The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Void elves didn’t exist back in 7.2. Not even the Alleria storyline with the Void was known back then. Vulpera exist now. They’ve been fleshed out already.

Gilblins have also existed for years. They were introduced four expansions ago.

What makes them more likely than a race that has been fleshed out this expansion, has a lot of fans, uses the goblin skeleton and has a quasi-playable model? A single presentation panel showing an old model?

I’m not interested in them either, but not having interest doesn’t mean we can just ignore all the data to make a guess. The amount of work put on vulpera is far above what Blizzard did with any other NPC races.

Heck, vulpera had more work put into them than void elves!

2 Likes

I do not support high elves. We already have too many elves.

3 Likes

aye. If they do go the each race gets an allied race route for BFA I do believe vulpera will be the goblin one and sethrak the worgen one.

tbh though I question that even being true. From all indicators those new deep sea jinyu are being set up to be prime allied race material.

Okay. I disagree with the “too many elves” thing but you have the right to your own opinion. Personally I believe they should add in high elves and san’layn and then the elf race thing can be done because the only way any more elves could be added is for blizzard to make an entirely new branch of elves.

8 Likes

I’ll wait to judge these new ginyu. I get a NPC vibe from them due what seems to be unique gear. We didn’t even see their model, only concept art.

Even if playable, they could only be available on 8.3.5.

The Hoof Elf says what?

Look at Diablo at Blizzcon.
Blizzard should not ignore HighElf fans.
The solution can be found in what fans want.
I want to see Blizzard, a long time ago, full of passion.

2 Likes

While I am personally open to all AR, I do think some just won’t be as popular. Mechagnomes and Deep Sea Jinyu really do seem like those so yeh.

4 Likes

Bit of a different scenario here.

The devs are notoriously known for taking care of the Horde players and their wants/needs/complaints … and there’s a strong “no High Elves” voice coming from the Hordes who play Blood Elves (but but but MUH MODELS!)

With subs dropping, elements of this expac failing, and more people playing Horde than Alliance Blizcon would be a great opportunity to announce that (even at some point) High Elves were coming.

Instead all that was said was, when asked about the possibility of High Elf customization for Void Elves, they say “maybe.”

I really think that’s the best we can hope for at this point.

1 Like

Yeah but that’s like claiming High Elf fans are like this huge majority and I’m like ehhhhh about that lol.

I think the main lesson Blizzard should learn for ARs is that originality for originality’s sake isn’t necessarily a good thing. Sometimes working within the established confines and lore of the setting helps establish more grounded ideas that feel like they belong.

That’s not to say all original AR concepts are bad, of course. But sometimes taking an existing idea that people are familiar with and just…expanding on what is already there is all that’s really required.

I mean at the end of the day, there’s a reason the suggested ARs are what they are. Ultimately every suggestion can be boiled down to the fact that a player has had a small taste of an idea they found interesting and want to see more of it. We don’t need any more left field AR ideas.

3 Likes

It’s demonstrably the most popular AR suggestion, but I wouldn’t use the word ‘majority’. That’s just hyperbole.

5 Likes

That’s the thing, most suggestions that the playerbase will make are going to be the ones already on the lore, that’s for sure, the playerbase can’t really ask for something that doesn’t exist, and in terms of how they will they receive said new unheard of races, it will always be a crapshoot.

So in a perfect system I would make AR an even mix of new concepts, and requests from the community, and in that sense, I don’t really think the Alliance is doing so hot right now TBH, so to have yet another couple of races that haven’t really bee requested, would be a bummer.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not exactly jazzed by the prospect of trash gnomes…but I’m also not wholly convinced they’ll be ARs either, at least based on the Blizzcon slides. It’s very much a wait and see approach at this point.

That being said, if they do turn out to be ARs, I’ll be…well, disappointed to say the least.

5 Likes

I would assume that there’s at the very least an equal amount of Blood Elf players that want High Elves. I’m biased though, as I count myself among them. I know that for a fact that as soon as High Elves become a thing (if ever) that I would be paying for a handful of race changes. My Void Elf and a few of my Blood Elves would make the change to High Elf as long as there weren’t any incompatibilities with available classes.

1 Like

Aww don’t call them trash gnomes, don’t be mean!

But yeah, who knows if they will actually be an AR, but I think they are indeed the most likely of all things presented so far Alliance side tbh.

I’d be happy with some additional high elf, void-style customizations. I know it’s been posted somewhere in the thread but things like lighter skin tones with tattoo options like void stripes and such (similar to Alleria).

Still supporting high elves!

They made a lot of red flags with those jinyu folk that made it seem like they’d only be npc. The not being able to repopulate, only want to kill Naga, etc, makes it seem less likely that they’ll be any kind of AR. They made it loud and clear at blizzcon so I think that’s pretty crystal (unless the possibility of the hatchery has something in store for them…though I doubt it xD)

1 Like

at the same time they went out of their way to make them exclusively work with the alliance

well I don’t see alliance working with Gilblin lol I mean I’m sure there will be reasons why the factions are split as they are. Maybe each will have an entirely different focus while there? That could be a fair enough reason for each side to have different ‘allies’ in that region