The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Not exactly relevant to the conversation I’m having, which is that thalassian architecture is as identical cross-faction as the language is.

Speaking of language, now that Pandaren, Demon Hunters, and recently Void/Blood Elves can speak across faction, can we add Common back to Forsaken like it was in beta?

Not like the Void Elves unlearned Thalassian during their Recruitment Scenario. Don’t see why this is an issue.

1 Like

Uh, they didn’t? Void elves and blood elves can talk cross-faction to each other.

I think the issue with forsaken is that Common is the main language of the Alliance. With pandaren, demon hunters and void/blood elves, only when the opponent is using the right language you can understand him, so it’s a consensual thing. Forsaken using Common would make them able to understand everything any Alliance player is saying to another Alliance player, not only what he wants you to understand.

I love this. As it would open the possibility for any number of other High elf races without affecting the Faction theme. They just be neutral like Pandas but with more races options… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Even though I know your joking the fact that the elves could pull ALL their reservoirs and weaponize them or simply create a utopia for themselves is possible and could be disastrous and very destabilizing for the existing factions… Actually I love to see that happen in game! :smiling_imp:

That’s what he was saying.

Lydon mentioned that High Elves and Blood Elves both speak Thalassian, and Lav implied that it shouldn’t matter since Void Elves also already speak Thalassian. Which is correct.

As for any discussion of racial aesthetic, it’s really quite moot. If High Elves were to be implemented, Blizzard would lean into existing distinctions anyways, which has proven to be more than enough to allow for players to casually differentiate between the groups. I haven’t once seen someone confuse a Dark Iron Dwarf, complete with their Heritage Armor and Heritage Mount, for a Bronzebeard Dwarf.

Why? Fire. Lots and lots o’ fire.

5 Likes

Anduin is doing fine.

This story is about developing these main characters. Failures and successes are part of the narrative. It’s easy to forget that this is fiction and that if we had another leader it would be about another story.

True, maybe have them both speak Lordaerian, a dialect I just made up.

3 Likes

yes, we the high elves that matter, refer to ourselves as blood elves. correct

then the alliance high elves should come up with a new identity like the quel’thalas high elves did. they have been exiled from their people and country so referring to themselves as relics of blood elves is really quite silly

The Blood Elves literally didn’t care about the fact that the High Elves still call themselves High Elves.
If the High Elves rename themselves to something like Silver Elves but still remain as the Quel’dorei we love i wouldn’t mind.

1 Like

It may not be High Elven, but what I’m trying to say to you is the fact that High Elves do not have a proper architecture. The lodges are based on Night Elf buildings and it didn’t change in Cataclysm. when Blizzard revamped the world. The ones that you speak of, are mostly remains from the Second War, and are mixed with Human architecture, and the newest Hubs are using architecture from another places, such Dalaran.

If the High Elf architecture was meant to be Sin’dorei architecture but blue tinted, it should’ve been the norm wherever we see High Elves, but it’s not the case.

I don’t see a problem with the remaining High Elves choosing a new name, tbh, I think it’s pretty much appropriate.

tbf, i suspect it is because there are so few and they dont really affect anything

They affected a whole lot of Blood Elves during the Purge.

3 Likes

I suspect someone is coming to gloat.

Oh my, damm

Funny enough, they do, especially with near extinct races/groups. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was confirmed that at blizzard any designer or writer must confirm with the lore team if they want to add any highelf npc in the game, simply because of how few exist.

Population definitely matters in the context of the story itself.

1 Like

Void Elves are a minuscule group of researchers exiled from Silvermoon for taking interest in a dangerous and corruptive force, yet they have enough numbers to offer troops for suicide missions.

7 Likes

tbf, it could not have been done without jaina and the alliance high elves were just flavor NPCs as usual

In game they were at the same numbers than Blood Elves in at least 3 situations, so does that mean i should inform Blizzard that the Blood Elves are too few to be a playable race?

2 Likes

“Miniscule” is merely a perspective the players have given. The truth of the matter is that we have no idea how many blood elves over the years were exiled for practicing void, nor how many were loyal to the Magister, and even how many other thalassian elves later would join them.

The point here is: We dont know Voidelf numbers.