The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

yep thats why i always the thought the alliance/silver covenant elves made no sense

humans pushed their prince to outland where kiljaeden corrupted him, and then didnt even bother to help them retake or assist in rebuilding efforts of silvermoon

:+1:

1 Like

You lost me

oh you dont know about garithos?

ā€¦thatā€™s not the issue. But Iā€™m just gonna let some one else deal with that

Itā€™s not that complex to think that there could be a psychological element to the loss of the sunwell and it might not be completelly about the physical connection.

Like I donā€™t even necessarily agree with Belitā€™s point, but it is an interesting thought. Addiction has a huge psychological component, and maybe there is a point to the notion that not feeling that close to the sunwell in cultural, ideological ways might have made living with the addiction more easy.

3 Likes

That was one person. Should we exterminate the Forsaken because of what Apothecary Putress did at the Wrathgate?

Also was not part of the Alliance of Stormwind.

#ForsakenGarithos

did putress kill what would be the alliance equivalent of anduin wrynn, or at least lead him down a path that led to his downfall

As someone that enjoys what you bring to the discussion, I suggest you are wary of Fire; they constantly misrepresent points and Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s simply out of obliviousness.

Ooh, can we re-open the ā€œBlood Elves on the Horde makes no senseā€ can of worms again? I always love that one.

Itā€™s always been baffling to me that the remnants of Quelā€™thalas were willing to team up with Trolls (who they famously donā€™t get along with) and Undead (who definitely murder-fied 95% of the entire kingdom thanks to Arthas).

And no, ā€œDarkspear trolls are different from the Amaniā€ and ā€œ'Forsaken arenā€™t Scourgeā€ arenā€™t really valid excuses. If thereā€™s some sort of legitimate claim to the elves recognizing and accepting that level of nuance, then logically speaking the elves of Quelā€™thalas would understand the humans getting utterly thrashed by the Scourge and being unable to help, they would understand that Garithos was one individual, and therefore they would be more willing to rejoin the Alliance than join with orcs, trolls, and undead.

Like I said, this mistakeā€™s still twelve years running. I always did consider TBC the expansion of ā€œLetā€™s do stuff thatā€™s cool, not stuff that makes senseā€.

16 Likes

I mean I thought that was usual in these debates whether pro or anti

1 Like

Goes to show you. When it came to siding with their prince or the city they lived, they chose the later. Itā€™s rather telling were their alliances laid.

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Indeed, but all Iā€™m telling you is that you are not going to get anywhere with them probably.

2 Likes

Talendrion, Iā€™ve basically ceded to the point of ā€œarguing is pointlessā€ and resorting to polite banter and pointing out weird things

we need more non biased posters like you in here bourbon.

:+1:

But I am biased. People in here know what my post history is.

Which is commendable really and I appreciate it, but like, this is something else. But honestly? Youā€™ll figure it out sooner or later.

Most likely. Iā€™ll just get bored

Not if the games Lore shows them to be members of said faction.

1 Like