The Unofficial High Elf Discussion Megathread

Blizzard does not have infinite resources, and won’t waste resources where they are not needed. Trust me, vulpera will be playable.

I won’t be surprised at all if the Horde-side Mechagon story has goblins hiring vulpera as workforce, and then Galliwyx decides to recruit the vulpera into the Horde because they are a cheap labor force or something like that.

2 Likes

Gallywix hiring the Gilblins makes more sense, considering that the two groups have had relations in the past. Plus, they’re known to be even more daring than land-based Goblins when it comes to risk versus reward scenarios.

It is entirely probable that Vulpera (and Sethrak) are simply the Jinyu/Hozen of BfA.

Blizzard, post-BfA, just needs to bite the proverbial bullet and pair High Elves with Ogres; the oft requested throwback pairing.

Well Vulpera and Sethrak I hope become Allied Races, but I remember blizzard saying Allied Races give players similar models but open up class combinations, think of Mag’har Orc Priests, well regular Orcs couldn’t be Priests Allied Races give the opportunity for it to be possible.

I’m really hoping they do something similar with The Quel’dorei, bring Druidism or Shamanism to the Elven model opening up that class combination and I personally think Alliance do need more Druid and Shaman classes.

Shamans seem to be a higher probability, but I just wish Blizzard would speak on this topic, either let us know if High Elf options are coming to Void Elves or let us know that it is in the works of a probability of High Elves joining the Alliance, they always give such vague answers they never ever say no… and when they do they usually go back on their word, think about classics wow they said never gonna happen and now it’s coming soon.

Their silence is worse then not saying anything at all :frowning:, just put me out of my misery on this topic.

Don’t worry, High Elves joined Alliance already.

I agree, I just think we should not have High Elven druids because this invades the Nigh Elven elven-fantasy. High Elves are residents of lodges which deals with the forest in a practical way, not a magical (or religious) way.

With that, is reasonable to have shamans in them, as you can relate living out of big cities and next to nature as something which brings you out of arcane culture and next to ritualistic shaman culture.

But, using this to give them druids, can make some confusion, because druids imply religious relationships with nature, something we don’t see in High Elves.

According to one of the Legacy of the Quel’dorei mods, Crazed Raven, which affirms that he talked with Ion; Blizzard do not considered make High Elves playable in this expansion, but, they will discuss them in the next expansion.

So, Blizzard is basically decided to just discuss High Elves in the next expansion.

8 Likes

Gallywix hiring the Gilblins makes more sense

Man, I have no idea why people fixated on gilblins. How many “Unofficial Gilblin appreciation threads” have appeared? The demand for them is almost zero, you can barely find someone wishing to play a gilgoblin, Meanwhile, vulpera are fan-favorites and had their models redone from scratch during 8.0 to a quasi-playable status. You can use glyph of disguise on a rogue and pickpocket a vulpera, and even your race name changes.

People betting on gilblins are choosing to ignore that vulpera have what really matters here: time and resources spent on developing them and appeal to a playerbase. They also feel new while not being something really new.

Remember why Blizzard said they chose to use “allied races” rather than sub-races? Because the races won’t always be associated with existing ones. Right now, all allied races are just sub-races. So I guess vulpera will be the first one to not be a variation of an existing race.

It is entirely probable that Vulpera (and Sethrak) are simply the Jinyu/Hozen of BfA.

Jinyu/Hozen came out before an allied race system existed, thought. I do think Sethrak won’t be playable, which will disappoint a lot of people. They have nowhere near the amount of work put into them as vulpera had.

But vulpera? I’m pretty sure they’ll be the Horde race of the next pair. Vulpera is the most likely playable race among all possibilities right now.

@Pepino

Well Vulpera and Sethrak I hope become Allied Races, but I remember blizzard saying Allied Races give players similar models but open up class combinations, think of Mag’har Orc Priests, well regular Orcs couldn’t be Priests Allied Races give the opportunity for it to be possible.

Vulpera are based on goblin model, only thing really different is the face.

I agree, I just think we should not have High Elven druids because this invades the Nigh Elven elven-fantasy. High Elves are residents of lodges which deals with the forest in a practical way, not a magical (or religious) way.

