The Unofficial Fyr’lath RNG post

Side note - I am curious what class you’re talking about here.

Wouldn’t it be fair to assume at least 1 spec out of the 5 should be showing signs that the legendary allows one of those specs to be top in raid by a decent margin?

I’m not saying the specs are in a bad spot, I just think if they were balanced “normally” where the divide between “good” and “bad” specs is let’s just say (numbers out of my butt): 15k difference between most classes. That 15k is enough for the classes with the leggo to push to the top. Instead, we’re not seeing that.

The leggo is dropping for quite a few people now (BLP does seem to work). I can’t confidently say what % of the top 95% have it, but spot checking randomly, most of them have it.

Feral druid. I’ve mained druid since vanilla and went feral during the TBC pre patch. Feral had moments early but recently it’s been a miss more often than not. Before DF we’ve usually been good at ST, sometimes even top 3, but most raid tiers aren’t friendly for bringing more than 5 melee and there are usually melee that bring more to the table.

Sure, but we see a larger difference between top and bottom than 15K, and usually do in raid tiers. I can’t rule out the potential that Blizzard considered the legendary in their balancing, just given Blizzard’s chronic balancing issues and the presence of another explanation (warrior and DK not having been reworked and paladin being nerfed after their rework) makes it hard for me to truly buy in to the only reason for plate DPS placement on the meters being the existence of the legendary.

1 Like

Totally fair. Though, Feral saw some love this expansion. I always level my druid each expansion and play feral and bear a little. TBH, I can’t even remember the leggo for feral in TBC.

Anyway, I know we’re already in the weeds on this conversation, but my overall stance on this legendary is that I wish it didn’t even exist. I’ll be happy once we’re no longer tied to it. And I’m not dismissing your stance here, I just don’t feel we need to continue to back and forth about the balancing piece as that’s not that important.

It’s mostly the fact that my DK (who has always been my main since they were released) could be doing ~12-15k more DPS than I currently do, and it all comes down to “was I lucky this week?” For me personally, knowing this in the back of my mind makes me not want to do any content except kill H Fyrakk (through pugging) every week and I’m at 6 kills. I no longer have a desire to do M+ or any other content. I want to have fun with the leggo too, ya know?

If the legendary was locked behind mythic Fyrakk only, I would accept that I won’t get it this expansion and could get it for mog one day and just not care. But, again for me, it’s knowing that I can and that I don’t have the luck.

For the sake of any other class or legendary release - I have been advocating that this acquisition process should not be a thing going forward.

Im aware of that, but you seem to not have read my post. I don’t raid Heroic until Fridays. So i do LFR and Normal on Tuesdays, cause i have time to kill, and it still gives a chance if you haven’t done it yet. My guild doesn’t raid Heroics on Tuesdays cause they have lives.

If i run LFR first and it does not drop, i still have a chance at Normal becuase of higher difficulty, cause it can drop on Normal even if ive done LFR, as does Heroic. If i run Normal, and it doesnt drop, i can run Heroic, which yes has Max chance outside of Mythic. But i don’t run that until FRIDAY. So why not try and get it on the other two difficulties while waiting?

Tbh I envision the board room meetings going like this.

“Hey, we should make a cool legendary a few players can get.”

“But won’t that make super turbo nerds more dorky than us, despite us making video games for a living, mad they didn’t get it and their parses on 3rd party websites will be lower?”

“lol”

1 Like

Yeah feral has its moments for sure, but those moments are usually just exclusively good in raid or M+ (with the start of dragonflight moving us from ST to AOE) and even then few and far between. There have been more seasons where we have been viewed as not worth the slot in both than been genuinely desired in either.

So there wasn’t a “feral” legendary in TBC, per se. However, Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian which started in vanilla and you completed during Karazhan in TBC had a boatload of attack power when in bear or cat form that it was the best option for both aspects of feral until Mount Hyjal where a competitive alternative existed. It wouldn’t fit the mold of a feral legendary in modern WoW, but gearing especially for feral was completely different back then.

