The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Crestfall. It’s just an island expedition full of ruins of the Second War.

4 Likes

To be fair, I do like the non-glowing eyes more than the glowing eyes. High Elf eyes without the glow look pretty nice. The issue is that the difference between the two needs to be better explored.

Personally I’m in favor of establishing Meditation as the primary method High Elves used to deal with the Magic Addiction. It sets them up for a racial that would be unique to them over Blood Elves, for one thing. For another, it’d open up the explanation that draining mana from a living being, or a powerful source such as the Sunwell, is the reason for glowing eyes. Mind you, in the case of the Sunwell, it’d be a result of actively empowering yourself, rather than passively having your magic addiction sustained by it.

As far as explaining why some High Elves having glowing eyes now, I’d say simply stating it’s non-canon would be the most effective way or dealing with that. Just a matter of re-using the Blood Elf model that development time and resources weren’t spent on to correct for an NPC race. Once High Elves are playable, there’s a reason to correct it.

5 Likes

the key word is “allied” race. allied races are those not already part of the alliance, so we go out and recruit them…

high elves(which are an insult to blood elves) are already a very small part of the alliance but there are so few…

fair skinned elves are already a core horde race so that rules out just copy pasting them for the alliance. so how do you make them an allied race when all 10 alliance high elves are already a part of the alliance :smile:

Dark Iron Dwarves say, “Greetin’s ya daft dendrophile.”

10 Likes

you do know the DID just joined the alliance officially in bfa right

before the council of three hammers the dark irons tried to seize ironforge for themselves but the alliance intervened for crying out loud

do you guys even lore? :smile:

They’ve been in the Alliance since Cataclysm. They were even part of the Alliance forces in Warlords of Draenor, and a scenario in Mists of Pandaria was about Moira and the Dark Irons proving themselves to the Alliance as well.

Do you?

19 Likes

So Horde is allowed to have purple skinned elves from a core Aliance race, but Alliance is not allowed to have any fair skinned elf?

I think I’m repeating myself here, but since this logic isn’t new, I’ll be re posting the same thing again until something new appears…
http://www.lamaisongourmet.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/spectacular-shades-of-purple-paint-interior-tomtayloronline-shades-of-purple-paint-best-of-1.jpg

19 Likes

actually i meant pink skin. you gaslighted me with the purple skin post. pink skin is a core part of a night elf. thats why nightborne dont get those bright pinkish tones :thinking:

and thats why alliance got blueberries for allied race. and all 11 pure high elf npcs are already a part of the alliance so they cant be recruited as an “allied race.” theyre already allied :smile:

no. they werent. they were a part of ironforge and there was always drama there with the threat of civil war breaking out constantly. moira trying to help out here and there were attempts to improve relations with DID, the council of three hammers and the alliance with the main purpose of bringing them in officially. that finally happened in bfa

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dark_Iron_clan#History

“In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm the Dark Iron Clan is no longer united. One group of Dark Irons has joined the Alliance with their leader Moira Thaurissan, while the other group has followed Ragnaros into alliance with Deathwing and joined the Twilight’s Hammer.”

6 Likes

“One day, King Varian’s scouts had discovered that Zandalari trolls threatened the dwarven capital by rallying the Frostmane trolls against them. Surely, the king thought, if he helped them with their troll problem, they would give him more troops for his campaign against the Horde. But what the King did not realize is that the dwarves did not trust one another. When Varian sought the help from the Council of Three Hammers, both Muradin and Falstad declined to offer aid in Ironforge’s defense for they feared that if they left to fight the Frostmane trolls, the Dark Irons would take advantage of their absence to defeat the remaining clan and take over Ironforge. Frustrated, Varian argued that if no one would help, then Ironforge will fall under siege. Only Moira offered aid, stating that the Dark Irons will prove their loyalty to the Council, Ironforge, and the Alliance in the defense of Ironforge. And so Moira, her personal guard and the High King set out in the snow to save the city, leaving the others to think about their actions”

this is MOP after cata and DW :smile:

specifically its the blood in the snow scenario

And nothing there states the Dark Irons weren’t part of the Alliance so… I fail to see your point. If anything the Dark Irons proved themselves to the other Clans and the Alliance, not unlike how the Void Elves have been.

Dark Irons becoming playable was a formality in BFA. Arguably the same can happen with High Elves. If they unite and form their own government, that government can be recognized by the Alliance.

10 Likes

Hahahaha PINK??? You’re unbelievable, lets take a look into some Night Elf Wallpapers then:

http://www.lamaisongourmet.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/spectacular-shades-of-purple-paint-interior-tomtayloronline-shades-of-purple-paint-best-of-1.jpg

https://icdn5.digitaltrends.com/image/nightborne-mage-1493x996.jpg

Come up with something new please, what’s next Green/Blue/Yellow as the core part of Night Elf fantasy?

20 Likes

And what did the Dwarves in Ironforge do AFTER the scenario do? Disband?

They were ashamed of their actions, and decided to behave better in the future.

4 Likes

You guys keep forgetting, a certain person who keeps posting here is just doing so to stir up trouble and rile people up.

They’re immune to logic and reasoning. Our best course of action is to ignore them.

10 Likes

I don’t care, I’m just going to bookmark my posts to keep re posting it.

Saying that fair skinned elf is a core part of Horde and purple skinned elf isn’t a core part of the Alliance, is a freakin LIE unless the person is colorblind.

I’m not going to tolerate it.

16 Likes

i said the bright pink skin tones :smile:

nightborne dont get pink skin tones. that would be stealing from a core race

I sympathize, I really do. I mained a Night Elf since BC and my primary alt is still one.

But you’re feeding the troll.

12 Likes

Just report the troll and move on, please.

And no, troll, you’re not posting opinions or such, you are posting clear inflammatory content with no logic whatsoever, unless you truly are colorblind, in which case I apologize.

8 Likes

Pink skin tone is not what define the Night Elves:

GIVE SOME SOURCES TO YOUR CLAIMS

11 Likes