The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

10/08/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Joyeuse
10/08/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Harlequin

You were not promised a damn thing. The lore went a different direction, as did many things. WC3/TFT have the high elves leaving the Alliance and becoming blood elves.
Wrong.

Well then, Where was this promise you speak of?
10/08/2018 04:12 PMPosted by Joyeuse
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You were not promised a damn thing. The lore went a different direction, as did many things. WC3/TFT have the high elves leaving the Alliance and becoming blood elves.
Wrong.

Uh huh.
At the end of the day the profit will be the one doing the talking, not the bullies. If the devs are obstinate and shareholders are losing potential profits, what do you think will change first? The Devs? Or the stance on High Elves?
1 Like
10/08/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Tunkaningan
10/08/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Aidre
Plus there's plenty of opportunities to make them differ from BEs. Even Alleria's model has really cool blue tattoos.
Any argument stating that HEs would be too similar to BEs is automatically broken when I mention..

Pandaren

Why bother with faction identity period? EVERYONE should get to be a Draenei or a dwarf even if they are Horde. Dw guys we can just use the red name tag to decipher whos who!

And yes i LOVE giving your thread attention because it shows that this place isn't just an echo chamber, that there are people against it.

Hahahahahhahaha so ironic that you call it an echo chamber, yet it's just you and this undead quoting each other.

Please do keep posting. The more exposure, the better.

And with that done, I'll get back to constructive feedback. Don't expect a reply.

:)
1 Like
10/08/2018 04:21 PMPosted by Gulrum
At the end of the day the profit will be the one doing the talking, not the bullies. If the devs are obstinate and shareholders are losing potential profits, what do you think will change first? The Devs? Or the stance on High Elves?

Yeah, I know it'll be something Blizz will implement eventually. We're just trying to make it sooner and give a good cause behind it, rather than just money.
But the profit is definitely an appealing side to it for Blizz.
1 Like

Do you honestly think that with all the issues that would cause WoW to tank that adding alliance high elves has any hopes of saving it? lol

Exactly this. In a game where a neutral race exists, and you can sign up to fight for the opposing faction anyway in BG's, High Elves should pose no issue

And if they still do for some of you folk, the High Elf community has bent over backwards trying to come up with possible solutions, going so far as to develop custom models such as these beauties:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/329725237438578688/497559136259801088/HighElfMockup.jpg

This would't break lore as they are unmistakably thalassian, yet are different enough so as to not step on the toes of Blood Elf players
1 Like
10/08/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Harlequin

Do you honestly think that with all the issues that would cause WoW to tank that adding alliance high elves has any hopes of saving it? lol

Agreed. Quite a shallow way to look at if you think high elves would be the saving grace of WoW should its downfall be imminent.

I don't think he means it'll be the one thing to save it, but something that'll bring in profit, for sure. So more like a contributing factor.
1 Like

It certainly wouldn't hurt the game, that's for sure. Considering the fact that more allied races are surely coming in the future, I don't see why they shouldn't be added :)
1 Like
10/08/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Lorithyn

Exactly this. In a game where a neutral race exists, and you can sign up to fight for the opposing faction anyway in BG's, High Elves should pose no issue

And if they still do for some of you folk, the High Elf community has bent over backwards trying to come up with possible solutions, going so far as to develop custom models such as these beauties:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/329725237438578688/497559136259801088/HighElfMockup.jpg

This would't break lore as they are unmistakably thalassian, yet are different enough so as to not step on the toes of Blood Elf players

Oh my god, those are beautiful models. I don't know how I haven't seen them before!
10/08/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Tunkaningan

Why bother with faction identity period? EVERYONE should get to be a Draenei or a dwarf even if they are Horde. Dw guys we can just use the red name tag to decipher whos who!

And yes i LOVE giving your thread attention because it shows that this place isn't just an echo chamber, that there are people against it.

Hahahahahhahaha so ironic that you call it an echo chamber, yet it's just you and this undead quoting each other.

Please do keep posting. The more exposure, the better.

And with that done, I'll get back to constructive feedback. Don't expect a reply[u][/u].

:)

You keep saying ull ignore us, yet you continue to respond. I guess we are making sense to you lol
10/08/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Aidre
10/08/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Lorithyn

Oh my god, those are beautiful models. I don't know how I haven't seen them before!

Aye, the things the community can make are beautiful aren't they? This is honestly the compromise that Blizz should've went with, but I'm guessing they ran out of time and went with Void Elves instead. I know Void Elves are here to stay, but hopefully we can get something like this in the future :)
Folks, the last few pages have just been a fairly wasteful back and forth of no real substance. I think it's time to move on.

The other Allied Race threads do a great job of self moderating by avoiding this kind of negative discyssion via the ignore function. I strongly recommend that you use this now and block out those posters. Responding to them only drags the topic down into pointless circular arguments and bickering, and that's the kind of thing that gets these threads shut down, so lets resolve to try and do better this time.
10/08/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Looker

Agreed. Quite a shallow way to look at if you think high elves would be the saving grace of WoW should its downfall be imminent.

Lol, thank you!
10/08/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Lorithyn
10/08/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Aidre

Aye, the things the community can make are beautiful aren't they? This is honestly the compromise that Blizz should've went with, but I'm guessing they ran out of time and went with Void Elves instead. I know Void Elves are here to stay, but hopefully we can get something like this in the future :)

It feels like we were teased when Alleria was revealed on Argus with her cool blue tattoos. I know she's technically a Void Elf now, but it gives me hope for the future, especially with that image you posted. :)
10/08/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Nindraine
Folks, the last few pages have just been a fairly wasteful back and forth of no real substance. I think it's time to move on.

The other Allied Race threads do a great job of self moderating by avoiding this kind of negative discyssion via the ignore function. I strongly recommend that you use this now and block out those posters. Responding to them only drags the topic down into pointless circular arguments and bickering, and that's the kind of thing that gets these threads shut down, so lets resolve to try and do better this time.

That's why I've stopped replying to them. It's clear they just wanted to act like children and troll post so I had my last post for them to read over then I'm on my way to the important part of this thread, having a proper discussion.
1 Like
Originally from WC3, high elves and blood elves are the same thing. It was just a name change to honor those that died fighting the Scourge sacking Quel'thalas. In Legion, we began to see Blizzard try and retcon this making a distinction from high elves and blood elves.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me AT ALL if they added them as a recycled *cough* I mean Allied Race. The whole Allied Race system is just recycled content they are passing off as new. A blood elf with blue hair is not a new race, it's a blood elf with blue hair.
10/08/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Aidre
10/08/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Nindraine

That's why I've stopped replying to them. It's clear they just wanted to act like children and troll post so I had my last post for them to read over then I'm on my way to the important part of this thread, having a proper discussion.

Uhh...
You guys are just as guilty (if not worse) acting like children. Dont even. You dont wanna go there.
Oh! Before I forget, does anyone have a reference to anything that explains how the High Elf customizations were moved/changed to be seperate to the Blood Elf ones? I tried finding something that explains it but Im not really getting anywhere on my own.