The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Sorry you’re upset. Take care.

4 Likes

Well, if people want to know what you tried to say they are going to consider your post instead of a response to it, especially because your post have a reasonable thought line and the response didn’t followed it exactly.
Anyway, take care, sorry if you felt upset about something.

3 Likes

It was cool to have you among us Izzabelle. I hope you come back :gift_heart:

5 Likes

Actually, it’s a copy and paste of the fourth most popular Alliance race in a different color.

8 Likes

An extremely small amount and some trolls…

Not the mention a lot of the “Anti” people are fine with them as long as they don’t step on any of the Blood Elves themes.

I mean you can see people asking for High Elves in youtube videos, streams, other forums, and many other places. The “Anti” crowd seems to be just a handful of people being selfish.

16 Likes

aye. I don’t see much point in debating whether or not they should happen because they ARE going to happen no matter how much these people are scarred by it.

To think they won’t is illogical. It may not be this expansion. It may not even be in the next 2 but they will happen. Get used to it people. Make your peace because you will not find it on this destructive and self harming path of arguing here.

5 Likes

try not to laugh challenge accepted!

1 Like

The great thing about your posts is that they bump the thread to the top each time. Thanks!

9 Likes

The really great thing about our posts is that we don’t allow this to be a one sided topic and blizz knows there are people who object to alliance high elves being playable.

1 Like

And another bump to the thread! Nice! :+1:

7 Likes

IKR? They are handing them out like candy today. Keep up the good work antis!

5 Likes

Might want to tone down the antagonistic post people.

1 Like

I thought I was being pretty cheery all things considered. I even thanked them!

…But if you insist.

3 Likes

I’m not familiar a ton with wows lore but I figured why not add high elves? Why is it such a hot topic of debate? I don’t see how another race can hurt tbh. It’s another opening to possibly content in general.

17 Likes

because the race is already playable. just not on their preferred faction

1 Like

I actually didn’t consider wanting to play a High Elf at all and mostly just wanted them so all the Void Elves pretending to be High Elves would just reroll to them, but after thinking about it more I think I’d say I would actually consider playing something like a High Elf Paladin or Hunter because so many sets are just nicely themed for them. Heck, even the Night Elf sets, especially the blue/gold recolor, would fit High Elves extremely well. (I hate the blue/gold plate set on all the races that can wear it but I actually would like it if I was wearing it as a High Elf.)

3 Likes

High Elves (The ones currently called High Elves) have been with the Alliance since Warcraft 2 and have been minor to major players in Alliance questing since Vanilla.

They also have themes that neither Void Elves or Blood Elves explore.

The closest thing the Horde had was goblins in Vanilla to Wrath and they became playable in Cataclysm.

3 Likes

Well, because the forums still don’t have an ignore option, in part. Plenty of the anti “debaters” are trolls, or at the very least behave like ones.

The rest believe that somehow making a race that has been part of the Alliance since the very beginning of the game playable will damage the Horde’s identity or Blood Elf identity… despite that race being part of the Alliance before Blood Elves were playable at all, and still are.

15 Likes

Out of likes so here’s a :+1:
Flips hair

3 Likes

anyone new coming in here needs to recognize this as a false narrative. the elves of quel’thalas were never true allies of the alliance. they fought a common enemy during the troll wars. then after that they only supported the alliance with token armies and eventually completely withdrew from the alliance. only a FEW(literally) elves remained with the alliance and became the flavor NPCs you see walking around SW mage quarter and dalaran