The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

10/08/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Shadows
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The fact that it's all (designed to be) contained within this one thread is actually against spam.

Blizzard said no to playable High Elves, which means there is nothing left to discuss. Therefor, this thread is spam.

Ahem.

10/02/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Eleroleron
Do the blizzard employees debate about the High elf/Blood elf race definition, especially when all those repeated threads pop up?

Ever since we found out Allied Races were a confirmed thing we've talked about the idea of who/what could be an allied race all the time. It's a never ending conversation now because of the possibilities it opens up as playable races. We actually love the large discussions it's popped up among you guys. I mean megathreads that are spanning tens of thousands of posts total across all of the capped threads? That's just cool. No other feature in WoW as an idea has had that much engagement.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765836893?page=17#post-340
1 Like
Stop responding to the bait. It's going nowhere.
10/08/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Fliktarg
I love how the anti's essentially acknowledge defeat by ignoring the models that the pro community have created as suggestions to make high elves differ from blood elves.

They have no argument to stand against them so they just pretend it doesn't exist and say high elves are not different enough and there is no way to make them different enough from blood elves.

I don't think they are even trying to win the argument. They just want to "trigger" everyone into blowing their top.
10/08/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Drede
Stop responding to the bait. It's going nowhere.

Yeah, fair point.
I love how the anti's essentially acknowledge defeat by ignoring the models that the pro community have created as suggestions to make high elves differ from blood elves.

They have no argument to stand against them so they just pretend it doesn't exist and say high elves are not different enough and there is no way to make them different enough from blood elves.

That's funny, because we anti crowd say the same thing about you. And blizzard be on our side. So, we have the advantage.

Blizzard said no to playable High Elves, which means there is nothing left to discuss. Therefor, this thread is spam.

Ahem.

Ever since we found out Allied Races were a confirmed thing we've talked about the idea of who/what could be an allied race all the time. It's a never ending conversation now because of the possibilities it opens up as playable races. We actually love the large discussions it's popped up among you guys. I mean megathreads that are spanning tens of thousands of posts total across all of the capped threads? That's just cool. No other feature in WoW as an idea has had that much engagement.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765836893?page=17#post-340

Allied races, not just high elves. Nice try, trying to paint a false expectation that high elves were all they are looking at.

For all you know, they are ignoring high elf discussions by now and moving on to what allied races people really want.
2 Likes
10/08/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Gulrum
I don't think they are even trying to win the argument. They just want to "trigger" everyone into blowing their top.

Basically they are trying to get people to say something they can report them for or if they can't do that they try and derail all discussion.

Don't fall for it people.
I'd really like to know what classes they intend to give High Elves. That way, I can prepare for how many of my 15 toons will be getting race changes. As many as possible, of course!
10/08/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Gulrum
I'd really like to know what classes they intend to give High Elves. That way, I can prepare for how many of my 15 toons will be getting race changes. As many as possible, of course!

Hopefully at least-
Paladin
Warrior
Mage
Priest
Rogue
Hunter
(Hopefully druids- fingers crossed) Alliance needs another Druid race. Plus Tyrande seems more accepting of the Highelves/Highborne lately- so high elves learn Druidism from night elves :)

Warrior/Hunter/Mage/Priest are pretty much guaranteed.

Paladin is Highly likely. There are High Elf Paladin npcs and Arathor could end up teaching them.
And the Highvale are friends with the Draenei.

Rogue can be interpreted as a scout.

Monks are likely since there's nothing saying they can't and meditation is one of their means of dealing with magic withdrawal.

Druids are a maybe since there are some Druidic things Blood Elves have done that all seem to be near Ghostlands. So they can say the tradition died out there but a few survived in the Alliance and where taught by the Night Elves for a simple lore explanation.

Shaman or unlikely but they are friends with the Wildhammer Dwarves.

Warlocks are iffy. There is a "Warlock" High Elf NPC who was the Warlock Trainer in Wrath but his title was listed as "Summoner" which could mean being a Lock trainer is just game mechanics.

