The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

10/08/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Crøwley
10/08/2018 02:55 PMPosted by Lorithyn

While they are the most played allied race (only 1% above the Nightborne), they are one of the least played races overall sitting at a whopping 3%

Lol. Let's see why that is...

Allied races have limited classes when compared to races

The data on that site only supports 120s

You have to unlock them to use them

They are new

So...what were you trying to argue again? The fact is, void elves are the most popular allied race so far.

Void Elves have been out since before BFA, any active player who is set on playing them would have them by now. The site also supports those who are not 120, where Void Elves fall to 2%

Point is, in the grand scheme of things they are currently one of the least populated races in the game, which was the point of the op this argument started from
1 Like
10/08/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Dànnar
10/08/2018 02:46 PMPosted by Crøwley
Also Blizzard, since we are here demanding what we can't have, can we also get a major drop increase in The Infinite Timereaver mount? I really want that mount. Since I been farming it for years, I deserve it.

Hey Blizz, since we're asking for the impossible, can we make it so the undead aren't so irredeemably evil?

But. But. It feels so good to be evil.
10/08/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Crøwley
10/08/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Lorithyn

To be fair that mount is still obtainable, you just need to get lucky

But we're not demanding anything (at least most of us aren't lol), we're just voicing our opinions as to what allied race we'd like to see next, just like Blizz told us to :)

I know technically it still drops. But it continues to elude me. And now I hate farming tw dungeons, but I have to lol

Best of luck m8, that's one badass mount!
Anyone else think it's funny that pro high elf posters are asking the same question they did for other recent Q&A and expect a different response?
10/08/2018 03:07 PMPosted by Lorithyn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I know technically it still drops. But it continues to elude me. And now I hate farming tw dungeons, but I have to lol

Indeed it is. Do you have one? And thanks for the good luck!
10/08/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Harlequin
Anyone else think it's funny that pro high elf posters are asking the same question they did for other recent Q&A and expect a different response?

Nope, not surprised. Sad, but not surprising.
10/08/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Crøwley
Blizzard, while our at it. I'd like the original corrupted ashbringer added as an Artifact Ashbringer transmog skin, pls.

Because what I want should be what gets added to the game. I deserve it, because I want it. Amirite?

This describes the high elf people to a T. "Damn the consequences!"

Unfortunately I do not... I just don't have the spare time anymore to farm old world content :(

We didn't get a straight no last time, so who knows? With anything being possible in the future, we may get a different answer this time. I'm not expecting it though, It probably won't be touched on at all
1 Like
10/08/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Joyeuse
10/08/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Braxz
This thread can get a cap extend but not the one a week ago about how badly class design needs to change?
Frankly, the simple act of allowing the Alliance to create High Elf characters would do more for player retention and enjoyment than any other single fix to the game. It's a topic worthy of a high reply cap.

How far gone do you gotta be to believe this. Just because High Elves get added does not solve every other problem you or anyone else had prior to this!

The same things putting you off now will still exist if your race idea gets added. Then instead of an unhappy Blood Elf you get to be an unhappy "High Elf". It's like the dog comic in the burning house "this fine. *pokerface*" Logic is astounding here.
10/08/2018 03:14 PMPosted by Tunkaningan
...Frankly, the simple act of allowing the Alliance to create High Elf characters would do more for player retention and enjoyment than any other single fix to the game. It's a topic worthy of a high reply cap.

How far gone do you gotta be to believe this. Just because High Elves get added does not solve every other problem you or anyone else had prior to this!

The same things putting you off now will still exist if your race idea gets added. Then instead of an unhappy Blood Elf you get to be an unhappy "High Elf". It's like the dog comic in the burning house "this fine. *pokerface*" Logic is astounding here.

Very good point.

10/08/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Lorithyn

Unfortunately I do not... I just don't have the spare time anymore to farm old world content :(

It's not fun anyways, lol. Ur not missing much.

