The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

10/08/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Drede
I like how people say adding High Elves (And other races) would take away from adding other races but never actually request those other races.

Start your own thread. Not our fault less people want them.

Heck, I've been trying to support Ogres and Forest Trolls but good luck getting a thread that last more than a day.

But fact is, if you're not asking for your thing then that's doing more harm to the hopes of them being implemented then asking for other races ever could.

It would be silly of me to make another Sethrak thread after there is already a Mega one up.

Also Helfers are a minority, vocal but a minority.
10/08/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Tunkaningan
Every section of the community suggesting certain allied races is a vocal minority. High Elves are certainly the largest of those minorities. Providing those customers with the ability to play a race they've been waiting on for 14 years is nothing but a good business decision.
10/08/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Nicolete
I would love to have playable Alliance High Elves as well, but.. i'm sorry Ion said no.

Void Elves are shaping up to be nearly as good as High Elves however.. just trade in the Paladin for the Warlock.
Okay not attacking you at all but I am sick of people saying "Ion said no." Because he didn't.

He literally said "Anything is possible in the future but no plans in the near term to add High Elves as an allied race."

Of course that was right after his "The Horde is waiting for you" statement. So hilarious, Ion!!!

Mind you, this was before BfA came out. He (and Lore in the video) were much more cocky than they are these days ;)

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProtectiveFaithfulEndivePeanutButterJellyTime
1 Like
I like how people say adding High Elves (And other races) would take away from adding other races but never actually request those other races.

Heck, I've been trying to support Ogres and Forest Trolls but good luck getting a thread that last more than a day.

But fact is, if you're not asking for your thing then that's doing more harm to the hopes of them being implemented then asking for other races ever could.

QFT.

I'm here to give my full support for Alliance High Elves! I really hope Blizzard considers it!

Even if they are, so?

No amount of High Elf support is going to keep your race from being added.

Lack if support for your race is going to keep it from being added.

It would be silly of me to make another Sethrak thread after there is already a Mega one up.

Ah, the ol "vocal minority" line.

Look, we can argue who is the majority or minority all day long, but at the end of the day stats don't lie. Elves are the most popular race in the game by far, so whether it's High Elves or Light Elves or Dragon Elves or whatever elves they will be much more popular than probably any of the other races.

And anyway, with the line of "minority" thinking... may as well tell Gnomes no to an allied race then. Barely anyone plays them. So why cater to that small minority? Heck, why give any of the small population races allied races? They are just a minority of players.
1 Like

so blizz will only cater to majorities then? i guess wow will become orcs and blood elves vs humans and night elves, who cares about the other races, they are a minority
10/08/2018 04:02 AMPosted by Starlagosa
10/08/2018 03:37 AMPosted by Dànnar
But despite whatever comes their way, I'll continue to stand by my high elven friends until the bitter end. They've helped me out continuously for Arakkoa, and for that, they'll have my eternal respect.

[/quote]

Congrats, you took someone's dark joke and posted it in here? Not too sure just what you're trying to get at. His sense of humor is unacceptable?
10/08/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Tunkaningan

You guys keep espousing the same things day in day out and talking about what could be like whether they can be hunters or paladins is not the same.

There are a set number of things both sides are gonna talk about. I feel if i don't respond and nobody else responds against High Elves then Blizzard will take it as the community not resisting. I'm here to be your polar opposite. I largely do not care if you engage me or not. I have a set number of things to do today and they do not revolve around this discussion. I exist to remind the developers that there are parts of the community that resist this idea. I'm sure one thing we could possibly agree on is that they make changes ill advised and often to a smaller percentage than is actually representative to the problem. An example being Flying or Rep grind for Allied races. Personally i don't see the issue with locking flying from the start, from keeping Draenor flying behind reps or even allied races behind reps. Though i understand I most likely fit into the minority as more casuals play this game than not.

So....you're just going to dig your heels in and repeat the same beaten to death and disproven arguments regardless of what is actually said, just to voice your opposition?

That literally boils your argument down to 'I don't like it,' which tbh isn't my problem.

I mean, sure, it's your right to say so, I suppose. I can think of better ways to spend your time, but you do you. I'm going to put you on ignore, though. All the best.

