The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

10/08/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Joyeuse
10/08/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Aidre
I hope one day Blizzard hears our plight :'(
Smash that like button: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769766993?page=7#post-121

"Hey what's up guys, it's ya boi Lorithyn coming at you live with another forum post, but before I begin don't forget to SMASH that like button, subscribe and click the bell icon to be notified of my future uploads! Also, I'll be streaming later on Twitch, come chill with me and stay tuned to be entered into my free gift card giveaway!"
10/08/2018 01:32 PMPosted by Lorithyn
10/08/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Crøwley
Disproven? It's a much stronger argument on the anti side than the for side, by a mile. Let's not forget Blizzard also said no multiple times. Add that to the anti argument, and there is no contest. Your views of the anti argument being disproved, is just that. Your views, your opinions. Nothing more.

High Elves fulfill every requirement to be an allied race. With much of what we know about them from Wtolk being retconned, they now have their own culture, relevance and a decent population (not that population matters to what's playable anyway). It wouldn't take much work from Blizz to implement them, so it'd be not much work for a good amount of $$$. High Elves wouldn't ruin the Horde's population, and it won't change any aspect of the game for people who don't want them.

Honestly the only arguments that hold any weight is "elf fatigue" and the whole, "muh player model" debacle. Neither of which disqualifies High Elves from being added. If you're hoping for a more interesting and unique race, I'm sorry to say that allied races are just modified versions of existing races. I still hope that we get the races you're requesting as well, though :)

And regarding the elf fatigue thing, I'll leave this here

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442591285317206021/497500365462306816/Elves.png

Also Blizz never said no. Anything is possible in the future

Keep lying to yourself. You will be continually disappointed. Blizz is smart enough to not add them. You got void elves, and void elves being so popular, they won't be removed.

I can guarantee, 5 years from now, we will see these spam threads still requesting high elves, and blizzard sticking with their same response of No, and maintaining their stance on the subject. And I support them 500% on their NO response.

Just because it makes sense to you, does not make it right or good for the overall game.

Not getting your way is not always bad, and this is one of those situations where this is true.

You wanting <> you always getting.

You Being heard <> always mean your demands will be met.

You are not getting High Elves.
10/08/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Joyeuse
10/08/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Aidre
I hope one day Blizzard hears our plight :'(
Smash that like button: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769766993?page=7#post-121

Would you be willing to edit your topic and question to read more like

"Would you consider High Elf Alliance Loyalists (Silver Covenant, lodges around the world, 7th legion) to be playable? What criteria of an allied race do they fail to meet?"

Or something along those lines? I just want to avoid getting a non answer from them that'll turn into another meme and would love to know why they actually don't want them IF they don't want them.
10/08/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Crøwley

High Elves fulfill every requirement to be an allied race. With much of what we know about them from Wtolk being retconned, they now have their own culture, relevance and a decent population (not that population matters to what's playable anyway). It wouldn't take much work from Blizz to implement them, so it'd be not much work for a good amount of $$$. High Elves wouldn't ruin the Horde's population, and it won't change any aspect of the game for people who don't want them.

Honestly the only arguments that hold any weight is "elf fatigue" and the whole, "muh player model" debacle. Neither of which disqualifies High Elves from being added. If you're hoping for a more interesting and unique race, I'm sorry to say that allied races are just modified versions of existing races. I still hope that we get the races you're requesting as well, though :)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442591285317206021/497500365462306816/Elves.png

Keep lying to yourself. You will be continually disappointed. Blizz is smart enough to not add them. You got void elves, and void elves being so popular, they won't be removed.

I can guarantee, 5 years from now, we will see these spam threads still requesting high elves, and blizzard sticking with their same response of No, and maintaining their stance on the subject. And I support them 500% on their NO response.

Just because it makes sense to you, does not make it right or good for the overall game.

Not getting your way is not always bad, and this is one of those situations where this is true.

Lol

Considering Void Elves are one of the least played races out here statistically, you're wrong from the very start hahhaha
1 Like
10/08/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Aidre
It's like the biggest cash cow they could put out right now. I couldn't fathom how much money they'd make if they actually brought them to the game. Definitely a couple of hundred just from me from race changes/boosts.

