The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

I love that argument. Given that this is the largest thread in GD, and consistently one of the most active, is every point and idea raised in GD considered a loud minority?

Also, given the other thread has fewer posts, fewer frequent posters and less overall activity, does that makes it a loud, but even smaller minority? :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t get it, if we are just a small group of people does that make the other Allied Race communities even smaller groups of people? Absolutely not. Every Allied Race group is a important part of the community and play a key role in keeping people engaged about something in the game, that’s it, and those Allied Race communities also creates ideas and concepts.

1 Like

Any stats of the people for it? You like to throw numbers around and discredit whatever you say but i’ve yet to see objective argument, not tainted by envy.

It’s called common sense. They wouldn’t make the most notable high elf in history dab into the void all of a sudden for no particular reason.

Being popular doesn’t mean it’s good anyway. Look at Donald Trump…

Still not a reliable source.

Let me lay out some fun stuff:

Firstly, the forums are a minority as a whole. You take the number of people who play this game and it eclipses the amount of people who post on the forums.

Secondly, the forums are almost exlusively used for players complaining. Stuff is OP. Stuff is broken. Stuff isn’t fair. Stuff is boring. Stuff is bad. When someone comes to the forums, it’s likely they already have a problem. In this case, Stuff isn’t High Elves.

It’s exponentially less likely for people come here to post about stuff that isn’t affecting them. My thread isn’t an Anti-thread, it’s a debate thread with a Counterpoint OP. There’s probably more Pro High Elf posts in my thread than not, but it’s certainly more even than this. It’s unlikely people who don’t care about playable High Elves existing bother coming to the forums, because they don’t exist. This topic, like most, really only fires up the people not getting what they want.

I’ve accepted that this is a fanart/fanfic dump and speculation thread, operating under the assumption or ideal dream that High Elves become playable. That’s fine.

However, when I saw actual debate and discussion over High Elves had died here, I moved that conversation elsewhere, since it’s not what this thread wanted to talk about anymore, though that hasn’t stopped salty people from trying to shut my thread down, something that only stopped just recently.

3 Likes

Points to the pro-High-Elf advocates Avatars

Not polling data. Strong anecdotal evidence though.

1 Like

“Only a few loud people wants High Elves”
“Blizzard cannot make High Elves playable because most Blood Elves would move to the Alliance”

What.

A lot of High Elf advocates play and enjoy Void Elves, but they are very different from High Elves as you kinda said.

1 Like

So you guys always expect us to provide source for whatever we say but you guys can just say anything out your backside. The other ignored me but do you have any argument for the inclusion of the high elf that would benefit everyone that isn’t : muh want them

1 Like

And a lot don’t.

My wife and I have Void Elves because they’re goth af and we like having bizarro versions of our Blood Elves. The aesthetic is great and I love the hairs, and actual beards.

It does make me a bit jelly. Everyone needs more hairs.

Exacly, people have better things to do.

It seems like you are a seer that can see through the minds of Alliance players in WoW and determine wheter they want High Elves or not. To assume that no player that plays this game outside of the forums didn’t want High Elves is silly. High Elves were heavily present on 3 popular expansions with High sub numbers especially WotLK, and the sub numbers from BfA are probably a fifth of WotLK, you are underestimating how many people that left the game would resub if they are told that the game is in a good state or that Blizzard added something that they always wanted to be in the game.
Many High Elf supporters unsubed over time, they cannot post or show their support anymore and would sub again if High Elves are going to be playable, you can see that some in this thread unsubed since BfA started and let it known.

2 Likes

This game stopped reporting sub numbers when they stopped being a metric of how financially successful the game was.

They make about the same money now through paid-services and the cash shop from 2 to 3 mil subs as they did at WoW’s peak with 12 mil subs when that was the only income.

This is the reason you can pay your sub with in game gold now.

I also find it extremely unlikely that High Elves are being held as some money making card. If that was the case, they’d have done it yesterday.

With the way ActiBlizz is right now, they are looking for every dollar to squeeze, which tells me High Elves aren’t the big ticket you all think they are.

1 Like

You are saying how Void Elves are cool and Blood Elf players like them, what makes you think that High Elves are ever going to harm the Blood Elf population if most Blood Elf players didn’t like High Elves anyway? It would be the same than the Void Elves, their mains are going to stay in the faction with the better numbers, with the better racials, with the better guilds and with the better end game perspective, they are just going to make an alt or another and that’s about it.

I explained before: The devs cannot determine if somethink work or not without putting it on the game, because it is the players who decide that by simply experiencing the features.
“High Elves aren’t going to be a big cash, it’s just a small amount of people that supports them aren’t they?” This is not something that is on their hands to determine, neither in ours, but the fact that the High Elves are a demanded race since Vanilla and still keep going it shows that it’s not just a small sect of people, because if it was it would eventually disappear for losing support over time, but as people left, others took place and continued the legacy.

4 Likes

I don’t know why everyone tries to paint me as the “it’ll hurt Blood Elf numbers” guy. That isn’t in my OP, wasn’t brought up by me and isn’t something I agree with.

However, I do feel playable High Elves would hurt Blood Elves’ identity, story opportunities, and Warcraft’s uniqueness as a fantasy franchise. Blood Elves, the majority of the high elven people in this universe, fight for the Horde, among Orcs and Trolls. It’s one of the great distinguishing parts of this franchise vs. other high fantasies.

If I were just concerned about the .05% that probably already RP as High Elves as a Blood Elf or Void Elf now anyway, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

2 Likes

And? I’ve seen like 4 Void Elf Players advocating for High Elves. What proof do you have that they represent the Horde Blood Elf Players?

Strong anecdotel evidence, in other words, your opinion. In your opinion all Blood Elf Players That want to play High Elves, have settled for Void Elves. In my opinion, Blood Elf players that want to play High Elves will not settle for Void Elves.

I would also be more likely to buy the whole. Giving High Elves to the Alliance won’t negatively effect the Horde player base, if nearly half the player advocating the loudest for them, weren’t Horde players.

You are aware that you can make logical requests for evidence right?

Like… ask for evidence… and if you are asking for outlandish evidence then we can point that out.

One of the primary skills of debate is recognizing when someone is making a claim without any evidence to support it.

They already existed and stand in the front of each other representing different ideals and views, we saw High Elves and Blood Elves coexisting in the history in many situations yet you think that making them playable is moving away from that. The Blood Elf storyline evolved after Burning Crusade with the High Elves on it as their antagonists, and guess what? The divide between those people is one of the most engaging and interesting stories we have in the game. Why is making High Elves playable would detract from the Blood Elves if the existence of the High Elves in the first place actually added a lot to the Blood Elves in terms of their allegiance with the Horde, they used to not have much motivations to fight the Alliance, but seeing the High Elven traitors siding with the Alliance and then outright killing and casting them away from Dalaran was a good motivation.

As if this matters for the subject, nonetheless the High Elves still exist as a distinct group. Void Elves were made playable regardless if the Blood Elves are the majority.

Many people think that this is more of a negative point than a positive one, its unique but it doesn’t mean it’s universally loved, to this day people still think that the Blood Elves feel out of place in the Horde in terms of culture, thematic and visuals.

4 Likes

I still cannot believe that people are still making up stuff like “High Elves hurt the faction divide”, “They are going to damage the game”, at the same time that they are trying to negate the right of paying customers to play with something they enjoy and are passionate about.

5 Likes

The pot calling the kettle black, if i ever catch something produtive from your thread like a good suggestion or idea i would be surprised. You should review the level of discussion happening on or thread before attacking ours, and also change it’s douchebaggy name.

7 Likes