Disproven? It's a much stronger argument on the anti side than the for side, by a mile. Let's not forget Blizzard also said no multiple times. Add that to the anti argument, and there is no contest. Your views of the anti argument being disproved, is just that. Your views, your opinions. Nothing more.
10/08/2018 08:00 AMPosted by Tunkaningan

First of all there is already a massive faction imbalance. Currently the horde have a 22% population advantage over the alliance worldwide.

Second we don't want nor care about your blood elves. Adding high elves will not detract from them. The high elves we want were never part of the horde. Most of them were not even citizens of quel'thalas but instead citizens of human kingdoms.

As for the visual issue we have suggested multiple changes ranging from simple hairstyle, warpaint, tattoos, and stance changes to full model changes that yes are entirely justifiable in the lore.

You like to argue that blood elves and high elves are the same but it simply isn't true. The high elves we want have been separated from quel'thalas for hundreds of years. They are not as stuck up or hauty as blood elves culturally.

I addressed all of your points.
They will not be visually distinctive.

The main High Elf storyline is with the Horde. <------

We fix the current imbalance with racials

You dont see them adding alliance or horde races so visually similar to the other side do you? No, you do not.

I can look at any single void elf and visually tell that its different. I can look at any Nightbourne and tell its visually different. You want a Panda situation. A situation that was a mistake in my opinion. Only way to tell the difference is if they appear red/orange nametag.

Personality traits are not cause for giving the Alliance a HORDE race.
They are the same, you just can't accept reality.

Please tell me how you can tell me apart from a blood elf outside of tag it should be amusing.
10/08/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Dànnar
Congrats, you took someone's dark joke and posted it in here? Not too sure just what you're trying to get at. His sense of humor is unacceptable?

Careful. Quoting bannable stuff can get you a suspension.

Best to just respond with the part she wrote and not the thing she quoted.

Or just @them.

Edit; Also a mod just deleted them so I would edit your post.
10/08/2018 12:30 PMPosted by Drede
10/08/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Dànnar

Careful. Quoting bannable stuff can get you a suspension.

Best to just respond with the part she wrote and not the thing she quoted.

Or just @them.

Edited it. Thanks for pointing it out.
I hope one day Blizzard hears our plight :'(
10/08/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Aidre
Smash that like button: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769766993?page=7#post-121
1 Like
10/08/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Crøwley
Disproven? It's a much stronger argument on the anti side than the for side, by a mile. Let's not forget Blizzard also said no multiple times. Add that to the anti argument, and there is no contest. Your views of the anti argument being disproved, is just that. Your views, your opinions. Nothing more.

High Elves fulfill every requirement to be an allied race. With much of what we know about them from Wtolk being retconned, they now have their own culture, relevance and a decent population (not that population matters to what's playable anyway). It wouldn't take much work from Blizz to implement them, so it'd be not much work for a good amount of $$$. High Elves wouldn't ruin the Horde's population, and it won't change any aspect of the game for people who don't want them.

Honestly the only arguments that hold any weight is "elf fatigue" and the whole, "muh player model" debacle. Neither of which disqualifies High Elves from being added. If you're hoping for a more interesting and unique race, I'm sorry to say that allied races are just modified versions of existing races. I still hope that we get the races you're requesting as well, though :)

And regarding the elf fatigue thing, I'll leave this here

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/442591285317206021/497500365462306816/Elves.png

Also Blizz never said no. Anything is possible in the future

They've definitely heard us, they've made that much obvious. Which is why I'm sure we're getting High Elves at some point, Blizz would have to be nuts to make new allied races not be fan service :)
1 Like
10/08/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Joyeuse
Smash that like button: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769766993?page=7#post-121

Consider that like button well and truly smashed!
1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29A65f5TGI

You really are a fool, hes already covered it - get over it.
10/08/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Lorithyn

They've definitely heard us, they've made that much obvious. Which is why I'm sure we're getting High Elves at some point, Blizz would have to be nuts to make new allied races not be fan service :)

It's like the biggest cash cow they could put out right now. I couldn't fathom how much money they'd make if they actually brought them to the game. Definitely a couple of hundred just from me from race changes/boosts.

(Even though I really enjoy BfA) Here's hoping they get a bit worried with some people not and decide to release HEs to make us happy :DDD
10/08/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Fizsalie
...Smash that like button: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20769766993?page=7#post-121

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29A65f5TGI

You really are a fool, hes already covered it - get over it.
Ion said that anything is possible in the future. It's the future — get over it.