The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

i would like a source as well

the high elves that werent in quel’thalas are so few it doesnt matter they are 0.3434% of the high elf population

Oh, how cruel of me to ask that you corroborate the things you say. My mistake, Esteemed Contributor.

You said you’re digging into your phone, I half expect to see a series of texts without names attached that we’re supposed to believe are an exchange between you and a developer.

5 Likes

The lodges are indeed copypastes from Night Elven lands. While it’s true they didn’t get a revamp in Cata, neither did High Elves.

We only have the existing, purely High Elven structures to go by, which are Thalassian. The buildings don’t care that Blood Elves called themselves a new name. The High Elves haven’t really built anything since, so it stands to me they are still identical aesthetics.

1 Like

Correct. The remnant of the race itself is scattered and not militarized.

The silver covenant is a group OF highelves that are.

Not the entire race itself fights. Armies fight armies. The bloodelf army didnt engage the silver covenant in actual direct warfare until thunder isle…and even then the silver covenant was supplemented by kirin tor forces.

Once again this was not just the silver covenant but the forces of the kirin tor. Vereesa saw eye to eye with Jaina and wanted revenge as well, so added her forces.

Once again, no act so far has erased the claim of the high elf numbers.

Edit: As an edition you’ll note the Silver covenant are not seen amongst the “armies” of the Alliance in the battles. We see high elves here and there, but no large group of highelves.

Well technically the elves did. The various elves at the Quel’danil lodge were all replaced by Highvale Sentries, and the elves at the Quel’lithein lodge were all replaced by… wretched.

1 Like

Of course, so even just a military group that doesn’t count for all of the High Elves had numbers enough to fight in many occasions how does that mean the entire race is on the brink of extinction?
I’m not suggesting they are a populous race, quite the contrary, but let’s be real, numbers don’t matter for the devs when they want to make a race playable, especially a Allied Race, the whole point of the thread is to discuss the implementation of the High Elves, discussing population is quite pointless, using a rebunked source from 2006 to invalidate them is not going to work.

7 Likes

Most of the remaining “high” elves had chosen to remain with the Alliance following the Second War, and did not return to their kingdom following the Third.

Wowpedia, source is Ultimate Visual Guide, page 69. I already linked this, to you. Guess it’s my fault for forgetting Blood Elves’ poor memory.

2 Likes

oOooOh burn

In my opinion, there’s definitely a case to be made for the intent to be that the aesthetic employed at Quel’Danil be pseudo-clone of Quel’thalas – but this just isn’t very accurate for the largest, most predominating group, the Silver Covenant.

There is a familiarity that can be gleaned when looking at Silvermoon and Dalaran, not unlike when looking at Dalaran/Silvermoon and Suramar, but the differences are clear enough that nobody confuses them. I’ve never used my Dalaran Hearthstone and, upon arrival, thought “holy crap, how did I get to Silvermoon?!”.

2 Likes

im talking about population numbers. alliance high elves are going extinct

I mean this entire topic is a strawman since population numbers never really mattered for playable factions to begin with.

Darkspear Trolls fit on 3 boats. Tauren were one caravan. Void Elves are a crack squad.

5 Likes

I mean in aesthetics, they weren’t revamped.

Someone at Blizz likely didn’t see merit in adding a specifically High Elven lodge asset in a game where most high elves are now Blood Elves.

You guys are really arguing semantics with me and Archmage specifically is replying to deny the notion that Blood Elves and High Elves share architecture, when all in game instances of either, barring yes, reused Nelf lodges, shows it to be so.

2 Likes

If the Silver Covenant is used, then they would use Dalaran architecture as they have in the past.

9 Likes

You should have clarified. Sorry.

I should have. Sorry. I’m on a phone and cut corners to save thumb budget.

Darkspear Trolls were going extinct, Tauren were going extinct, and yet they were made Core Races.

That, and High Elves haven’t really incurred any major losses since Theramore. Quel’danil is doing fine, Dalaran is doing fine, Allerian Stronghold is doing fine.

10 Likes

Then this is the conclusion, just as the Blood Elven military, the Silver Covenant representatives are only a small part of the entire High Elven race, but even as that they had enough numbers to realize multiple operations. I’m trying to use logic and more recent lore to counter your source, and a lot the events that happened since then debunked it.

8 Likes

dang. i didnt know they made boats they big!

dang. a caravan full of all the tauren in thunderbluff? i bet you could feel the earth shaking anywhere on the continent

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer my keyboard. Plus if I started using my laptop in bed I’d stay up all night. :stuck_out_tongue:

Quel’lithien got rekt. Never forget.

1 Like