The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

The utterly false narrative of the Allerian Stronghold, FAKE NEWS!!

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Allerian_Stronghold

Also, do you know that Dalaran is full of high elves?

High Elves that didn’t return to Quel’thalas?

High Elves that remained on the alliance?

High Elves that created the Silver Covenant when Dalaran went neutral, and remained staunchly alliance?

“False Narrative” lol. Pay attention.

8 Likes

do you know when allerian hold was established :smile:

quel’thalas elves have been studying and advancing magic in dalaran for hundreds of years before the destruction of the sunwell and after :woman_shrugging:

its not a unique thing that started after the alliance high elves

2 Likes

During Warcraft II.

Guess what? They met Blood elves when they came to Outland years later.

They’re still Alliance!

“I’m a High elf, not a Blood elf. I’m not gonna suck the magic out of you.”

10 Likes

Did the Allerian High Elves became Blood Elves and joined the Horde when they knew of the fate of Quel’thalas?

Girl.

2 Likes

Vareesa (alliance) and now Alleria (alliance)

= alliance high elves 8.3

MARK IT DOWN!!

If you, as a player, let things go, they also let things go. It’s important to keep reminding them we have not forgotten.

4 Likes

The size of the group don’t change the fact that they were Night Elves.

Thalyssra herself a former Night Elf states that they’ve been slowly changed by the Nightwell:

Blood Elves are also slowly changing by fel and holy energies. You guys say that some Blood Elves alive were High Elves in the same lifespan, but Dath’remar for instance went from Night Elf to High Elf in a single lifespan as well:

12 Likes

Yes, also Blizzard tends to be surprisingly tone deaf, like how Chris Robinson acted surprised when asked about Worgen and Goblin model revamp.

4 Likes

I wish lol

At the earliest we could possibly see them would be sometime next expansion.

I even suspect late next expansion or 2 expansions from now. But I do think we will get them eventually.

It’s not a matter of if, but when

2 Likes

/support!!!

PD: I’m level 97 I dont know why my char is level 65 here o.O

4 Likes

Barrens and Silvermoon, was later confirmed NOT to be true. Or at least, they changed their minds on it.

And correction on one bit of information-

Last bastion’s can’t be taken or lost. Blizzard confirmed that Silvermoon will remain in the hands of the Horde. Regardless if the War front does turn out to be true.

1 Like

So in the german interview Ion admits that the Barrens Warfront was an early alpha thing that they don’t plan on doing.

For the rest of your post you’re gonna need a citation.

1 Like

I may be wrong but the Silvermoon one may have been from the same interview.
As far as the remain in the hands of the Horde statement- I can get it if need be. But my question is, why is this hard to believe? Why would Horde not be able to take the Alliance last bastion (Exodar) but Alliance can take the Horde’s last bastion? The term is very literal. Last. It is our LAST Horde capital. It literally can not be taken. Not in Pvp, war mode/war front etc.

I think the real misunderstanding is coming from the fact that people have missed (or ignored) the war progression that blizzard has already laid out. It’s even in the main BfA blizzcon launch trailer.

Well.

1. I don’t disbelieve it.
  2. I don’t think Silvermoon should switch hands.

BUT…

You said a developer said it. Which increases your burden of proof substantially.

If I said a Developer told me they’re definitely going to add High Elves, you’d want to see it right?

3 Likes

Also it can be taken.

They took Undercity… but it’s still there and you can interact with it.

They can phase Silvermoon.

I’m not saying they should. But claiming it’s impossible isn’t true.

Give me a few minutes and I will grab the statement for you.

How are you not understanding what last bastion means? We are talking about current content, not phased or rewinding time.

You are talking about taking every single capital city away from the Horde and basically leaving them with nothing. That is impossible in a two faction game.

Again, I am going to assume that you have no real idea or understanding of BfA and the direction it is going/will go. I will try to paint a picture for you, in the hopes that you will understand:

The war starts with Teldrassil (plot device) and in doing so, moves to Zand and KT. But it will not remain here. These are allied races. After that, it will move back to the main continents. Most likely, the next strike will be against a Horde capital. The story will play out until each and every Alliance and Horde city is destroyed. Only leaving Exodar and SIlvermoon to remain. So it will be a constant “back and forth strike” or it could be just one fierce strike from one faction and the other retaliates and does the same. Either way.
It will end with Horde controlling all of Kalimdor (other than Exodar) and Alliance controlling all of Eastern Kingdoms (Other than Silvermoon). Both of these will be the ONLY remaining capital cities for their respective factions. They can not be taken or destroyed.
Azeroth (Two main continents) will literally become a large version of Ashran but split in two by the ocean. Why else do you think they completely got rid of the original Ashran? Exactly.

It’s shown here in the BfA feature. At 0:22

Blue> Alliance
Red> Horde

1 Like

I don’t know why you think that’s the case. Blizzard said BfA will change Azeroth. Both Exodar and Silvermoon can fall. There’s already pieces in place that could lead to it.

1 Like

Yes, it will change Azeroth. But where are you getting the idea that the very LAST faction cities can be taken, leaving said faction with NO capital? It does not work that way and can’t. A faction needs at least one capital. At all times.

It’s shown in the BfA features. That I just linked. It’s not rocket science. On top of that, they confirmed that Exodar and Silvermoon ARE those last bastions. Which means that it will be no different than Ashran. A faction hub for each faction, on a continent otherwise full of pvp and war. That’s BfA.

1 Like

What? You are not making sense.

On the start of BfA, not the end. It’s not like Blizzard is spoiling how BfA ends.

Except that’s not accurate at all. BfA is not even centered at those continents, and those capitals are not really in the same servers as Kalimdor and EK.

You’re making rules out of nowhere.