The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

10/04/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Lyianora
Blizzard will give us High Elves eventually.

What you think is an inevitability is not an inevitability. Sorry, hon.
10/04/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Starlagosa
10/04/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Lorithyn
I'd like to remind everyone to be respectful. In the end this is a game we're talking about, nobody needs to resort to childlike name calling or personal attacks. Be on your best behavior, Blizz is watching :)

Lucky for the Helfers that blizz doesn't read the Helf discord which is filled with name calling, personal attacks, hatred, etc. All the things that are against the tos here are expressed there instead. Must be nice to have a place to be your true selves with no consequence.

You mean the people who "said" they were pro-High Elf but were in fact anti and only went on there to stir up trouble and make them look bad? Yea, great argument there.
4 Likes
10/04/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Sunfaller
the only real way to end threads like this is to actually add them and solve population imbalance later.

i frankly dont care. give us blood elves with blue eyes and i'll pay for race change. I dont care about tattoos, or other customizations. I just want to be a pretty elf on the good side...I'm done with the side that raises the undead.

get out of the horde and make a void elf then. people like you should never be taken seriously.

@Lorithyn, @Evaina no matter where a Thalassian elf is, they can still feed off the sunwell.
10/04/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Gulrum

Lucky for the Helfers that blizz doesn't read the Helf discord which is filled with name calling, personal attacks, hatred, etc. All the things that are against the tos here are expressed there instead. Must be nice to have a place to be your true selves with no consequence.

You mean the people who "said" they were pro-High Elf but were in fact anti and only went on there to stir up trouble and make them look bad? Yea, great argument there.

People posted screenshots of the discord chat to MMO-Champ after Ion said no in the April Q&A. No one went in there to stir up trouble, people were having a meltdown all on their own.
10/04/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Shadina
10/04/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Lorithyn

I'm not calling you out for upvotes, but simply stating, "forums crying and Blizz said no" isn't something we can debate or discuss as to the potential future of playable Alliance High Elves

But Blizz telling you no is a valid argument, is it not? It is their game. It is their choice. It is their story to tell. You were told no twice. Why is Blizz telling you no not a valid counterargument?

Further, you already have the Thalassian elf model. Void elves were the compromise. Considering they were made up out of thin air, it's clear they were a desperate attempt to give the Alliance the thalassian elf model.

Blizz has said no to many things that they've gone back on, whether that's adding new customization to older races, classic WoW, or demon hunters being playable. Ion himself left the door open when he said, "Anything is possible in the future." What it boiled down to to that there is no plans on the near future to add them but maybe later (no matter how unlikely it may be)

The fact that the Void Elves were not initially comprised of Alliance High Elves leaves me to believe they have plans for them. They could be planning to add them at some point, or perhaps they'll be killed off

I can't speak for everyone who wants Alliance High Elves, but for me it's more than the thalassian model. Should they be added I'd hope that they could get the Nightborne treatment, being given different idle and combat animations (it doesn't take 10,000 years of isolation to stand differently)

Or they could use a completely different rig such as this

https://image.ibb.co/mCTr3c/HE_Male_Skintones.png
3 Likes
10/04/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Rinastriel
10/04/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Lyianora
Blizzard will give us High Elves eventually.

No need to get so jealous that we'll get High Elves someday.
1 Like
10/04/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Tyierin

People posted screenshots of the discord chat to MMO-Champ after Ion said no in the April Q&A. No one went in there to stir up trouble, people were having a meltdown all on their own.

True. I remember that. The wall of people automatically unsubbing and saying there was no longer a point to playing was massive. I just wish they stayed away at this point.

If that's what I meant I would have said it. It's telling that you guys can't even see your own filth anymore.
10/04/2018 04:17 AMPosted by Tyierin
the only real way to end threads like this is to actually add them and solve population imbalance later.

i frankly dont care. give us blood elves with blue eyes and i'll pay for race change. I dont care about tattoos, or other customizations. I just want to be a pretty elf on the good side...I'm done with the side that raises the undead.

get out of the horde and make a void elf then. people like you should never be taken seriously.

@Lorithyn, @Evaina no matter where a Thalassian elf is, they can still feed off the sunwell.

That isn't how the sunwell works. If that was so they wouldn't have needed to even build the sunwell as a new well of eternity was made at mount hyjal by illidan. Also what about those in outland if your theory was even true? Does the power transcend dimensions?
1 Like
10/04/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Lyianora
10/04/2018 04:16 AMPosted by Rinastriel

No need to get so jealous that we'll get High Elves someday.

Denial is the first stage.
10/04/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Lorithyn
I'd like to remind everyone to be respectful. In the end this is a game we're talking about, nobody needs to resort to childlike name calling or personal attacks. Be on your best behavior, Blizz is watching :)

People in both sides have proven that they can be nasty, I've seen that in the discord as well. I'm just trying to do my part in keeping this discussion civil as many people are passionate on this subject
3 Likes
It seems like the Anti helf people on here like to suggest that people only want high elves because they want another blood elf modeled race when in reality this is not the case. People want them because they want the iconic Warcraft races also Ion said no because there is not a sizeable population and then goes on to describe the void elves as ā€œan elite crack squadā€ erm what?!? Thereā€™s a military faction of high elves and thereā€™s like what 10 void elves?

