The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

10/08/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Aidre
10/08/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Xathra

You mean like Classic posters did for years?

This ^^

With enough persistence, I'm sure we'll get our wish. (And Blizz will make a high profit off it too :D )

It's been 14 years, maybe in another 14, lol.
10/08/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Crøwley
10/08/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Aidre

This ^^

With enough persistence, I'm sure we'll get our wish. (And Blizz will make a high profit off it too :D )

Will you still be trolling high elf threads for the next 14 years? *Thinking*
10/08/2018 03:36 PMPosted by Crøwley
10/08/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Joyeuse
...No, I've played the game as several of the races the Alliance has been permitted. Sucks that I can't play the one race that made me a solid fan and lifelong customer of Warcraft in the first place.

But you're just trolling so it's not like personal anecdotes really matter, here.

Isn't that your fault? You knew from TBC that high elves are on the horde if you wanted to play them, right?
Horde Blood Elves are not what I was promised in Warcraft III, and I honestly have no interest in seriously playing one on the wrong faction. I can admit that Blood Elves will never come back home due to faction population issues. But High Elves exist in-universe as part of the Alliance, so Alliance players should get to play them. They're one of the Alliance's main races.
10/08/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Safana
10/08/2018 03:37 PMPosted by Crøwley

What's actually quite ironic is that he is giving our thread more attention and exposure, so it's a win-win.
1 Like
10/04/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Arrowshooter
They already said no

Please provide a link to a direct quote where a dev said ‘no’ in reference to Alliance High Elves.
10/08/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Crøwley
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You mean like Classic posters did for years?

Classic = factual evidence of revenue loss if they didnt, huge fanbase, ip protection, high demand, and they never said no

High elves = none of those things

Nice try tho. No, not really. Pretty bad argument right there.

Except you're wrong. High Elves are all of those things except the loss of revenue, which can be debated because we don't know how many people would actually quit, and it has nothing to do with the IP.

Another thing you are wrong about is that they did say "No" to classic servers, on many occasions. Hell there was a WALL OF NO people would auto post every time Classic was even mentioned, and in that post contained every one of Blizzard posts and QA'S against the idea. That was a firm No from them.. That's why it blew everyone's mind st Blizzcon when it was officially announced that it was gonna happen. People didn't believe it was possible or it ever would. People stood firmly against the idea as hard as you are vs. High Elves.

The real difference is.. Ion didn't say a definitive "No" to High Elves. He left the door open and we will keep walking right in with what we wish.

As much as you feel something is a bad argument, it's just your opinion in the end.
1 Like
10/08/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Faerondil
10/04/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Arrowshooter
They already said no

Please provide a link to a direct quote where a dev said ‘no’ in reference to Alliance High Elves.
it was during a q&a where he said there were no plans in the near future
10/08/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Safana
10/08/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Rinastriel
They did, several times. Now you're just ignoring history to support your fruitless argument.

Doesn't change the fact that they will eventually come.

Not a fact and not an eventuality.

Classic = factual evidence of revenue loss if they didnt, huge fanbase, ip protection, high demand, and they never said no

High elves = none of those things

Nice try tho. No, not really. Pretty bad argument right there.

Except you're wrong. High Elves are all of those things except the loss of revenue, which can be debated because we don't know how many people would actually quite, and it has nothing to do with the IP.

Another thing you are wrong about is that they did say "No" to classic servers, on many occasions. Hell there was a WALL OF NO people would auto post every time Classic was even mentioned, and in that post contained every one of Blizzard posts and QA'S against the idea. That was a firm No from them.. That's why it blew everyone's mind st Blizzcon when it was officially announced that it was gonna happen. People didn't believe it was possible or it ever would. People stood firmly against the idea as hard as you are vs. High Elves.

The real difference is.. Ion didn't say a definitive "No" to High Elves. He left the door open and we will keep walking right in with what we wish.

As much as you feel something is a bad argument, it's just your opinion in the end.

Show me where they said no. C'mon, show me. I'm waiting.

