The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

When we talk about a Warfront, it’s to move the story forward. I wouldn’t mind if the Alliance loses it, so long as it move the plot for all elves. Like Nindraine said, it would be awesome if that makes the high and void elves realise that Silvermoon is not theirs anymore and move away from it for good.

9 Likes

That quote is the most feckless, condescending, self-righteous thing I have ever seen in the game.

It’s sad that someone thought it was actually funny.

4 Likes

With the Highvale abandoning arcane magic and the Silver Covenant murdering Blood Elves when given the chance, I’m not sure that many High Elves even want Silvermoon for themselves.

Alleria’s wishful thinking is fine cause she was out for a few decades, but Vereesa… was weird.

3 Likes

I disagree here…a Warfront doesn’t move the story forward…it just locks it in a new perpetual timelock.

Aisde from that, the already disjointed nature of Quel’thalas means it needs more than a simple new phase. It needs the northern bit of Lordaeron completely readjusted to bring Quel’thalas into the real world map.

I’m for almost any excuse to update it, though.

Warfronts ain’t gonna last forever. Datamine shows that someone wins in the end.

3 Likes

Only during BfA. A supposed future revamp would put all areas post-BfA.

And a warfront can have consequences that changes the races involved. Night elves just got dark eyes.

1 Like

Which datamine is this refering to?

Also, as I said, a simple phasing won’t fix Quel’thalas.

just wanted to say hello…and I still don’t agree with this…:sunglasses:

2 Likes
1 Like

A simple phasing did wonders to Arathi and Darkshore. It’s not a full update, but it does move the world to the present. For now, it’s more likely than a world revamp.

2 Likes

the highvale elves are isolationists and the last time we saw blood/high elves together they fought elisande together? and then vereesa still hopes we come back to the alliance

:thinking:

I meant more that a phasing won’t fix the main problem with Quel’thalas which is that it doesn’t even exist on the real world map. You phase Silvermoon right now, it’s still stuck on the Outland limbo mapspace.

So Isolationist they arefriends with the Wildhammer clan and received Draenei emissaries. Almost a Neutral faction, really.

2 Likes

I doubt they will ever move it.

That’s a whole lot of work for the slight convenience of being able to fly from it to the Plaguelands.

1 Like

they work with the wildhammer to keep the witherbark trolls at bay they share the land with

I mean, particularly given the current devs don’t really like flying anyway, I’m inclined to agree.

It’s likely that whatever shape or form Quel’Thalas or Silvermoon got - if any - it would probably be a phase on top of the existing Outland zone.

2 Likes

Please, do reconcile these.

8 Likes

High Elves don’t need Silvermoon anymore, they remained in the Alliance for a reason, they dont care about Quel’thalas. I think giving then a proper district in Stormwind or a new hub nearby is more fitting.

Alleria is just annoyed by what happened to her people, and her family is not there anymore, her sisters left and her son and husband are in Stormwind. I really don’t know why she care so much about with that place.

2 Likes

are you seriously claiming the highvale elves are gonna leave their little lodge and join the faction war?

:woman_shrugging:

And with the Alliance to repel the Horde aggression:

6 Likes