Imagine the events in suramar happened the Nightborne joined the horde and you canā€™t wait to log on to create your nightborne (because the nightborne make sense) and then suddenly to your discovery you find out youā€™re getting a ā€œlightborneā€ Exiled nightborne who dabbled with some light magic for ā€œreasonsā€ and then you get alliance players telling you you canā€™t have the nightborne because theyā€™re ā€œan alliance raceā€ and if you wanted to play a tall Purple skinned elf go alliance
4 Likes
10/04/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Lorithyn
Blizz has said no to many things that they've gone back on, whether that's adding new customization to older races, classic WoW, or demon hunters being playable. Ion himself left the door open when he said, "Anything is possible in the future." What it boiled down to to that there is no plans on the near future to add them but maybe later (no matter how unlikely it may be)

Doesn't change the fact that Blizz told you no, and that they'd think about it later, isn't a means to keep nagging them for it. If you had a wife, and she told you "not right now" would you continue to pester and poke her till she eventually smacked you? I don't think so.
10/04/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Arrowshooter
My honest opinion is that I hope Blizzard never adds High Elves because the forums cry so much about it that it would seem like Blizzard just caved to fan service. They already said no. How many threads do we need about a race that is just blood elves? I hope it never happens.

You mean like they caved on the request for upright orcs? or upright trolls? or golden eyes for Belfs? All of those things were forum posts before they were added.

It's always great seeing something the Horde asks for get added to the game but when it's something Alliance players would get excited about having it's a wall of "no."

Even more exciting to see Bliz's take on giving Alliance something they ask for.

Alliance players: We'd like a playable high elf model in an expac of Allied Races

Devs: Ok. Here's a purple haired, white skinned High elf model complete with tentacles that we're creating out of nothing to give you what you want. You're happy now, right? You don't want the Helf model you think you do. This is better. Trust us.

Alliance Players: ....... But we want an actual playable High elf like the Silver Covenant.

Devs: All Blood Elves are high elves. The Horde is waiting for you.

Alliance Players: ... I don't wanna be Horde. I wanna be Alliance.

Devs: Void Elf for you then .... but we'll keep adding High Elf npc's cause we really like to coat the knife with salt before we continually drive it in your backs. Now leave us alone: we all have to go play on our toons now (which are all Horde). <said while wearing a Horde t-shirt and standing in front of the Orc statue in front of Blizzard HQ).
7 Likes
10/04/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Fliktarg
10/04/2018 04:17 AMPosted by Tyierin

That isn't how the sunwell works. If that was so they wouldn't have needed to even build the sunwell as a new well of eternity was made at mount hyjal by illidan. Also what about those in outland if your theory was even true? Does the power transcend dimensions?

Except that is how it works. When the sunwell was restored by Velen, Lor'themar goes to visit High Elves at some lodge. They tell him that they thought something had happened because the pain of magic withdrawl had decreased sharply.

And yes, elves in outland can use the sunwell. If someone goes to visit the sunwell, it's just to marvel at how pretty it is.
10/04/2018 04:23 AMPosted by Evania
It seems like the Anti helf people on here like to suggest that people only want high elves because they want another blood elf modeled race when in reality this is not the case. People want them because they want the iconic Warcraft races also Ion said no because there is not a sizeable population and then goes on to describe the void elves as ā€œan elite crack squadā€ erm what?!? Thereā€™s a military faction of high elves and thereā€™s like what 10 void elves?

Uh. Hate to be the one to point out a contradiction but uh...

This guy just disproves your entire thing.
As an aside -- when people will upvote comments like Veleera wasn't in the room, therefore High Elves are impossible -- it really shows that this is entirely a matter tribe and not all a matter of argument.

Veleera is a neutral figure who works for the uncrowned. Man you want high elves and you can't even get Vareesa's name right.

You know I know her name, because I used it correctly in my first post. You got me though, I had a senior moment and got two letters wrong in a name I'd already used correctly. Please tell me more about how adding an NPC to a room would destroy the fabric of reality.

My error was a small typo. Yours is a fundamental failure of logic. You're proving the content of that very comment to be true, as you desperately scrounge for points in the wording.

Edited: technically I used it in the second post. Since we're apparently five, and very desperate, I'll just head off the um-actually on that one.
4 Likes
10/04/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Shadina
10/04/2018 04:23 AMPosted by Evania

Uh. Hate to be the one to point out a contradiction but uh...

This guy just disproves your entire thing.

You chose one person out everyone here?? You canā€™t be serious.
3 Likes
10/04/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Tyierin

10/04/2018 04:23 AMPosted by Lorithyn

People in both sides have proven that they can be nasty, I've seen that in the discord as well. I'm just trying to do my part in keeping this discussion civil as many people are passionate on this subject

It's always good to play by the rules.
My point is that you guys put on one face here trying to stay nice and polite but then go back to your discord and bad mouth people here. Comes off a little hypocritical.
We already high elves tho, they are just called blood elves
1 Like