And how is IP protection, revenue loss, and proof of high demand (like actual evidence, gd doesnt count) have anyhing to do with High Elves?

That's some bubble you guys live in.

10/08/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Aidre

What's actually quite ironic is that he is giving our thread more attention and exposure, so it's a win-win.

Yea, because that's helped you guys before...lol

10/08/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Safana

This thread is a big troll. I'm not the problem. This troll thread is.
10/08/2018 03:49 PMPosted by Withpuppys

Multiple times.

Exactly. Saying there are ‘no plans’ and ‘but anything can happen in the future’ is not the same as simply saying ‘no’.

10/08/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Crøwley
Multiple times.

Sure. I guess if in your mind ‘multiple times’ has the same meaning as ‘not once’.
1 Like

At best Ions response was a no for 8.1, but it does not rule out bfa itself or beyond. Nobody is screaming for them to be added right this minute but we do want them someday.

No amount of trolling will stop us. I respect a constructive or at least respectful opposing view point.

Example: They look too similar to blood elves.

Response: show the quel'dorei's tendency to intrebreed with humans with their model, use the human or night elf model as a base and tweak it to fit the fantasy of a high elf with human and thallasian heritage.

High elves are blood elves" and "ion said no" are blatant trolling copy paste responses.
10/08/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Crøwley

Except you're wrong. High Elves are all of those things except the loss of revenue, which can be debated because we don't know how many people would actually quite, and it has nothing to do with the IP.

Show me where they said no. C'mon, show me. I'm waiting.

And how is IP protection, revenue loss, and proof of high demand (like actual evidence, gd doesnt count) have anyhing to do with High Elves?

That's some bubble you guys live in.

Yea, because that's helped you guys before...lol

This thread is a big troll. I'm not the problem. This troll thread is.

To save thread space, I won't post the wall here. But give you a link so you can read to your hearts content.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2331373-In-remembrance-of-the-Wall-of-No
1 Like
Plus there's plenty of opportunities to make them differ from BEs. Even Alleria's model has really cool blue tattoos.
Any argument stating that HEs would be too similar to BEs is automatically broken when I mention..

Pandaren
10/08/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Joyeuse

Horde Blood Elves are not what I was promised in Warcraft III

You were not promised a damn thing. The lore went a different direction, as did many things. WC3/TFT have the high elves leaving the Alliance and becoming blood elves.
10/08/2018 04:06 PMPosted by Aidre
Plus there's plenty of opportunities to make them differ from BEs. Even Alleria's model has really cool blue tattoos.
Any argument stating that HEs would be too similar to BEs is automatically broken when I mention..

Pandaren

Why bother with faction identity period? EVERYONE should get to be a Draenei or a dwarf even if they are Horde. Dw guys we can just use the red name tag to decipher whos who!

And yes i LOVE giving your thread attention because it shows that this place isn't just an echo chamber, that there are people against it.

Pandaren

I'm glad you mentioned Pandaren. They became available as a neutral race from the get go. And Blizz regretted making them a neutral race, and they've stated this, as well as never making that mistake again.

Thanks for helping our argument! With two valid points. Awesome!
10/08/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Harlequin

You were not promised a damn thing. The lore went a different direction, as did many things. WC3/TFT have the high elves leaving the Alliance and becoming blood elves.
Wrong.
1 Like
10/08/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Tunkaningan

Pandaren

Why bother with faction identity period? EVERYONE should get to be a Draenei or a dwarf even if they are Horde. Dw guys we can just use the red name tag to decipher whos who!

And yes i LOVE giving your thread attention because it shows that this place isn't just an echo chamber, that there are people against it.

^^^^ This ^^^^

10/08/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Harlequin

And definitely this. There were no promises made about high elves on the alliance, and horde got blood elves.

Where was this "promise" you speak of?
10/08/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Crøwley
Blizz regretted making them a neutral race, and they've stated this

No ‘they’ did not. Greg Street, who is no longer with Blizzard, said on twitter that he was not a fan.
1 Like