The Unofficial Fyr’lath RNG post

I see many posts about Fyr’lath and its drop rate and how the bad luck protection isn’t working or is just an overall hoex. And , yes, I have made posts about this myself .

My question is why is blizzard ignoring all our cries , and or why won’t blizzard comment and clarify the % of the embers etc ?

So my fellow Strength users , let’s all band together under this post and rally . Maybe then we can get a response from blizzard , or better yet action taken to make the Axe not so RNG. Maybe even get them to admit that the embers do absolutely nothing and the BLP is indeed a lie .

Type your concerns and thoughts out under this post and let’s get it to grow big enough for blizzard to finally respond . Same way the removal of flying debris as handled .

6 Likes

You’re gambling. Some will win. Most will lose. The house always wins in the end. Just try to enjoy the game without it.

6 Likes

ill get it sooner or later

1 Like

Up to 10 kills now. Ideally Heroic but if I’m tired or can’t find a group I do normal.

Hate it here.

2 Likes

I am happy to just keep trying. I guess it gives me purpose. But I look forward to when I can stop.

I don’t think I’ll raid much after to be honest.

1 Like

Didn’t get it again this week, I have 9 greater and 15 lesser essences. I seen people go in on an alt and get it. While I been doing it every single week. This system is awful.

5 Likes

My dk has 17 kills on him.
My friend has THREE warriors with the axe, I haven’t even seen it drop yet.
Done with trying the meta train, going back to my shaman and evoker.

2 Likes

They’re all after me lucky axe.

4 Likes

no way would i spend 1m for each alt

They will never clarify the drop rate, because they want players to keep paying for their respective subscriptions over and over until they finally receive the item.

I did see one person with the axe yesterday, though, so it exists!

3 Likes

Pester the CC folks to bring this up, its likely the only place devs might comment on it.

It’s about 400k total. The cost isn’t even the bad part, its the 10 superblooms :smile:

1 Like

Got mine this week after 3 heroic kills

2 Likes

This game has far too much data miners and entire communities who literally work part (maybe even full time) jobs making/updating addons and everything about this game is a worked out to the nittiest and grittiest detail to be tolerable to “unknowns”…ESPECIALLY since this community, for better or worse, utterly worships and devotes themselves to the almighty spreadsheets and parses and hinges success and even your worth as a player/person on the almighty rankings and/or meters…

At the bare minimum, the numbers and BLP mechanics should be explained in detail and given actual numbers. I’ve seen it said somewhere and supposedly was an “authority” where BLP gains don’t apply until the following week and technically consuming the BLP isn’t needed and is just a visual indicator for us that “something” has happened.

But knowing how much a BLP token gives, if it applies immediately or the following week, and even how it is expected to be handled in S4 should be a communicated and fully understood and planned for thing.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like BLP is that easily mathed out though. Some players get it on a handful of only Fyrakk kills, and others have been collecting lesser/greater embers from full raid clears for weeks with nothing to show for it.

It’s like there are two rolls when Fyrakk is dropped. One is yes/no you get the axe. If yes, grats. If no, here’s a token worth X% that may or may not influence the next yes/no roll.

How can players “plan” for something like that?

1 Like

I am running this on 3 classes. No luck so far. I hate this situation. I know I will get it but I also know my friends will be done playing when I do.

2 Likes

Personally , im convinced that blizzard won’t / hasn’t addressed this issue , is because the BLP is actually fake and they rather keep that can of worms sealed instead of opening up.

And also at least make the Axe obtainable from the Vault, since it’s drop rate is equivalent if not worse then the Lich King Mount

2 Likes

What motivation would they have for lying about BLP existing? If the BLP increases your chances by 0.01% every week, that is still BLP yet nobody is going to run raid enough to notice the difference. If they aren’t planning to share the actual number, it can be insultingly small while still being true.

3 Likes

Well if it is working , then as someone who has cleared the raid every single week especially since the Axe and Embers became lootable, there is no reason why i should see brand new alts walk in and get the axe on their first run through.

I’ve gotten 2-4 lessees ever run including the one Greater at the end every week. Still no Axe. We’ve asked blizzard to show us numbers , no response . We’ve scoured the net for proof of this BLP working , to no avail. People with fresh alts are getting it faster then those with mains.

The Axe is 100% complete RNG and the BLP is 100% absolute bull…… that Blizzard put in to make us feel like we are actually doing something to get the axe .

Blizzard refuses to comment and enlighten us about the BLP, there are no official numbers on the rate they increase etc just speculation by players .

This is the absolute worse design for legendaries ever. If your gunna make it so RNG based , at least extend it to the great vault so we have a shot at it there

3 Likes

I’m not suggesting you should be happy with how the legendary is acquired. All I’m saying is that I don’t understand how it benefits them to lie about the existence of BLP. By telling us there is BLP, that sets an expectation that players are more likely to see the axe, making it feel worse every time you kill Fyrakk and don’t get the axe. If there isn’t actually BLP behind the scenes, this would just create disappointment for no reason. As much as people want to give Blizzard flak for their lacking communication, I find it unlikely they would intentionally build this disappointment based solely on a lie.

The way Dragonflight does legendaries is probably the worst implmentation since the first patch of Legion legendaries, bad luck protection needs clarity and after certain time we should be able to grind the legendary from other high level sources like M+ or Arenas at a reduced drop rate

3 Likes