Death Knights are a straight up no since it's and allied race as well as player DKs coming from a specific time. And Demon Hunters are as well because none of them went to Illidan.
I agree.

I would say warrior, paladin, hunter, rogue, mage, and priest are a given.

Death knights are possible but not likely for any allied race until blizzard does wrath 2.0 and revamps the DK starting experience.

Demon hunters and warlocks are a no go simply do to what they are. The not giving into the fel is one of the main things that separate them from blood elves.

As for druid and shaman I personally want them both. The logic behind them would come from the wildhammers. They have lived together for quite a while now and it makes sense they would learn their ways. Yes wildhammer have something akin to druids albeit not directly linked to shapeshifting but of course blizzard can expand on that like they did with kul tirans.
10/08/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Tyrandia

Hopefully at least-
Paladin
Warrior
Mage
Priest
Rogue
Hunter
(Hopefully druids- fingers crossed) Alliance needs another Druid race. Plus Tyrande seems more accepting of the Highelves/Highborne lately- so high elves learn Druidism from night elves :)

I mean, I wouldn't have high hopes for druids, but I can definitely see the merits. Storywise it would be pretty interesting to see the Night and High Elves collaberate, especially given they can relate to one another through losing their homes etc. So there's some interesting narrative potential, for sure.

That being said, though, I'd be happy with warrior, hunter, monk, priest, paladin, mage and maybe rogue. Anything extra would be a bonus.
1 Like
If you want to play a Thalassian elf on Alliance, Void Elves are waiting for you.
1 Like
10/08/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Shadows
If you want to play a Thalassian elf on Alliance, Void Elves are waiting for you.
Why would someone who wants to play High Elves consider a shorter version of Night Elves?

Void Elves are irrelevant.
10/08/2018 08:04 PMPosted by Joyeuse
Why would someone who wants to play High Elves consider a shorter version of Night Elves?

Void Elves are irrelevant.

Let's not let the thread get derailed again. Set them on ignore and move on.

Or blood elves for the horde.
10/08/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Fliktarg

As for druid and shaman I personally want them both. The logic behind them would come from the wildhammers. They have lived together for quite a while now and it makes sense they would learn their ways. Yes wildhammer have something akin to druids albeit not directly linked to shapeshifting but of course blizzard can expand on that like they did with kul tirans.

Giving them a shaman class would be something that made them truly unique among elves! It would make sense too, as they are sticking to the old ways of being loyal to the Alliance which pairs up nicely with revering ancestors.
10/08/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Nindraine
10/08/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Tyrandia
Hopefully at least-
Paladin
Warrior
Mage
Priest
Rogue
Hunter

I mean, I wouldn't have high hopes for druids, but I can definitely see the merits. Storywise it would be pretty interesting to see the Night and High Elves collaberate, especially given they can relate to one another through losing their homes etc. So there's some interesting narrative potential, for sure.

That being said, though, I'd be happy with warrior, hunter, monk, priest, paladin, mage and maybe rogue. Anything extra would be a bonus.

In Warcraft 3 Tyrande and Malfurion landed in lordaeron and crossed paths with Kael’thas and they were all very friendly with each other. Plus now that the Highborne are part of Kaldorei culture the Highelves would fit right in with them. Idk just something Positive id like to see, it’s a win-win for the Nightelves and High elves.
10/08/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Nindraine

In Warcraft 3 Tyrande and Malfurion landed in lordaeron and crossed paths with Kael’thas and they were all very friendly with each other. Plus now that the Highborne are part of Kaldorei culture the Highelves would fit right in with them. Idk just something Positive id like to see, it’s a win-win for the Nightelves and High elves.

This is a good point. Maybe, like how the Blood Elves eased the Nightborne into full Horde membership, the Shen'dralar Highborne could ease the High Elves into full Alliance membership!
1 Like
10/08/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Tyrandia

Yeah, look, I'm not saying there isn't valid lore that could plausibly pave the way for it, I'm just saying, y'know, don't get your hopes up, either. ;)