The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Silver Covenant likely represent a large amount of existing High Elves, not a minor one.

I know scarcity is not a barrier to being an Allied race, that is not being contested by me.

But there are just not that many High Elves left.

I’m totally not suggesting High Elves are a numerous race, they are smaller in numbers than Blood Elves for sure, but they are definitely not “in the brink of extinction” as people like to suggest.

2 Likes

Then what is the point of this tangent? It’s not like any of us know the actual numbers.

Quel’Lithien also wasn’t explicitly part of the Alliance afaik. Dunno why people keep bringing “10%” over and over.

If I’ve learned anything today, especially from Eleroleron, is that you should always have a source to post anything of significance.

Preferably a book, or other official Blizzard source.

Outdated figure. Doesn’t even take into account the forces that left with Kael’thas.

An interesting thing to note is that while there are clearly elements which can be recognized as being distinctly Thalassian, they’ve been altered in several meaningful ways. The first is that despite their grandiose design, Dalaran’s buildings are almost all constructed of laid-bricks – whereas Silvermoon’s is all made sculpted as if from a single stone.

As the texture quality of the game improves, these types of distinctions become clearer and clearer.

1 Like

I think that’s more to do with Silvermoon being from BC.

Anyway, the less populous the race is, the more important my character feel, i don’t mind this, if there are 10 Void Elves in the lore i can basically attest that my character is among the 10 most important and prominent Void Elves.

I feel as if you’re purposely skimming over points made…

No one is denying the Silver covenant is an organized force. As I stated several times now, they are a militia primarily of High elves. Yes…they would have operations.

You tried to use the fact they engage blood elves and survive as a definition of high numbers, of which i told you logically not every bloodelf is in the army. Additionally in the case of Thunder isle, they were supplemented.

Once again…recent or not…no act or event has yet to dispute the original and correct claim of the very low numbers and lack of unity of the remainimg Highelves

1 Like

Not really my tangent, so idk.

I don’t need to argue how few High Elves there are. It’s one of Warcraft’s easy facts.

Not that being scarce or numbers not mattering has stopped people from doing headcounts of every instance of a High Elf NPC in game, or doing mental gymnastics to reason that the 90% of high elves dying out on Azeroth somehow wasn’t talking about High Elves in Dalaran.

Those are things I’m not unpacking here.

I first noticed that Dalaran was built from bricks in official art, and Silvermoon’s sculpted-style is also reflected in official art – and both distinctions are also visible in-game.

One of the most popular High Elf AR concepts is Vereesa or Arator going around uniting the various High Elf associations, as each of them would contribute a unique take on the collective.

The most simple example being Dalaran High Elves attributing the Mages with Highvale elves providing Shaman (High Elves were placed with Wildhammer in Stromgarde but were mysteriously cut later).

9 Likes

And also not every High Elf is in the army, this is what i’m trying to say, i’m not attesting they are numerous, Elves in general aren’t.

It’s not possible to organize a group if there’s no unity among it.

2 Likes

I never got to see any reference, but did knew of this through hearsay; as such I always considered it a rumor. Does anyone have any evidence of it?

1 Like

Actually, their primary force is comprised of Silver Covenant Spellblades, Silver Covenant Rangers, and Silver Covenant Scouts- all of which are High Elves. About 90% of their forces overall are High Elves.

All you have to do is just go there and LOOK.

But of course, its not written down or is cited by an official source, so its N/A.

3 Likes

Led by the death knight Arthas, a Scourge army stormed into Quel’Thalas, slaughtering almost ninety percent of the kingdom’s population.

No need for mental gymnastics, just a quick jog to WoW’s website

3 Likes

tbf, all they didn on Isle of Thunder was establish a base for the alliance army to portal in

Thanks. I know my lore.
Cherry-picking where they’ve said Quel’thalas instead of Azeroth, or ignoring the facts like Dalaran was a low population city, that many who evacuated Dalaran with Jaina got bombed later in Theramore, or non-citable numbers of High Elves living outside Quel’thalas is just spinning the narrative to again, reason more High Elves into existence.

They are scarce. Increasingly so in WoW specifically, especially moving away from WotLK.

1 Like

Is it “cherry-picking” when virtually every citation very specifically mentions Quel’thalas, and not Azeroth?

I, for one, would very much like to see this list of citations you’re drawing from – because it sounds as if you have conclusive evidence that Arthas was teleporting the entirety of the Scourge all over the place to engage in some grudge-killings of all the groups of High Elves that were disassociated with Quel’thalas.

8 Likes