The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Nope
4 Likes
10/04/2018 03:43 AMPosted by Skig
10/04/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Arrowshooter
How many threads do we need about a race that is just blood elves?

That's the entire Allied Race system to this point, man.

Void Elves = Blood Elves
Lightforged Draenei = Draenei
Highmountain Tauren = Tauren
Nightborne = Night Elves
Kul Tiran = Humans
Dark Iron Dwarves = Dwarves
Zandalari = Darkspear Trolls

You may not like it, but it's the reality. Best to accept it.

That only shows that because the Alliance already have Void Elves that Blizzard will never add another elf race to the roster, especially one that shares the same model.

It's also best to remember that as confident as you and the others are in your viewpoint, the forums are the vocal minority. A large part of the player base doesn't read the forums or visit the WoW subreddit. I'm not saying that they don't want high elves. I'm saying that you just don't know what the actual, complete player base wants. If Blizzard did a poll that everyone filled out and the majority said they want High Elves, then I'm on board but right now you guys just come off as wanting fan service which is why I hope Blizzard doesn't release them because once a company gives in to fan service, it's a slippery slope that only goes down in terms of quality.
You got Void Elves.

What? You want another Elf race with the exact same model but with blue eyes?

Put your effort into something that isn't stupid.
8 Likes
Stop asking for a Horde race.
14 Likes
I'd like to remind everyone to be respectful. In the end this is a game we're talking about, nobody needs to resort to childlike name calling or personal attacks. Be on your best behavior, Blizz is watching :)
7 Likes
10/04/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Evania
10/04/2018 03:43 AMPosted by Skig

That's the entire Allied Race system to this point, man.

Void Elves = Blood Elves
Lightforged Draenei = Draenei
Highmountain Tauren = Tauren
Nightborne = Night Elves
Kul Tiran = Humans
Dark Iron Dwarves = Dwarves
Zandalari = Darkspear Trolls

You may not like it, but it's the reality. Best to accept it.

Thank you sir! I try to explain this to every ā€œallied raceā€ is literally just a fancy term for ā€œSub raceā€

...Which means the blood elves "subrace" has already come and gone in the form of void elves. Which means no high elves. Great. Glad we agree.
4 Likes
For the quel'dorei! Glory to the alliance!
13 Likes
Dear based ion, please have the entire silver covenant wiped out and killed in the silvermoon warfront so it puts and end to alliance high elves thank you.

P.S. give blood elves blue eyes
7 Likes
10/04/2018 03:54 AMPosted by Dontfightme
Dear based ion, please have the entire silver covenant wiped out and killed in the silvermoon warfront so it puts and end to alliance high elves thank you.

That makes no sense considering the sunwell is light infused now, Why would they revert...?
6 Likes
10/04/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Evania

That makes no sense considering the sunwell is light infused now, Why would they revert...?

if it makes no sense for blood elves to have blue eyes then high elves should have golden eyes. after all, they all feed from the same sunwell.
3 Likes

If that is the case high elves should also have golden eyes and not blue just as the belfs went from blue to green to gold, hence why high elves will never be a think because they would look EXACTLY like blood elves.

If anything they could add blue eyes for belfs as part of their heritage armour
1 Like
10/04/2018 03:52 AMPosted by Shadina
10/04/2018 03:49 AMPosted by Evania

Thank you sir! I try to explain this to every ā€œallied raceā€ is literally just a fancy term for ā€œSub raceā€

...Which means the blood elves "subrace" has already come and gone in the form of void elves. Which means no high elves. Great. Glad we agree.

Wait... where is the rule where you can only get (1) One "subrace"? I must have missed that memo. It would sure suck to not get Forest Trolls just because Zandalari Trolls were added and took the only slot ever available for another Troll race.
8 Likes
My honest opinion is that I hope Blizzard never adds High Elves because the forums cry so much about it that it would seem like Blizzard just caved to fan service. They already said no. How many threads do we need about a race that is just blood elves? I hope it never happens.

If you're against this allied race then I'd hope you'd bring actual arguments and not resort to the whole, "Alliance crybaby" debacle

Think about what you're saying. "I don't want you to have something you'd enjoy!" Please bring actual arguments against High Elves so we can have a respectful debate without wishing ill on others
6 Likes
10/04/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Tyierin

if it makes no sense for blood elves to have blue eyes then high elves should have golden eyes. after all, they all feed from the same sunwell.

I thought they drew their power from other various magic sources but were allowed to make pilgrimage to see the sunwell?
3 Likes
"By striving against the inevitable, we craft meaning from meaninglessness."

We will never get our High Elves. Yet we will never give up the fight!

Viva la High Elf
3 Likes
10/04/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Skig

Wait... where is the rule where you can only get (1) One "subrace"? I must have missed that memo. It would sure suck to not get Forest Trolls just because Zandalari Trolls were added and took the only slot ever available for another Troll race.

It's never once been suggested that more than one race would have an equivalent subrace. Further, each and every leader in there has its own purpose. Alleria is the high elf / void elf representative. She's not gonna give out any other quests. Thus, there are no high elves to be had.
Not this crap again.
6 Likes
10/04/2018 03:59 AMPosted by Skig

^ Iā€™m not entirely sure but arenā€™t the Zandalari trolls using the night elf skeleton?
10/04/2018 04:00 AMPosted by Lorithyn
My honest opinion is that I hope Blizzard never adds High Elves because the forums cry so much about it that it would seem like Blizzard just caved to fan service. They already said no. How many threads do we need about a race that is just blood elves? I hope it never happens.

If you're against this allied race then I'd hope you'd bring actual arguments and not resort to the whole, "Alliance crybaby" debacle

Think about what you're saying. "I don't want you to have something you'd enjoy!" Please bring actual arguments against High Elves so we can have a respectful debate without wishing ill on others

My "actual argument" is up above the page. If you're going to try and call me out for upvotes, make sure I didn't already answer.

Edit: This ended up on page 3. My post is on page 2. There I made it easier for you.

Just to answer your post, my point isn't to take away something you would enjoy. My point is that the high elf fans cry and moan on the forums and like I've said twice already, you guys just come off as whiners who want fan service much like the anime watchers who the term "fan service" is mostly for.
2 Likes
10/04/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Tyierin

High Elves are allowed pilgrimage to the sunwell, but it's not a readily available source for them
2 Likes