The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Visual distinction can be achieved in other ways.

Besides, your “turned blue” distinction means nothing under gear.

6 Likes

Not with what my void elf alts wear :wink::smirk:

The fact that Blood Elves are the race with the most player characters doesn’t mean that they are represent the identity of the Horde. Neither the Night Elves being the second most popular in the Alliance means that they represent the Alliance identity, both races are different from the rest of their respective factions and this is what made them more interesting and distinctive.

2 Likes

I still remember Horde players complaining their garrison in Draenor were based on orc architecture. What did they expect?

Horde identity are orcs, trolls, tauren. Forsaken are literally ruining the Horde, and Blood elves were tackled on because the Horde wasn’t interesting on its own.

No one is asking to take the blood elves away. We just want our own high elves, which have been part of the Alliance for a decade before Blizzard decided to give blood elves to the Horde due to player numbers.

And now it’s the Alliance the faction that’s suffering from population imbalance anyway.

13 Likes

I’ll have to disagree with you.

Blood Elves are actually the least consequential Horde race. So much so their most interesting factional conflicts have either been their intraracial war with High Elves (and now Void Elves) or their threats of defection.

Their absence from cinematics and general media is almost a meme.

The fact that they are a played by majority by players means nothing in the face of that. Take off your faction goggles for a second and you might see that.

Seriously… all their anti Alliance contributions have been directed at High Elves, the same people you are diminishing.

11 Likes

So much true in one comment. Be careful about the pissed of blood elf players there.

3 Likes

So i guess that means Gnomes are basically inconsequential too and we can just get rid of them? Not sure i’ve ever even seen a gnome, much less its racial leader in a cinematic. Honestly i hope so because they look so weird.

@mowachassa, I suupose i should be wary of the angry High Elf supporters then too

This is so true is kinda funny. The largest Blood Elf task force i ever see after the burning crusade was in Talador, to help out the AR Draenei on Shattrath and Auchindoun, i bet they have more compromise with the Draenei than with the Horde, but better sweep that under the rug.

6 Likes

The playerbase is the strongest and largest representation of Blood Elves in game. A cinematic does not define ones importances. Since when have the high elves ever been important beyond a few mentionings then?

When’s the last time you saw a High elf in a cinematic? o:

1 Like

Yes, annoying people are everywhere, i can’t understand people that get mad at the internet or when playing games. Blood elf posters tend to easily get serious for some reason, idk if this is just my impression, maybe it is.

3 Likes

Just don’t read them. Just apply some self restraint.

3 Likes

At 1:05

10 Likes

But… but why does Elisande address the high elves apart from the blood elves? A lot of people in these forums say they are the same thing!

13 Likes

That’s not a cinematic… If that counts than didn’t we just see a Blood Elf in the Darkshore Cinematic? lol

1 Like

Pretty low bar if youre trying to compare BE, a playable faction for more than a decade, to High Elves, a non playable one

Maybe the BE will get a cinematic during the Silvermoon warfront, which will inevitably be against drumroll

Void Elves and High Elves :rofl:

Iconique

Here’s a better one.

We have High Elves in 3 games compared to BE in two. We have a book and two comics about Vereesa and an audiobook about Alleria, while the BE have 1 comic.

:joy:

8 Likes

The whole point was to show that you’re wrong? lol And are we bringing the unconfirmed details of a warfront that may or may not happen? lmao

Are we also talking about the many of the High elves that turned into Blood elves? I mean, Ion himself said as much when they were brought up. I guess the horde truly is waiting for you c;

It’s okay though, I guess I can understand why you’re bitter. yeah, I’ll walk my “fair” self out of this thread, and you can sit there like a bitter little blue berry. c:

2 Likes

The word salad is real.

2 Likes

You are wrong but thanks for trying.

1 Like