The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Blizzqrds official article states they are the same. Your entire library only supports this statement it doesnt disprove it.

1 Like

WOA! Thats out of line man! Not cool!

1 Like

Not a legitimate counter argument.

It’s a legitimate opinion.

But it’s use as an argument is gone after they admitted that they knew giving the Nightborne to the Horde would upset players.

1 Like

Oh, an offical article? Where?

2 Likes

Im not arguing the wow sense of the term because I’m not against high elves. They literally are the same race.

Drop all this, they are the same race/species. It doesn’t change and there’s no way around it. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

WoW Encyclopedia is actually not considered a canon source if a more legitimate source counteracts it.

It was written in late 2006. Chronicles supercedes it.

1 Like

I havent insulted anyone? So far I have been accused of being a racist, a troll, and a number of other things.

All ive done is point out the official stance of in game lore and blizzards view.

I am not against high elves being playable for alliance, i am against others stating they arent playable.

2 Likes

Because it’s actually not true.

Don’t get me wrong. Other than just discussing Lore I don’t care because it doesn’t matter.

The Pandaren mean that this race stuff is pointless.

But if we’re talking about the Lore… then, specifically because of the way that Dark Trolls race is determined entirely by cosmology… They’re not the same race.

Also… because by the way WoW defines Races as a misnomer they’re not the same race.

I’ll repeat. I don’t care. But if you want to debate about it. They’re not the same race.

we have always agreed high elves and blood elves are the same species. What we take issue is is they are not the same race. race is not the same thing as species.

1 Like

What official article? This?

High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and they are descended from night elves. Nevertheless, due to their shared history and philosophical differences, the three groups do not share a close relationship. Indeed, night elves regard high elves and blood elves with suspicion, disgust, or outright hostility.

I don’t know how good your reading skills are, but once they need to qualify the race as the same “physiologically”, it means they are different in other aspects. Race is not defined only by biology.

Kul tirans, worgen, forsaken and humans are physiologically the same race as well.

Void elves may also be the same as high and blood elves, if their children are born normal (we don’t know yet).

It is tricky to respond on the phone. Chronicles makes no statement contradicting blood elves and high elves being the same race.

Going through all in game lore, the name difference is acknowledged as a political issue only.
As much as everyone wants to state they are two different races, there really isnt anything to support it.

You just Godwin’s lawed.

Also:

This is trolling.

Even dropping whether or not they’re physiologically the same…

You know that when people say, “High Elves” they’re talking about the group of blue eyed Elves in the Alliance.

They’re not playable. Blood Elves are playable.

A Blood Elf is not a High Elf. Even if they used to be.

1 Like

Alamara’s post is what I’m talking about. Again, I’m not arguing WoWs definition. I’m talking about the actual definition.

Race is not a well-defined taxonomic rank.

Here.

I’ll walk you through it real quick.

Answer a few questions about Elves.

First. Are Void Elves a different race from Blood Elves?

Naw

/10char

So there are two ways to look at the answer to that question.

1. They are different races because magic changed them.

or

1. They’re still the same race as Blood Elves.

So the first option is the more nuanced view of how Elf races exist.

If you go by the second opinion.

Then they’re all Night Elves.

They are still high elves even with a name change dude. Just because you dislike someones view doesnt make them a troll. Calling someone ironically, is trolling.

As I said, not against them being made playable for alliance, but lets not act like they arent playable at all.
Hordey got them.

1 Like

Returning again to voice my support for Alliance High Elves! NEVER RELENT!

5 Likes

Humans are not monkeys.

Magic interference doesn’t equal different race