The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Honestly as a fan of High Elves since Warcraft 2, it is disappointing to see so many people who claim they are interested in the story dismiss High Elves as a faction due to some metagame biases.

Their entire story is fascinating. My favorite lore segments in the game involve the intraracial conflicts among Humans and Elves.

4 Likes

This is a direct quote from the sources cited in that text. Indeed, they are very few high elves on azeroth, and they have not gathered in significant numbers. The Silver covenant is merely a militia and even then have moved on from their once location.

You may add a suggestion to the wowpedia for an edit, however without a citation it will be reverted of course.

Thank you again :slight_smile:

I’m actually beginning to doubt you do contribute.

Contributors are generally friendly folk. You seem to be quite biased.

2 Likes

Such is an opinion. Many of those that loved Highelves simply began to love Bloodelves as well, as they saw them as the next step of that race, as many played warcraft 3.

Nope. The Lore is my cudgel. I don’t need to discredit any of it. Also considering you’ve conflated all of my opinions with what you’ve decided all Pro High Elf players want, which is usually also a misattribution, it really makes your ability to edit any wiki even more suspect.

2 Likes

But that’s not what they are.

Source: the game.

1 Like

Christianity, for example. Each Pope have a different name than their original one.

Yeah I doubt he does… perhaps we’re being trolled.

1 Like

He doesn’t. He’s trolling… and roleplaying.,

2 Likes

As stated you are free to edit the Wowpedia with any change that has correct reference. You can also suggest the removal of something and its reference. The wikipedia is for everyone.

Simply note that anything incorrect or removed out of spite for what the lore states, will indeed be reverted.

Enjoy

But it is wrong.

It claims that “High elves did not gather in any significant numbers-” A large city doesn’t count?! Do you know how many elves there are in the Silver Covenant?!

“As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture” A city of MAGES doesn’t have a culture?! This is wrong! This doesn’t make any sense! You are wrong good sir!

9 Likes

He doesn’t.

It’s an appeal to authority without evidence.

1 Like

This is exactly what I think, you expressed the idea very clearly. Thank you for posting :heart: And yes, I do believe HEs should change their name for the same reason.

1 Like

I relate modern High Elves to the values of Warcraft 2 Alleria really.

There is no current reference to the number in the organization i’m afraid.

As for the city…it is a human city, not highelven. Also the Silver covenant are but a group of Highelves, not the highelves themselves. There are several groups, as I’m sure you know.

Not all highelves are mages, not all highelves are in Dalaran, and definitely not all highelves are in the silver covenant.

They are indeed fractured. Perhaps one day they can all unite? Who knows…for now, the citation is indeed correct.

Blad. He’s a pretty vicious troll. Just ignore him.

I honestly find people with the dark triad of traits to be entertaining.

Just remember that sufficiently adept trolling is indistinguishable from trolling.

If this guy did anything worthwhile he wouldn’t have the attitude he does.

I have a theory that they will reintroduce Lordaeron as part of the Alliance proper through Calia and her Redeemed Undead.

If that’s the case, all that would be left is Dalaran and I really hope they make that the base of operations for High Elves as a playable allied race.

1 Like

Oh and that theory is based on the idea that the next expansion will involve the Lich King somehow. I think he’ll be a protagonist against the Void though.

1 Like

The Warcraft Encyclopedia came out on November 2nd. 2006. Which is where

Comes from.

This predates the Silver Covenant.

When Wrath released, the reputation description for the Silver Covenant was:

Obviously. Since this came out long after the WoW encyclopedia, it makes the original, 2006 quote no longer valid.

Which is something that someone that updates Wiki’s would know, and edit for.

10 Likes

:kissing:
Warcaster Faronoraithe, Warmage Yurias, Warmage Ilsuaria, Goldlily Gleamingfell, Metopious Loreseeker, Darthalia Ebonscorch,Fialla Sweetberry, Fabioso the Fabulous, Aimee, Teller Althiellis, Imindril Spearsong, Sabrina Sorrowgaze, Olisarra the Kind, Andellion, Mona Everspring, Ildine Sorrowspear, Enchanter Nalthanis, Kitz Proudbreeze, Paldesse, Karandonna, Dariness the Learned, Arille Azuregaze, Warmage Lukems, Vereesa Windrunner, Archmage John NIcholas, Arcanist Braedin, Arcanist Tybalin, Isirami Fairwind, Caliel Brightwillow, Valaden Silverblade, Elizabeth Ross, Mirla Silverblaze, Archmage Lan’dalock, Aemara, Kat Sunflower, Naseev, Rulen Lightreap, Ranger Selone, Pathstalker Ralsir, Matron Alesso, Arcanist Miluria, Arcanist Uovril, Arcanist Firael, Arcanist Ivrenne, Arcanist Adurin, Magister Lyanis, Magistrix Sanal, Vylene Amaranth, Magister Yalis, Archmage Leryda, Elizabeth Ross, Rachele, Catriona Macrae, Archivist Elysiana, Raethan, Archmage Ominara, Ari, Chronicler Elrianne, Ravandwyr, Magister Dath’omere, Magistrix Haelenai, Researcher Sarix

2 Likes