The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

10/04/2018 04:01 AMPosted by Shadina
10/04/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Skig

Wait... where is the rule where you can only get (1) One "subrace"? I must have missed that memo. It would sure suck to not get Forest Trolls just because Zandalari Trolls were added and took the only slot ever available for another Troll race.

It's never once been suggested that more than one race would have an equivalent subrace. Further, each and every leader in there has its own purpose. Alleria is the high elf / void elf representative. She's not gonna give out any other quests. Thus, there are no high elves to be had.

Vereesa Windrunner is knocking on your door
4 Likes
10/04/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Skig

Wait... where is the rule where you can only get (1) One "subrace"? I must have missed that memo. It would sure suck to not get Forest Trolls just because Zandalari Trolls were added and took the only slot ever available for another Troll race.

It's never once been suggested that more than one race would have an equivalent subrace. Further, each and every leader in there has its own purpose. Alleria is the high elf / void elf representative. She's not gonna give out any other quests. Thus, there are no high elves to be had.

Why would Alleria represent the High Elves? Vereesa leads the silver covenant. What High Elf friends does Alleria even still have?
4 Likes
10/04/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Evania
<span class="truncated">...</span>

^ Iā€™m not entirely sure but arenā€™t the Zandalari trolls using the night elf skeleton?

Hybrids. The males use nelf stance and rig, but have their own casting, melee, and various emote animations. The females are full troll though.

Further, we have four elf races already. We do not need a fifth. It's getting old.
1 Like
10/04/2018 04:04 AMPosted by Tomlyn

Why would Alleria represent the High Elves? Vereesa leads the silver covenant. What High Elf friends does Alleria even still have?

Vareesa isn't in the flipping room. Every leader that's giving quests has been in the room since the Embassy was first made. They're not just gonna rando-stick Vareesa in there willy nilly. It makes zero sense that they would.
1 Like
The Quel'dorei would be a great addition to playable alliance races ^^
8 Likes
10/04/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Shadina

Vareesa isn't in the flipping room. Every leader that's giving quests has been in the room since the Embassy was first made. They're not just gonna rando-stick Vareesa in there willy nilly. It makes zero sense that they would.

You're right. She wasn't in the room. It's impossible! Race literally impossib- ha-ha-ha- I can't. You're not- I just can't.
5 Likes

So because sheā€™s not there now youā€™re suggesting they could never add her in there? Iā€™d love to see high elves added giving her a role because it seemed like that was what they were going to do with the three sisters comic but it seems like they forgot about her. :(
4 Likes
the only real way to end threads like this is to actually add them and solve population imbalance later.

i frankly dont care. give us blood elves with blue eyes and i'll pay for race change. I dont care about tattoos, or other customizations. I just want to be a pretty elf on the good side...I'm done with the side that raises the undead.
10/04/2018 04:03 AMPosted by Arrowshooter
10/04/2018 04:00 AMPosted by Lorithyn

If you're against this allied race then I'd hope you'd bring actual arguments and not resort to the whole, "Alliance crybaby" debacle

Think about what you're saying. "I don't want you to have something you'd enjoy!" Please bring actual arguments against High Elves so we can have a respectful debate without wishing ill on others

My "actual argument" is up above the page. If you're going to try and call me out for upvotes, make sure I didn't already answer.

I'm not calling you out for upvotes, but simply stating, "forums crying and Blizz said no" isn't something we can debate or discuss as to the potential future of playable Alliance High Elves
3 Likes
knock off the legolas threads. nobody cares.
7 Likes
10/04/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Lorithyn
I'd like to remind everyone to be respectful. In the end this is a game we're talking about, nobody needs to resort to childlike name calling or personal attacks. Be on your best behavior, Blizz is watching :)

Lucky for the Helfers that blizz doesn't read the Helf discord which is filled with name calling, personal attacks, hatred, etc. All the things that are against the tos here are expressed there instead. Must be nice to have a place to be your true selves with no consequence.
6 Likes
10/04/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Beezlebubba

Yet the threads keep happening. It's almost as if people care about this!
5 Likes
10/04/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Lorithyn
10/04/2018 04:03 AMPosted by Arrowshooter

My "actual argument" is up above the page. If you're going to try and call me out for upvotes, make sure I didn't already answer.

I'm not calling you out for upvotes, but simply stating, "forums crying and Blizz said no" isn't something we can debate or discuss as to the potential future of playable Alliance High Elves

But Blizz telling you no is a valid argument, is it not? It is their game. It is their choice. It is their story to tell. You were told no twice. Why is Blizz telling you no not a valid counterargument?

Further, you already have the Thalassian elf model. Void elves were the compromise. Considering they were made up out of thin air, it's clear they were a desperate attempt to give the Alliance the thalassian elf model.
2 Likes
10/04/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Beezlebubba

You cared enough to come into the thread though. Personally I don't want to be a Legolas clone, I've no interest in playing a High Elf hunter
1 Like
10/04/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Evania

So because sheā€™s not there now youā€™re suggesting they could never add her in there? Iā€™d love to see high elves added giving her a role because it seemed like that was what they were going to do with the three sisters comic but it seems like they forgot about her. :(

Oh yeah? I hope they kill Vareesa off. Violently. She serves no purpose other than to further Alleria at this point.
2 Likes
Blizzard will give us High Elves eventually.
2 Likes
As an aside -- when people will upvote comments like Vereesa wasn't in the room, therefore High Elves are impossible -- it really shows that this is entirely a matter tribe and not all a matter of argument.

I would never support an argument that poor, even if I agreed with the conclusion.

Further, each and every leader in there has its own purpose. Alleria is the high elf / void elf representative. She's not gonna give out any other quests. Thus, there are no high elves to be had.

2 Likes
10/04/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Lorithyn
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I didn't simply say that you guys cry and Blizzard said no although I did say it as part of my larger point.

My larger point is that void elves were added instead of high elves. I don't think Blizzard will add another elf race that shares the same model. You could argue that Blizzard can create a new model for them but then what happens to the older models? Do they get updated with new models too or just stay the same? Then you create a new argument of older elf players who want updates like the high elves got. I do not see Blizzard going down this rabbit hole just to add another elf race when they probably have bigger development priorities.

Another point I made was that there is no data supporting that the larger player base wants high elves. The forums and subreddit are vocal minorities and I always see this argument made in these threads, "Everyone want them Blizz just make them." When actually none of us know what the people who don't read the forums or subreddit actually want.

I'm not trying to rain on the elf parade and if the larger player base wants them then I'm all for it but right now it's just comes off as "give me my fan service."
1 Like
10/04/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Tomlyn
As an aside -- when people will upvote comments like Veleera wasn't in the room, therefore High Elves are impossible -- it really shows that this is entirely a matter tribe and not all a matter of argument.

Veleera is a neutral figure who works for the uncrowned. Man you want high elves and you can't even get Vareesa's name right.
1 Like
10/04/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Shadina
10/04/2018 04:07 AMPosted by Evania

Oh yeah? I hope they kill Vareesa off. Violently. She serves no purpose other than to further Alleria at this point.

I hope they donā€™t she doesnā€™t serve a purpose because they yet to give her one yet and I think unifying the high elves would give her one. And Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s Arator who furthers Alleria Iā€™m sure heā€™s going to be the one to die she said it herself the only thing that allows her to control herself is him.
1 Like