save yourself that Jaina-statue-tier bungle of face and don’t.

The hilarious part is we see Alexstrasza look completely normal in her two dragons trailer immediately prior to her gameplay reveal and then the in-game characer model comes along and you’re left wondering what happened to her.

we do not need high elves. but ty blizzard for keeping this post open so the elf lovers have a place to vent.

1 Like

You know you’re one of my favorite people when we’re not arguing.

1 Like

Alleria is in HOTS? I thought that Sylvanas was the only Windrunner sister that was playable?