The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

I like everything. The theorycrafting, the support, even the trolling. Anything that keeps this conversation alive. I’m of the opinion that there’s no such thing as bad publicity in this regard

1 Like

???

This thread is not about Blood Elves or Quel’thalas… what’s the catch? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

13 Likes

the catch is blood elves are high elves who live in quel’thalas

still waiting on that mythic. hit me up in game!

:+1:

this is so true. There are some real anti’s but most of them are drama vampires getting their fix. When high elves are announced this is a dead topic for them so they have to turn on their “allies” that start whining about it.

1 Like

By just bumping this thread in the top and keep showing it up it’s fairly ok, whether people want to admit it or not, High Elves are a extremely popular and hot topic.

4 Likes

this thread has been bumped like crazy over the past couple days. It has constantly been in the top 5 threads in general discussion. I haven’t even needed to go to unread posts. It is just right there when I open up the forums.

2 Likes

Even though i prefer it to be in constant activity with good conversations, suggestions and ideas among us to their implementation, hot debates are going inevitably to attract attention to the topic, and if it’s true that the devs are considering feedback for Allied Races, this is not essentially bad as long as people keep showing that they are perfect fit to be a Allied Race.

4 Likes

Blood Elves were High Elves, and High Elves don’t live in Quel’thalas nor are called Blood Elves. Nobody here is asking for High Elves of the past who’re now known as Blood Elves.

Nightborne were Night Elves as well, so following this line of thought Nightborne destroyed the sanctity of the Night Elves.

7 Likes

don’t feed the trolls archmage. When we stop responding to anything fyrebusche says they will either leave or they will be rambling to themself which will honestly be hilarious.

3 Likes

Just popping in to say that if you want to play with Alliance High Elves…Warcraft 2 is now available on GOG.

1 Like

I love how you keep repeating this point as if it had any value! It’s like you literally you are unable to understand that the literal War2 Rangers are still on the alliance. “But it’s Blood Elven Culture” Even when blood elves don’t appear to observe it and the only one who does is Alleria, who is on the alliance, and the people who literally were part of the alliance during the second war are still on the alliance.

Lemme do it with jazz hands. The Warcraft 2 High Elves are literally still part of the alliance on the Allerian stronghold and dislike being called Blood Elves * Jazz Hands *

Like I know it’s hard to accept, but even if the government of Quel’thalas seceded, some high elves didn’t. They are alliance high elves. They don’t loose their culture or background because their government left.

And again, blood elves don’t use ranger tattoos. It’s gone girl.

And I’m talking about the ones that didn’t call themselves blood elves. Do you know what split is? One group goes one way, the other… other way. Listen “Go you own way” from fleetwood mac for auditory aid.

Blood Elves have nothing to do with the High Elves we are asking for. But if you bring them up, they should be getting blue eyes back when the orcs get back their brown skin. Just give it time!

Like, let’s return to the point were Blood Elves and High Elves split, back on 2001. So, since then? Yeah, everything that is Blood Elf lore is exclusively BE lore, and what has happened since then to the ones still calling themselves High Elves, is Modern High Elf lore.

Like you can try making authority claims by cherry picking a youtuber, as if you are too lazy to actually make an argument of your own. High Elven lore, for the last 20+ years it’s is on thing removed from BE lore; what the High Elves have lived for those 20 years is something the BE’s haven’t (and vice versa)

Do you know ho much time of “unique” VE lore exists? 1 year. One year and Void Elves have their own lore and history, yet you are unable to accept 20 times that as differentiation, and we are not even starting to scratch the surface that is Dalarani society and how it has been a mix of human and elven culture for the last 3k years girl!!

11 Likes

Even by this logic, we are talking about the elves that are not part of the Quel’thalas goverment! There should be an easier way to differentiate the two groups, like, if one decided to change their name to something else?

Oh right! Blood Elves are the thalassians on the Horde, and High Elves are the ones on the Alliance, as well as neutral. Hope that helps!

7 Likes

blood elves are high elves who call themselves this to honor the dead

:thinking:

false equivalency

the nightborne werent a small group of night elves that got exiled 16 years ago and decided to not keep their heritage name

With exception of like, all the people in favor of this thread.

4 Likes

Blood elves are high elves that called themselves blood elves. Thus are known as Blood Elves. High Elves that didn’t changed their name to Blood Elves kept calling themselves High Elves.

Blood Elves stopped calling themselves High Elves.
High Elves stopped calling themselves Night Elves.
Nightborne stopped calling themselves Night Elves.
Night Elves stopped calling themselves Dark Trolls.

Blood Elves are no longer High Elves.

6 Likes

Stop giving her attention, people. Learn to ignore.

5 Likes

Actually you sound more like a child, namecalling and throwing a fit then expecting people to respect that. (Or an edgelord, but most of them are children too.)

Just because your mom calls you a big boy doesn’t mean you really are.

1 Like

this is a false narrative. the high elves and quel’thalas completely withdrew from the alliance of lordaeron and havent been apart of the alliance this entire time since wc2… wow

So… Allerian Stronghold, Alleria Windrunner and these NPC’s don’t exist then?

9 Likes

Then why can you train elven sorceresses and priests on the human side, in Warcraft 3? Why are there high elven NPCs in Alliance cities, and fighting on the front lines in places like the Isle of Thunder and Suramar? Even the Arathi Highlands warfront has high elven sorceresses maintaining the Alliance gunship’s shields.

10 Likes