The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Amen to that.

Case in point: The Honorbound armour. It’s Gods awful. Looks TERRIBLE on Blood Elves and Nightborne.

Look at the BE and NB heritage armors: regal, sophisticated, refined … and yet any Horde themed gear is all horns and bones and the like.

1 Like

We are just talking anecdotally now. When it comes to the, “Which side is more numerous” point then both sides start to suffer from the false consensus effect. Both sides are going to presume that their opinion is more supported.

And when we look at our limited data, you know there is a small sample size and also it just tells you who wants a race, compared to wanting other races but it doesn’t tell you how many people don’t want a race.

So we just don’t know… and we don’t know that it matters. Like, are the people who want quel’dorei likely to unsub if they keep getting jerked around? Are the people who don’t want quel’dorei going to be so upset that they will unsub if they are included? (Unlikely) and what’s the net. Is the 8% of players that want Quel’dorei going to make more income than someone who is upset leaving?

And there is no way for us to know that…

But anecdotally: this Blood Elf hostage that’s waiting to play Quel’dorei and doesn’t want to play a Void Elf… can you post?

Show yourself.

Like we have Lavinya here. That girl hates Void Elves and is playing one while waiting for Quel’dorei.

How can being able to play part of WoW’s rich lore that is to this day is represented in the game going to hurt WoW’s identity?

What changes from being heavily represented to being playable?

9 Likes

Who’s to say she doesn’t hate the Horde more than she hates Void Elves. Sorry but my opinion will remain many Blood Elf players that want to play High Elves won’t settle for Void Elves.

I also never said anything about Blood Elf players being held hostage. nice try though, I almost find it kinda cute I said they won’t settle and I believe it. Of course those that hate Horde more, or just care about the model will settle.

Also anecdotally asking In your opinion if Horde players have settled for playing Void Elves? Why are so many advocating for High Elves. I mean if what you say is true then shouldn’t all the Horde High Elf advocates be happily playing Void Elves and not posting about Wanting to play High Elves.

I want to play a High Elf and if they became available I would race and faction change to play one. I would even dig deep into my pockets and fork out the money to buy both BFA and whatever expansion they were released in. I don’t want to play a Void Elf, so I’m not going to settle for that.

The shallow people that only want to play “fair-skinned majestic elves” will have the option to play Alliance.

And allegedly shallow people who only want to play “fair-skinned majestic elves” are the majority of the Blood Elf playerbase.

5 Likes

She posted right below your post so your questions can be directed to her.

Are you saying you are the High Elf fan that will switch sides when it becomes available?

I will change my Paladin main from Blood Elf to Quel’dorei when I can and when I have more time to focus on tanking he might become my main again. But I’ve got plenty of Blood Elves that will stay Blood Elves and plenty of Void Elves that will stay Void Elves.

Lore is important to me. So when I’ve got a character then their personality is related to that lore. I like all the wow races. I can’t personally play them all though. Like, I can’t enjoy playing a dwarf, orc, gnome, humans with their current model, etc. But I love the lore and each of the races.

Except the Naga. Terrible creatures. (I’m joking with this last line.)

1 Like

So what your saying is, If you want to play a High Elf for any reason, and your a Horde Player then you are shallow. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

1 Like

wow. You really do not understand what was said. If you like blood elves only for what they look like is being shallow. That you would deny the “enemy” from getting a playable race just so you can be unique with your looks. That is very shallow. it says you don’t care about the story and lore of the blood elves at all and you just want exclusivity to the look.

2 Likes

But you see that alot. Keep in mind pro-high-elf players aren’t arguing over the model, the Void Elves have it. They also aren’t making a sincere argument about the Lore because it’s obvious from the Lore that Quel’dorei exist.

If you are concerned about the Lore then the inclusion of High Elves is paramount.

So what we have is an argument that the playable Quel’dorei will make the Sin’dorei less special…

And what is special about them is their color palette.

I’ll let you make your own conclusions about how hideous that argument is. Though, ironically, it kind of fits the Sin’dorei in game personality.

5 Likes

I guess maybe we shouldn’t be surprised that the arguments for the incredibly superficial race are incredibly superficial.

2 Likes

I wasn’t responding to you

What I meant was that antis often claim adding High Elves to the Alliance would have this horrible impact on the Horde playerbase (because Blood Elves are the most played Horde race [but not the majority, that’s two different things]), because they “look too similar”. So you’d supposedly have plenty of players faction changing and others furious over no longer being “special.”

Which implies the special thing about Blood Elves is the color of their skin. Which is a pretty shallow thing to do

That’s what I’m trying to say, having Characters on an account, and actually playing them are to entirely different things. If having a character on your account is all that matters then According to Realm POP there’s more Alliance characters out there, than Horde. Yet that isn’t what is looked at when people talk about the faction imbalance. They are talking about what faction is actually being played the most.

I care about the Lore as well, To me the High Elves are strong and have exceptional will power. According to Warcraft Encyclopedia all Quel’Dorei are magic addicts, not just Blood Elves. Yet High Elves manage to fight those urges every day of their lives. That to me makes them strong, they also stuck to their beliefs when their whole nation demanded differently. High Elves are important to me because of their history, to say I should Settle for playing a Void Elf is just wrong. :cry:

Also Naga are awful…

That’s actually how Ion treated the people who have been asking for High Elves on the Alliance for over a decade now. As shallow people who only want to play fair-skinned majestic elves, and that if you want that you already have the Horde.

But we don’t want “fair-skinned majestic elves.”

High Elves are more than skin color, model and aesthetics.

Of course, there are people out there who probably think that since Ion is Game Director his word is final and yes, the people who want High Elves only want fair-skinned majestic elves.

8 Likes

Contradictory arguments among them are showing:

“Only a few people want High Elves.”
“We cannot allow the Alliance to have High Elves because most Blood Elf players are going to change to the Alliance”

So, they claim that only a minority of players want playable High Elves at the same time they claim that most Blood Elf players would move to the Alliance to play High Elves.
Both of these claims are false. High Elves are a popular race demand mostly among Alliance players, which is fine because this is the faction they are part of, and any Horde player opinion against them have less value because they aren’t meant to be on their facion.

5 Likes

You as a paying customer of WoW are entitled stable to access to the servers, the story content of the game, your characters, and little else.

This sentiment that you deserve to play as whatever you want and dictate WoW’s story, irrespective of the damage it would do to the franchise or others experiences, just because you’re a paying customer is not only hilariously selfish, but horrendously inaccurate.

Also, the notion that some of you hate Void Elves and simply rolled them to wait for High Elves is one of the sadder things I’ve read. You’re sending the absolute wrong message to Blizz about how you feel about Void Elves if you not only continue to pay your sub, but take the time to roll and level a Void Elf in some warped sense of spite.

1 Like

Companies that want to make money usually listen to what their customers want the most and are willing to pay for and then give them those things, instead of dishing out whatever and hoping people like it.

6 Likes

Oh dear god… this thread really did turn into a perpetual battle over the right for high elves to exist, didn’t it?

Like… is that all that happens now? Is there any productive discussion going on? Are you guys… having fun?

I mean, no shame if you’re enjoying this but… I guess I just want to know if this is life now?

It usually is pretty productive until antis show up.

7 Likes

By that thought, your opinion that they shouldn’t be added is as without merit as ours.

You are essentially saying customers should be silent and take whatever Blizzard decides as immutable rules. No flying? SHut up, take it or go away. My class is underpowered? Shut up, how dare you question the devs? Don’t like it? Go away.

It’s the kind of thinking that makes a company go broke.

7 Likes

No plate class at all? GTFO.