The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

It’s not derailing. It’s a High Elf Megathread. That comes part and parcel with discussion of all types regarding High Elves, including their validity.

If you want to rename it “High Elf Fanart, Fanfics and Speculation”, or make a new thread for that specific topic, be my guest, but don’t try to play thought police on a public forum because you only enjoy one aspect of this topic.

1 Like

that isn’t how this works. You didn’t make the thread. You don’t get to decide what it is and isn’t about.

2 Likes

Last I checked, you didn’t make the thread, either.

Not only that, but this thread was allowed to exist because it was to condense the zillion High Elf threads polluting the forum after Void Elves were announced. You don’t get to the leverage that and only allow a specific subset of discussion to take place.

2 Likes

Last time I checked this thread is part of a pre established list of threads that are a continuation of the original. We document these threads and we largely keep the same OP editing it when necessary to add additional information as the threads have progressed over the past few years.

You do not get to determine what the purpose of these threads are for. neither do the mods despite them trying to condense the entire high elf topic to this thread (although it should be said your thread in which its’ entire purpose IS to debate what you are trying to do here is allowed to remain up)

TLDR this is the creativity thread. If you wish to debate about whether or not they should be added go over to your thread.

1 Like

So you’re admitting this is indeed intended to purely be an echochamber/safespace?

I’ll leave if you’ll make it official.

I find it funny that the guy who’s trying to argue that this thread is the main place for all discussion is the one who literally made a tread just to say “No” and is also calling this an echo chamber for our opinion yet somehow his is not.

But this thread IS the place for all discussion on High Elves as an Allied Race. Including arguments for and against.

I want that to be clear to everyone.

9 Likes

It’s me illustrating that my reasoning for making my thread in the first place was a valid concern.

At the time of my thread’s creation, all actual debate had died in here, and it devolved into what Fliktarg is implying it was always meant to be now, a Pro Helf theory and fan speculation thread.

I only started recently posting in here with any regularity a couple weeks ago, because I was being called out by name despite not being here, and debate was present.

It’s no secret that this is the Pro-flavor thread, and mine is the Anti-flavor. I’m merely pointing out the hypocrisy of lashing out on my thread when I called this place a safespace, and then getting admission that it’s how they want it when I’m actually in here.

sips tea lightly Boy, this is some hot drama

Everytime I see Pandaren drinking I think of Uncle Iroh from A:tLA.

1 Like

And literally nothing was stopping you from bringing the debate back here.

Yet you made another thread on the same subject when this thread was made to clear up forum spam in the first place.

So you searched for one person who doesn’t represent the entirety of us to try and paint us all in the same light.

6 Likes

The thing is, we get it. You’ve proven your point.

You keep proving your point. You keep saying the same things over and over and over and over and over and over. Its getting quite tiresome.

You have your own thread. Why don’t you go there and go talk with like minded people so we can talk with our own like minded people? We’re clearly not gonna change our views and you’re not gonna change yours.

3 Likes

I’m making a point here.

You can’t toot each other’s horns and likespam each other over Pro High Elfy stuff and then not call out stuff like this, instead waiting for me, the opposition to do it for you, and then expect me to call out blatant trolling like Fyre or others in the same breath.

1 Like

I don’t see how it is much of an echo chamber or safe space. For that to be true this would have to be a thread for debate where the opposing opinion isnt allowed. Instead this is a thread for discussing how it would happen and what people want to see.

2 Likes

“You do not get to determine what the purpose of these threads are for.”

“TLDR this is the creativity thread. If you wish to debate about whether or not they should be added go over to your thread.”

Your words, bro.

Because this is the High Elf thread and all discussion should be here to avoid forum spam.

Except you’re not. Because you aren’t holding yourself to the same standard and the fact that I’m disagreeing with them disproves your point.

And in order for that to happen we need people for and against ideas.

5 Likes

and? i see nothing contradictory with what I said. What point are you trying to make.

and yes I read what drede said and though his heart is in the right place he is wrong. The threads were continued to cut down the spam from our side. Of course we can’t control the spam of those outside of our community. This is still a thread to promote and discuss creativity regarding high elves and not one for debate.

1 Like

I’m just tired of all this back and forth between us and Lydon.

There just isn’t any way to end the conversation. No one wants to give an inch.

I’m tired…

1 Like

aye but not for whether or not they should be playable but instead how they should be playable.

We have been called an echo chamber and a hive mind a lot int he past but when they don’t poke the bear it is clear that we ourselves in our community have differing views on how high elves should be and we discuss that amongst ourselves via this thread.

1 Like

It’s a fan discourse. There isn’t an end, a winner, or a loser. It’s a public forum. If you don’t like that, I don’t think public forums are a venue for you.

@Drede
Thank you for that post.

1 Like

Personally it is also my favorite color scheme, it is really the most unique! The others are basically recolors, in the way WoW armor has different recolors that can be used for other groups, so that’s my main thought behind them.

But yeah, the plan is to use the “Silver Covenant” scheme in the next armors I draw, thus creating a “kit” of every armor type for the SC, as well in any given scheme.

For example, probably the next set I do is the Highvale Scout one, thus I’ll make a version with Silver Covenant colors :smiley:

5 Likes