With that, is reasonable to have shamans in them, as you can relate living out of big cities and next to nature as something which brings you out of arcane culture and next to ritualistic shaman culture.

Man, that’s such a fantastic way to put it. I was never really able to articulate why High Elf druids just felt wrong on some level, no matter how awesome it may be. Ultimately whatever happens happens, and I won’t put up any fight against druids being an open option for High Elves, buuuut, Shaman does seem more plausible for those reasons you’ve stated.

I don’t know much about you sir, but I’m sad you’re not going to be able to post more often once Blizz fixes the bug allowing non subscribed people to post.

2 Likes

Just throwing in my support for High Elves :slight_smile: I think they would be a nice edition to the game!

14 Likes

I’m here to show my support for Alliance High Elves in this new era of forum-life!

16 Likes

There are High Elves that are studying the void in Telegrus Rift. They could start studying druidism from Night Elves. They could be compelled to find new ways to defend Alliance lands and the forests in general, as the Horde blight, mine, and torch more and more natural land. And the Night Elves need all the help they can get now that there’s so few of them left to protect and restore their forests.

On a practical note, High Elves would be a counterpart to the Zandalari, rather than Blood Elves. Both have an affinity for the Light and nature, and can bring both paladins and druids to their fractions.

Oh! Thanks for your compliments.

I’m Pontifice, I’ve organized High Elven threads long ago, and also I’m ahead of a great amount of pro-High Elven related projects, such as all of the Legacy of Quel’thalas social media, the publishment of the Alurna Manifest of High Elves, the Legacy of the Quel’dorei discord, et Cetera.

6 Likes

Yeah… But still, defense and religious relationship with the nature from High Elves is something that we did not see. Also, you don’t know the results of these “studies” anywhere in the game, so, just because of them studying it doesn’t mean something.

My point is not that they are unable to learn druidism, because in my humble opinion they are, I’m just considering that, in the current canon lore, shamans are more reliable choice to be a new High Elven
class.

That’s awesome dude. Nice to meet cha. I’m just some random dude that started using the forums recently and noticed a lot of attention around the helf topic and realized “Holy crap. They have a point, they make sense now as a playable race!” and just never got off of the bandwagon.

Now with things slowing down post Blizzcon though I’m spreading around and looking at other topics and stuff too. GD can be a neat place.

5 Likes

It’s nice to meet you too, random dude! Also, if you want to talk with me, after they fix the bug with non-subed accounts, you can join our discord, you will be very welcome there.

Sadly I can’t put the link here, but maybe someone else can.

Yes, forums are a lot better now.

I might join the discord sometime. Honestly I think I might have joined it once before but there was so much going on and so many channels I got overwhelmed and quit lmao. It’s a bit quieter and slower paced on the forums haha.

5 Likes

I foresee that when we get wrath 2.0 in the relatively near future it will launch with taunka for horde and titanforged dwarves (combination of frostborn, earthen, and iron dwarves) for alliance. We could also get san’layn for horde and high elves for alliance due to community outcry for them and it would be going full circle seeing as san’layn were introduced in wrath and the silver covenant as well.

2 Likes

How many “Void Elf Appreciation Threads” did you see in 7.2?

If we are using the information we have right now, Gilblins are more likely additions. I don’t really have a vested interest because I won’t be playing Vulpera, Gilblin, or standard Goblins, but it is just how I see it.

We will know soon enough.

They kinda already destroyed that bridge once the Prince of the San’layn was killed off and, well, you know, this little scene showing how they aren’t really holding ties with the horde instead it was just a mutual arrangement with a very rocky foundation. I don’t see how they can solidify their ties with the horde unless they do some serious stretch armstrong levels of creative liberties.

2 Likes

Wait, what? This is real? Ion said that they’re not talking about it until the next expac?

Oh yah, and that’s the reason like no one counts Warlock as even a possible choice XD

Eh IDK, they just killed the leader and didn’t wipe out the whole of the San’layn, so while the alliance action’s did endanger the whole arrangement, it has not been explicitly stated as called off, and in fact, we do not have a resolution of what happened on that. Did Dreven’s remaining San’layn just leave? Or are they willing to keep working with Sylvanas? We don’t know.