10/08/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Tunkaningan
10/08/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Crøwley
Blizzard, while our at it. I'd like the original corrupted ashbringer added as an Artifact Ashbringer transmog skin, pls.

Because what I want should be what gets added to the game. I deserve it, because I want it. Amirite?

This describes the high elf people to a T. "Damn the consequences!"

Lmao. I mean, amirite :)
...Frankly, the simple act of allowing the Alliance to create High Elf characters would do more for player retention and enjoyment than any other single fix to the game. It's a topic worthy of a high reply cap.

I play the game pretty casually nowadays, but I know I'd be happier as a Quel'dorei High Elf. Sure there will still be other problems in the game, I hope they are addressed asap, but I just want to play the content with a character I'm happy with

I would prefer it if prot warrior was reworked first though lol. Maybe then I'd get back into mythic+
1 Like
The same things putting you off now will still exist if your race idea gets added.
Nothing puts me off about the game World of Warcraft except for the fact that I haven't been able to play High Elves as part of the Alliance for 14 years. Azerite gear is pretty irrelevant to me. My chosen main spec sucks right now but that's okay because there are other classes to play and other things I enjoy doing. What other mechanical problems am I supposed to care about but don't?

Some people are fans of Warcraft exclusively because of High Elves. It's been a terrible wait since BC; we've lived through all sorts of gameplay and QoL changes, which themselves are totally immemorable because it's still been World of Warcraft the whole time.
1 Like
10/08/2018 03:13 PMPosted by Lorithyn

We didn't get a straight no last time, so who knows? With anything being possible in the future, we may get a different answer this time. I'm not expecting it though, It probably won't be touched on at all

I agree it's likely not to be addressed, but that's mostly due to it already being answered recently and it having nothing to do with possible content in 8.1. It's laughable that something as direct as what Ion said wasn't seen as a pretty firm no. Can things change? Sure.....is it likely? That's definitely not likely.

You mean like Classic posters did for years?
1 Like
10/08/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Joyeuse
The same things putting you off now will still exist if your race idea gets added.
Nothing puts me off about the game World of Warcraft except for the fact that I haven't been able to play High Elves as part of the Alliance for 14 years. Azerite gear is pretty irrelevant to me. My chosen main spec sucks right now but that's okay because there are other classes to play and other things I enjoy doing. What other mechanical problems am I supposed to care about but don't?

Some people are fans of Warcraft exclusively because of High Elves. It's been a terrible wait since BC; we've lived through all sorts of gameplay and QoL changes, which themselves are totally immemorable because it's still been World of Warcraft the whole time.

So what you are saying is, you dont actually play the game. For 14 years, you basically stay on the character select screen hitting refresh every few minutes hoping high elves on the alliance will magically appear as selectable.

It all makes sense now. I dont think I've lost this much respect for a cause I dont agree with as I do now. This is a new low for you guys. Wow.
10/08/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Crøwley
So what you are saying is, you dont actually play the game. For 14 years, you basically stay on the character select screen hitting refresh every few minutes hoping high elves on the alliance will magically appear as selectable.
No, I've played the game as several of the races the Alliance has been permitted. Sucks that I can't play the one race that made me a solid fan and lifelong customer of Warcraft in the first place.

But you're just trolling so it's not like personal anecdotes really matter, here.
1 Like
10/08/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Xathra

Classic = factual evidence of revenue loss if they didnt, huge fanbase, ip protection, high demand, and they never said no

High elves = none of those things

Nice try tho. No, not really. Pretty bad argument right there.
10/08/2018 03:30 PMPosted by Xathra

This ^^

With enough persistence, I'm sure we'll get our wish. (And Blizz will make a high profit off it too :D )
1 Like
10/08/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Joyeuse
10/08/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Crøwley
No, I've played the game as several of the races the Alliance has been permitted. Sucks that I can't play the one race that made me a solid fan and lifelong customer of Warcraft in the first place.

But you're just trolling so it's not like personal anecdotes really matter, here.

Isn't that your fault? You knew from TBC that high elves are on the horde if you wanted to play them, right?