The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

My Death Knight likes to think so, but then he see the forsaken as just another Scourge that needs to be exterminated.

He pissed off Varian, leading to an invasion of undercity, where were it not for Jaina, heā€™d burn the place down.

Human Testing Labs will do that.

I wonder what Thrall would have done had he walked 15 feet and saw themā€¦

Would you guys be making these high elf threads if you had gotten blood elves in BC?

Considering they would make a good Allied Race then yes.

3 Likes

So if you had blood elves on alliance you still would make a high elf allied race? When they are the same thing O.o

Because they arenā€™t?

Itā€™s like Magā€™har as in itā€™s an earlier uncorrupted version.

11 Likes

Youā€™re right. It doesnā€™t. Has for the Blood elves joining with the forsaken, there is actually a segment where you can still see live today where a protester points it out that we donā€™t belong on the horde, and was mind controlled during the protest. Someone linked the video a few hundred posts up, but I can share it with you if you donā€™t wanna look.

Iā€™m convinced to this day that blood elves only joined the horde because back then there was an alliance majority, and was the first and last time they bothered to try fix it.

4 Likes

It was a little too effective of a fix. Now they are the majority of the Horde.

Hindsight 20/20, but they might have been better off as the first neutral race.

2 Likes

Claiming Blood Elves bear their name and its distinction as some coping method for a purely contrived and imagined PTSD is not ā€œinterpreting artā€.

Itā€™s just flat out incorrect.

Like I said, Iā€™m really glad I donā€™t read books with youā€™re perspective. You seem either incapable of or unwilling to accept subtext. That sounds like a really dull way to read.

I am slightly concerned that the popularity, or lack thereof, of the Kul Tirans may lead Blizzard to avoid adding more unique allied races, completely missing what it is that actually makes the race unpopular.

Blizzard always knew Kul Tirans would be a niche race.

I suspect theyā€™ll reach around 1.2% of max level population, like most allied races.
Zandalari will be around the void elf level, if not higher.

Current numbers are supporting my expectations. Zandalari is thrice as popular as kul tirans, and are growing really fast.

2 Likes

Man this answer is like the best comment ever made :joy::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

1 Like

Honestly I thought Zandalari were just about the great racials, but honestly, they actually mog really nicely too.

1 Like

Well, to be fair, the Blood Elves were going to rejoin the Alliance at one point anyways. Jaina blew that up.

1 Like

Zandalari add a lot to the Horde.
Great racials? Check.
Awesome looking? Check.
Paladins and druids? Check.
Great lore? Check.

Iā€™m expecting their population at max level will surpass Lightforged, Dark Irons, Magā€™har and Highmountain by next sunday.

If kul tirans did not have druids (and, letā€™s be frank, druids to not fit the seafaring fantasy of the kul tirans nor make much sense among humans), theyā€™d be completely abandoned. More than 40% of kul tiran players are druids.

8 Likes

Was it Jaina that blew that or was it the Sunreavers in Dalaran that helped smuggle The Divine Bell that blew it?

4 Likes

I honestly think the druidism was a last minute decision because of just how dang cool the Zandalari dinomancy concept was and how everyone loved Drustvar and wanted something from that in playable form.

Iā€™ll admit I wouldnā€™t play KT if they didnā€™t have that tbh.

The High Elf debate in a nutshell:

5 Likes