The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

What difference does it make? You’re more than happy to take anyone who supports what you want, no questions asked.

1 Like

Because of player perceptions I’d say.

One of the issues at play here is that Anti-High-Elf Advocates believe that they’re more numerous than pro-high-elf advocates… and they conflate random internet trolls as being supporters of their cause.

In those internet polls we saw, consistently High Elves were 8% of the demand. (in one they were 16% but there were very few other requests. So that one may have been an outlier.)

If you assume one out of every ten wow players really wants to play a Quel’dorei it’s a pretty big deal.

At the same time, we know a lot of them would already be playing Void Elves and that the Horde has more players right now. So it alleviates that, “Every Blood Elf will quit and join the Alliance!” argument that a bunch of Blood Elves that refuse to leave the Horde keep making.

9 Likes

What does that even mean?

“Sorry, you’re not allowed to like the idea of High Elves because you didn’t pass our personality and character tests. Feel free to apply to join one of the many other exciting idea requests threads and thank you for your time.”

o.O

3 Likes

exactly Many opposing high elves don’t even realize the majority of those “with” them are just drama vampires tapping this easy topic for their fix. They would easily turn against you if blizzard announced high elves are happening and anti threads popped up crying about blizzard caving in or something.

6 Likes

They did turn against them yesterday. They made a thread asking for Blue Eyes for Blood Elves and got smashed by forum posters.

If you run into a person that posts as an Orc, Troll, Undead or Tauren there is a good chance that they are against your cause as long as it includes the word “Elf”

3 Likes

The movie takes place during the First War. This would be Stormwind prior to Stormwind burning, and Dalaran prior to Dalaran being razed to the ground (cinematic license to have Dalaran flying notwithstanding).

While WoW’s in-game populations aren’t representative of franchise canon populations, the exercise you’re doing isn’t relevant to current day populations as both of those cities in that timeframe you’re measuring have since been sacked.

I guess you missed the parts about loose estimates and making a few assumptions.

3 Likes

This entire thread is loose estimates and making a few assumptions. How could one ever miss that?

I leave this place mostly alone and let you do you from afar, but do leave the echochamber for air once in awhile, for your health. This place is reaching dangerously narrow levels of thinking.

Yeesh. I’m suddenly reminded why I avoid your thread.

5 Likes

I’m putting forth a motion to reclassified the Anti-High-Elf advocates as, “Horse Necromancers.” Since they rely entirely on defeated Zombie arguments, thus putting us in the unfortunate position to have to beat said Zombie horses out of their undeath.

3 Likes

It’s much easier to talk among like-minded indivuduals, people that share your sentiments.

That doesn’t, sadly, stop the people who don’t agree with you from existing.

I’m just warning that it’s not healthy to only listen to the halves you want to hear all the time.

I don’t know why you guys even bother to go in the other thread, there’s nothing to prove or argue against anymore.

3 Likes

This is the wowhead dressing room? Because i didn’t find the High Elves on the NPCs category.

1 Like

You choose Blood Elf, and then you check “NPC-Only options”. If only it were so easy.

You can also see Female and Male Dark Rangers this way.

Well of course there’s no argument against it because you only want the high elf with no argument for, no reason for any of us to support your “cause” because
: 1st they already put dev time to sate your unreasonable hunger in the void elf
: 2nd we already have a fair skinned elf ( and before you replay the tune of nightborne, we never asked for them
: doesn’t contribute to the story because they’ve always been npc and only npc

To people that say that we are just a loud minority: These are the forums, most people support things but not vocally. And if people pretend that we are just a small cabal of people, this argument indirecly targets the other Allied Race communities aswell, so explain to them too how they are making invalid requests because they are “just a few vocal people”.
This is not a argument, it’s just a personal attack.

Link something like a interview where a dev said that the Void Elves were meant to be a substitute to High Elves.

What proof do you actually have of this. Why would a Blood Elf player who wants to play a pale skinned High Elf settle for playing a Void Elf. Yes as much as you say otherwise, skin tone matters to many of the ones playing as Blood Elves. Just because you don’t wish to face the fact. That giving High Elves could ruin the Blood Elf player population. Doesn’t mean it cannot happen. Also I don’t rightly care about your math. Someone advocating for High Elves did the math, and it turns out it wouldn’t effect the Blood Elf player base. I am not surprised

As I was saying why is it that Blood Elf players that want to play High Elves, will settle for Playing Void Elves, yet none of you High Elf advocates have settled for playing Void Elves, why is that?

Calling a small group small is not a personal attack. This is called a fact. Please stop pretending that because a small group has piled a lot of papers that it means you are a large group. 10,000 posts is not 10,000 people.

That said, a small group with an opinion doesn’t mean that opinion isn’t valid, just that it isn’t popular.

I really would like to know from where did you pull your numbers.

1 Like