The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

The Wildhammer left their little hills and joined the faction war.
The Dark Iron left their underground caves and joined the faction war.
The Void Elves left their space rock and joined the faction war.

The Highvale already are fighting the faction war from their little lodge, against Forsaken and Revantusk.

5 Likes

maybe. fact is we all know theyre not intrested in joining the faction war at large. keeping tabs on horde movements is as far as they will go

The Quelā€™Danil Lodge is a center of communication for the high elves of the Hinterlands. Their ambassadors are working to establish relationships with other races

Such isolationists. Iā€™m sure their next step is to build a wall around the lodge

10 Likes

Itā€™s not a hugely pushed thing, but when the main characters like Alleria and Vereesa keep mentioning reclaiming Quelā€™Thalas. it sort of sends a mixed message.

So I guess a warfront is, to me at least, a good way of wrapping up that rhetoric and moving the narrative on and away from reclaiming Silvermoon, and onto creating a new identity that stands more on its own two feet.

1 Like

Nice headcanon, is this part of your fanfic where High Elves secretly long to be at peace with Blood Elves, and the Purge of Dalaran was all Jaina?

4 Likes

ok then when are they leaving the hinterlands then lav?

bfa started months ago

Yeah, and Arathi is one of the Warfronts. Yā€™know, directly south of the Hinterlands.

The War isnā€™t limited to Kul Tiras and Zandalar.

6 Likes

then why isnt the alliance side filled with highvale elves. why arent they FIGHTING.

where are the silver covenant elves for that matter

I dunno. Maybe because Blizzard would prioritize playable races for Warfront mobs? Most of the Warfront soldiers have to do with their Commander. None of Arathiā€™s three commanders have much to do with High Elves.

6 Likes

we havenā€™t seen them yet. You have to keep in mind that our characters have largely been contained to one theatre of the war. The war is worldwide. We have been sent to the arathi and darkshore fronts briefly but otherwise all we have into what is happening elsewhere are the limited reports we receive through the mission table.

1 Like

Too good to be true

1 Like

This is too funny thanks for pointing it out

2 Likes

Anyone else think blizzard is saving high elves for a we are losing subs patch

2 Likes

Iā€™m still skeptical weā€™ll ever get them at all

2 Likes

I dunno, they are perfect fit for the Allied Race system, they are already Alliance and they are very popular and requested, logically itā€™s a good move to implement them, not sure why Blizzard would not do it, but i feel itā€™s not going to happen in a short term

2 Likes

You knowā€¦ all this allied race hooeyā€¦ I could solve it for Blizzard:

1. Open up a cross-faction race once the player has earned exalted and max level with that faction-specific race. Undead on Alliance? Sure - once you get 120 and Undercity.

2. New Allied races should be like pandasā€¦ pick-a-side at the start. That would be wicked awesome great. And points out that the KTā€™s and Zandalari should have been new races added instead of allied ones but whatever.

3. Elves? Everywhere. Give 'em all the options. Give 'em both sides. Let a player choose a faction, not the race choosing it for them.

Ok, now Iā€™m talking crazy talk. Maybe I need to go lie down a bitā€¦

Blizzard saved Demon Hunters all the way to 2016 just after WoD, so this makes sense.

4 Likes

Yea, I think they will be the next Demon Hunter ace up their sleeve for a rainy day.

Which almost certainly means we will get a whole expansion dedicated to them in some way or another.

1 Like

Ah Kaelā€™thasā€¦the most wasted character in Warcraft history.

4 Likes

We need to have some heroes turn into crazed villains.