Oh I’m certainly with you on this. Like you said, going back and forth on whether balancing was impacted isn’t really that compelling of a discussion. I certainly wasn’t advocating that feral druid needs a legendary and certainly not with this acquisition process. It’s just frustrating to see people so convinced that the reason they were tuned low is because a legendary for their spec exists while I have yet another season where feral druid is only getting the nod in raid because this tier is a combination of unusually melee friendly fights, raids wanting mark of the wild, and the other 3 druid specs being in even worse shape this tier. And we are nearly dead last in any tier list you want to look at for M+ because Blizzard has gutted our AOE talents since S1.

1 Like

At this point , I just log on Tuesdays , do the raid and log off. As a warrior, there isn’t much room for me in keys either especially since there are 2 affix’s warriors are absolutely useless for . Yes bring rally and battle shout but those don’t seem enough anymore . And no I’m not some 2K io warrior talking . I’ve pugged my own keys all the way to 3300.

The legendary would definitely make me more appealing to groups at that IO and my item level , compared to others . The frustration isn’t exactly from not getting it because personally I still perform pretty good. The frustration is mainly from the horrific design of a legendary. From the atrocious rng to the apparent insane quest line I’ve seen people talk about .

Don’t misunderstand me, I completely agree with the idea that getting a legendary should be time consuming. It’s a Legendary after all. But , let it be consuming via a quest line , not via an RNG drop with no confirmed data on how it works or % with no possible catch up mechanic on it after X amount of weeks . The BLP is just my personal opinion that it is a Hoex , to give players hope when it’s not actually real. Cause there is no way I have the same RNG as a fresh alt coming in on the first time and getting the axe when I have 10+ weeks of clearing and embers etc . (Embers since they became available).

I mean it is what it is, I just hope blizzard learns from this and does better next time. You wanna give a class a legendary , go for it. Don’t make 90% of it based of RNG. If you anything , make it so you are garenteed it after X amount of weeks if RNG won’t favor you . Just give us a long quest line like you have done in the past . At least that keeps people entertained with new quest content instead of clearing the same raid over and over and over again with absolutely nothing to gain from it but an RNG drop

1 Like

10 Full clears with 18 lesser embers no ax. This is unfun and stupid.

4 Likes

I almost feel bad getting my friend all the materials necessary for it as a Christmas present.

So you can run it for another 2-3 years and still not get the axe to drop.

People will be farming for a good while then. Even in War within expansion people will still be farming the axe for mogging.

1 Like

If they told us the actual percentage you get from the BLP tokens, none of us would bother farming them. They will never tell us that.

I just wish they would look at raid pug queues and see what a stupid game they’ve created.

0.0000000000000000000000000000000000001% of WoW developers play there own game.

2 Likes

what would you do different if you had it?

not log in Tuesday?

I have the exact same, 10 greaters and 18 lessers. No axe this week and its getting really dumb.

3 Likes

We go agane!

RNG selected me and one other today!

Two Fyralath drops in raid today. :smiley:

1 Like

And people didn’t farm legendary weapons in expansions following when it was current in the past when there was no BLP confirmation at all?

Announcing a BLP system was always going to create friction from the player base because people are bad with probability. There is no short term benefit for them to do so. To have them also commit development resources to the effort to have items drop to genuinely do nothing would be even more head scratching. But you’re telling me they went through that effort to eat bad PR now because it also allows them to have bad PR later, as well? This is quite the fantastical take.

Blizzard could have easily done and said nothing to influence the drop rate of the axe, like every other legendary weapon before it, and received similar amounts of discontent as those weapons. But instead they decided to poke the bear with a system that could not possibly be received well, that they expect players will engage with now and in future expansions. Surely you most realize how absurd that sounds.

1 Like

If I wasn’t able to magical girl xmog this week. I would be way more upset than I already am right now.

1 Like

They should increase the chance to 100% if you get a x amount of embers

1 Like

Now at 11 full clears and 21 lesser embers. Feeling like it’s time to call it quits. This is just trash at this point.

1 Like