The truth about "Orc Fatigue" "night elf fatigue" "Human Fatigue"

Hahaha, okay, then to further specify, I had a hundred reputations at Exalted that an Alliance character could complete on their own when the Esteemed was released.

None of my Horde characters have ever been Exalted with Tranquillien.

Well Amadis, what are you waiting for? You have literally revealed that you’ve done far worse grinds.

1 Like

Think Tranquillien would be easy to hit at least hit revered with. Especially considering how long Quel’thalas leveling is if you do the entire thing

Oh, it is. I know I had a character who got there already, but I have no clue which one it was, so I can’t confirm how far past Revered I got before I stopped.

1 Like

I’ve read you can hit Exalted with Tranquillien before even hitting level 20, but all my Horde characters are well passed that.

1 Like

There is a much better example in Legion. If a Horde players goes to see how Alleria, a NPC you are helping. reacts to Sylvanas, you get to hear her diatribe against the Horde. And, of course, she takes powers you helped her get and uses them side with the Alliance to oppose the Horde.

1 Like

Doing all quests in Ghostlands gets you exalted easily. The only annoying ones are the ones where you need to get the 10 hearts and the 10 ichor, cause they have a lower drop rate than most mounts.

2 Likes

With the bonus (at least if you’re referring to the Alleria and Veressa dialogue on the Vindicaar that that sounds like) that it was bugged for at least a few weeks so that that ran every single time you went back there

3 Likes

If you wait for timewalking TBC you can get exalted with only the main quest leading do dar’khan drathir and death holme , no need to do any sides like the amani ones or get those hearts.
The only good sides would be killing the abominations.

I know this cuz i got exalted with my alt while leveling there under a tinewalking tbc.

You forgot the part where the Alliance consistently get their butts handed to them, and are made to look incompetent, weak, and cowardly. Portrayed as not being able to overcome their enemies unless saved by deus ex machina or the Horde turning in on itself. The Alliance player is made to feel weak, powerless, humiliated, in the promise that at some nebulous point in the future they’ll have their vengeance, but it never comes because the conclusion is botched in some way.

I think you are vastly overstating the “Alliance go here to kill Horde NPCs that the Horde aren’t aware of” because in my experience playing both sides this doesn’t happen all that often, but does happen often in the reverse. I mean, there’s an outpost of Sentinels in Ashenvale that you wipe out literally because some Orc guy and his two friends are bored as a prime example.

I’m not saying that Horde don’t also get a bad deal in the faction war. But a key factor in what makes Alliance players dissatisfied with faction war is what I’ve said above. Alliance players used to constantly call out for vengeance because the game never felt like it gave any proper resolution. It took 5 IRL years to get the NE hobos out of Stormwind, and 13 to get the Worgen’s home back.

3 Likes

Before Cata the Alliance was basically the designated villain faction, often being the aggressor.

Horde “victories” in being asked to do really disgusting things because you’re an idiot and the questgiver was actually evil. In Ashenvale it’s actually a demon the whole time, in Stonetalon it’s a narcissistic sociopath. All the while there’s obvious simple things both factions could work toward but the only message is “the Alliance won’t negotiate, it’s them or us.”

The conclusion you reach is that your faction is full of incompetent and detestable people. At one point Garrosh is frustrated with a guy for being such a narcissistic bloodthirsty moron, but that was apparently an accident between different teams at Blizzard, and to counter the impression we got an entire expansion of him going to newly discovered lands and pillaging it repeatedly.

I don’t need to mention the things the Horde does that are evil, because both factions usually see it. The finale usually involves invading your own AFK capital. The Alliance does scummy things but never enough that they’re raising pitchforks in Stormwind.

Goblins still don’t have their home back, and presumably lost their home to be “fair” with the worgen storyline happening in the same period. Even their hobo district of Orgrimmar was almost entirely deleted to make room for an allied race HQ.

But they’re supposed to have an underground city capital, and the next expansion is underground, so here’s hoping?

Wait, so does the Wintersaber Trainers count as their own thing? Should I farm it on an Alliance Toon?

Do the “Best Friend” status counts towards the 100 max reputation achievement actually?

I found this thread that had put in work to try to verify that, yeah: 100 Exalted Reputations - Continuing Issues

Unfortunately they do not.

Cureall, correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the original point was about how blame was allocated in FFXIV versus WoW. Who was portrayed as right or wrong, not who was powerful or powerless.

One flaw in Cureall’s comparison is neither Ishgard or the Dravanian Dragons are playable. They’re factions the player interacts with, but aren’t part of. It’s an entirely different writing premise than making players be the victims or perpetrators of another playable faction.

1 Like

It’s not a flaw if the point is that FFXIV handles this sort of storyline in a more nuanced and more enjoyable fashion, on the whole. Keeping the “perpetration and victimization” in non-playable factions is then one reason why FFXIV’s approach is superior.

(Disclaimer: I don’t actually play FFXIV, so I’m going by Cureall’s summary of its storyline.)

2 Likes

The Old Republic MMO does it pretty well too. Sure, it has your traditional Good Guy vs Bad Guy faction thing going on, but the PLAYERS themselves, regardless if they play Republic or Sith Empire, can be as good or as evil as they want to be with the choices the game gives them

6 Likes

I agree with this.

1 Like

Isn’t there a thread up rn of people making jokes about burning Bel’Ameth if it doesn’t stay neutral lol.

3 Likes

A few of us were kidding around about putting a plaque of Sylvanas burning the tree in Bel’Ameth. It wasn’t meant to be taken seriously