(Even though I really enjoy BfA) Here's hoping they get a bit worried with some people not and decide to release HEs to make us happy :DDD

We'll definitely be getting them at some point, whether it be at BlizzCon or in an entirely different expansion. It will be a historic event for WoW. I will personally race change 4 of my characters, and I know many people who'd resub to do the same :)
10/08/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Joyeuse
<span class="truncated">...</span>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29A65f5TGI

You really are a fool, hes already covered it - get over it.
Ion said that anything is possible in the future. It's the future — get over it.

"They arent on the table, but anything is possible."

It's either gonna be a non-answer or it wont be answered. Dont expect anything.
10/08/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Fizsalie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29A65f5TGI

You really are a fool, hes already covered it - get over it.
Ion said that anything is possible in the future. It's the future — get over it.

Actually he said, "there are no plans currently to add High Elves, but anything is possible in the future".

From when he said that to now is barely the Future. Pushing it constantly at them is only going to make them more annoyed.

Also

NO
More
Elves
10/08/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Fizsalie
...Ion said that anything is possible in the future. It's the future — get over it.

Actually he said, "there are no plans currently to add High Elves, but anything is possible in the future".

From when he said that to now is barely the Future. Pushing it constantly at them is only going to make them more annoyed.

Also

NO
More
Elves
There will be more elves one day. It may not be High Elves, but being the most popular race by far, it would be a dumb move not to add more.

Lol

Considering Void Elves are one of the least played races out here statistically, you're wrong from the very start hahhaha

Wrong. Just the opposite, lol. BURNED!!!

https://www.worldofwargraphs.com/global-stats/races

Ouch. That had to hurt.

Blizz is a business, it'd be smart to add them at some point due to the profit motive alone. Their overall stance is not a no, we know of some Blizz employees who are in full support of Alliance High Elves. Even Ion himself said that anything is possible in the future. I guarantee that High Elves will already be playable within 5 years, and the anti crowd will look back and realize that this whole thing wasn't worth fighting about

We are not children hoping we get our way, we are voicing our opinion as to what allied race we'd like to see in the future, something Blizz told us to do. I fail to see how the inclusion of this allied race could be bad for the game, nor do I see how their exclusion could be a positive thing

If you are so sure, why do you feel the need to keep posting that here? You alone are not going to stop the discussion.

Quel'dorei for the Alliance!
10/08/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Crøwley

Lol

Wrong. Just the opposite, lol. BURNED!!!

Ouch. That had to hurt.

He's still not wrong... 3% of the whole population does make them one of the least played races in the game. If he'd said that they were the least played allied race in the game, then you'd be correct
Also Blizz never said no.

They did, several times. Now you're just ignoring history to support your fruitless argument.
There's no reason not to have playable high elves. Even Taliesin made a video with a neutral mind and agreed with us. There aren't any valid arguments for the anti side. Like it or not but this is a fact.
1 Like
Quel'dorei is on the Horde!

Fixed that for you.

The Quel'dorei are not on the Horde, that would be the Sin'dorei

If you are so sure, why do you feel the need to keep posting that here? You alone are not going to stop the discussion.

High elves are on the Horde!

Fixed that for you.

10/08/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Althenar
There's no reason not to have playable high elves. Even Taliesin made a video with a neutral mind and agreed with us. There aren't any valid arguments for the anti side. Like it or not but this is a fact.

And they do not work for Blizz. There are plenty of youtubers against the idea with evidence to support them. Are they as credible taliesman?
10/08/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Rinastriel

They did, several times. Now you're just ignoring history to support your fruitless argument.

"No plans in the near future, but anything is possible"

How is that a no?

Doesn't change the fact that they will eventually come.

Lol

Wrong. Just the opposite, lol.

Ouch. That had to hurt. BURNED!!!
Void Elves are doing the best for an allied race (Nightborne the next, two elf races go figure) sure, but that's it. They may take over Draenei as the 3rd most played Alliance race one day, but I doubt they will beat out Night Elves or Humans because of their class selection.

That all being said... a new elf race on either side is going to do well. The only reasons Nightborne aren't doing as well as Void Elves (imo) is because their models have issues and they are going up against Blood Elves (who by the way, have Paladins, Demon Hunters and Death Knights, classes they do not have).

Link one time. Just one.

Quel'dorei is on the Horde!

Fixed that for you.

10/08/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Althenar

And they do not work for Blizz. There are plenty of youtubers against the idea with evidence to support them. Are they as credible taliesman?

Oh so only blizzard employees' opinions count? Yeah uh, there are plenty of blizzard employees who want high elves. Sorry, but you can't win this. Might as well give up.