The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Is that the same as saying we don’t act the same as the people from the Medieval days, therefore we are no longer Human?

Whether I feel High Elves are a good allied race or not, the Blood Elf Heritage Armor quest certainly united me with my High Elven heritage.

As someone who only plays Blood Elves, I can assure you I have always felt like a High Elf.

2 Likes

Then you don’t know what a High Elf or Blood Elf is or what it means to be one.

Blood Elves did whatever it took to survive, got felt tainted, large parts of their people became withered do to mana tap, and are currently becoming light infused.

High Elves stayed true to their ideals at the cost of their own wellbeing and remained with their allies. Literal opposites.

12 Likes

At this point it’s more cultural than biological. It’s like saying you’re from France, move to America, and adopt American cultures, morals, traditions, mannerisms, accents, etc… It’d be wrong to call you French. You’re American at that point.

6 Likes

There’s also the whole fact that one is Fel Tainted leading to different Skin, Hair, and Eye colors.

2 Likes

To be fair we’ve seen High Elves with the hair colors of Blood Elves. I’d thought for a while that I hadn’t seen any with Black or Red hair, but there are some in the Telogrus Rift (at least a Red-Head). That said I wouldn’t complain if those NPCs were edited to lack Black and Red hair.

4 Likes

Then clearly you didn’t grasp all this time, and with the addition of the heritage scenario, what it means to be a Blood Elf.

The ancestry of High Elves doesn’t matter, you should be feeling like a Blood elf when you play a Blood elf.

The same way that Green Orcs feel fel-corrupted and Mag’har feel untained when playing one. That both are ferocious orcs is besides the point.

The same can be said for those who identify as High Elves on Alliance (the ones who continue to call themselves that) and the Blood Elves who no longer call themselves that and identify as Blood Elves.

As said within the Heritage Armor Scenario itself: “There you will see how the fall of the Sunwell began. And with it, the last act of the High Elves.”

Blood Elves don’t consider themselves High Elves anymore. Neither should your character if you truly enjoy being a Blood Elf. Otherwise you’re just denying your own identity at this point.

Same as a Orc character trying to identify as being Mag’har.

19 Likes

Heheh lol #High Elves CONFIRMED

But Let’s be real, that is just an awesome mount for a high elf char. I might buy it for Tal :smiley:

6 Likes

I have played for a long time. My immersion as a Blood Elf started with this quote:

World of Warcraft Game Manual, Blizzard Entertainment, 2004.

Page 164, The Rise of the Blood Elves.

…" The undead Scourge had essentially transformed Lordaeron and Quel’Thalas into Toxic Plaguelands. There were only a few pockets of Alliance resistance forces left.

One such group, consisting primarily of High Elves, was led by the last of the Sunstrider dynasty: Prince Kael’thas. Kael, an accomplished wizard himself, grew wary of the failing Alliance, which treated it’s Elven allies with suspicion and hostility.

The High Elves grieved for the loss of their homeland and decided to call themselves Blood Elves in honour of their fallen people."

I can call myself a Naiad if I wish, but it doesn’t take from the fact that I’m Human.

I am not against High Elves for the Alliance, so long as they do not use the Thalassian model again. However I believe, with the introduction of Void Elves, that Blizzard are very clearly indicating that it has never been a path they wish to pursue.

2 Likes

And the ones who are called High Elves now where never part of that group.

They either lived in dalaran for 3’000 years, left after the Second War, Where stuck on Outland, or where exiled for not wanting to take part.

When you say “High Elf” it no longer refers to Blood Elves. And when you say “Blood Elf” it no longer refers to High Elves.

They are not the same people anymore. To say otherwise is to deny their history and both identities.

Also, in the most recent lore books, they clarified Blood Elves to be “Survivors of Silvermoon” to reflect that.

14 Likes

You are making the mistake so many people do on this topic.

The group who calls themselves “High Elves” on Alliance are being asked for, not the race, “High Elves”.

Blood Elves are a race of High Elves sure, so are Void Elves.

But neither are the group that calls themselves “High Elves” to this day in WoW. Both Blood Elves and Void Elves identify differently with each other and themselves.

So do the ones who call themselves “High Elves” and have stayed with the Alliance, even when the majority of their people seceded from the Alliance and later came on to identify themselves as Blood Elves.

Again, talking about your ancestry as missing the entire point of the discussion. This isn’t about races, this is about a specific group on Alliance that fans of wanting to become playable.

They have said it is possible that High Elf customization can come to Void Elves, I believe there are threads on this subject. Therefore, Blizzard has clearly indicated it’s possible for the “High Elf fantasy” to exist on Alliance.

EDIT: To clarify it a bit more. When asking for “High Elves on Alliance” people (for the most part from what I’ve seen) are not trying to say “The race high elves should be on the Alliance faction” as here I can see why those who play Blood Elves can be upset.

For the most part, players are simply asking “this group of elves that call themselves ‘High Elves’ on Alliance should become playable”. I’m not sure how with this clarification someone can argue that those asking for High Elves are asking for a race.

If this were the case, then many High Elf fans would be satisfied with the Void Elves as they are also a race of High Elves.

That Blizzard has said High Elf customization can come to Void Elves, also shows that Blizzard themselves don’t see Void Elves as High Elves for Alliance.

15 Likes

Continuing to show my support for alliance high elves. I’m thankful for those who have gone to the trouble of compiling good information and continuing to support the cause. Cheers!

21 Likes

Right there with ya! I’m still supporting high elves as a playable race for Alliance.

19 Likes

My support for Queldorei as a playable allied race for alliance.

17 Likes

Here to continue my to show support for playable High Elves on the Alliance. (And Drakonid while I’m at it).

13 Likes

And from that point on they were no longer high elves. The very section is called Rise of the Blood Elves.

You are ignoring the main point of the above paragraphs if you are using them to say blood and high elves are the same thing. This is the very moment the groups diverged. One became the blood elves, which later became playable, the other remained high elves, which are not playable.

It’s time to make the second group playable.

12 Likes

No.
:slight_smile: :heartpulse:

1 Like

Did anyone else see the Void Elves in Zuldazar corrupting the wild life with the void? Heck I saw them directly channeling the void into some of the animal’s eggs.

Hmm, sounds like something I suggested might happen before.

1 Like

I think it’s another excellent difference between the Void Elves and the High Elves, which only serves to underline the fact that Void Elves are former Blood Elves.

The High Elves would never corrupt wild-life or nature for a simple experiment. Their heavy Ranger thematic as well as their regulated practice of magic from the Dalaran thematic would make what the Void Elves are doing right now something that no High Elf would condone. I can only imagine what the Night Elves’ reaction would be to what Umbric and his people are doing in Zandalar, if they weren’t too busy fighting for their Homelands.

Glad to see Blizzard is developing Void Elves in a direction AWAY from High Elves.

10 Likes

Yeah, in many ways, void elves are what blood elves should been.

6 Likes

The Void Elves sort of remind me of Kael’thas. He too sought out power to protect his people without heeding what path it was taking him down. I wonder how corrupted their behavior will get, and if this social gap might present problems between them and the High Elves. I always felt the High Elves wouldn’t be too happy about Void Elves corrupting their surroundings with the void, especially because it puts the Sunwell in jeopardy, and what it somehow begins to effect them as well.

2 Likes