The truth about "Orc Fatigue" "night elf fatigue" "Human Fatigue"

I just think it’s really ironic to be like “lol calm down bro it’s just a game” when people get upset about Bel’Ameth being neutral meanwhile back in BFA, and even afterwards most Horde players are still pissing blood about their portrayal. Why don’t they just calm down and realize it’s just a game?

1 Like

Perhaps because Bel’Ameth being neutral is different than forcing horde players to commit something as heinous as a genocide on another playable race. Understandable to be mad at that and how terribly blizzard handled it on BOTH sides.

People can be mad at Bel’Ameth being neutral, nothing wrong with that. It’s just not on the same scale really.

4 Likes

I don’t think the scale really matters it’s just the arguments being stupid inherently hypocritical and biased.

If I’m a blizzard dev and I read that thread I’m going to think that most Horde players enjoy their story leaning into the villainous aspects and being a edgier.

That’s so true, then you can understand why players don’t want their faction to continously look impotent and self destructively forgiving. Especially with something as simple as “hey we’re not at war or anything just don’t come into our city since you destroyed the last one, you know like, the same policy we have for every other city in the world?”

IK you didn’t post this but you responded so I assume you agree with Aussielight on some level. Considering that Sylvanas’ super special power up did nothing, and now the Horde are allowed into Bel’Ameth, what finger wagging has actually occurred? I don’t see how the Alliance in universe could be any more forgiving?

As a worgen main and super fan, trust me. I get the complaints and I understand them. I hate the alliance being stupid good and being unbearably forgiving towards the horde. It’s gotten to the point of it being unbelievable.

Sometimes you have to poke fun at yourselves though and relax. I could go on for hours about how team blue and the kaldore/worgen specifically often get the short end of the stick when it comes to the narrative, but I also like to blow off steam and just joke around too.

It’s okay to sit back and not take everything so seriously all the time is all and make fun of the game and the stupidity

3 Likes

While Isghard’s population is playable races the game let’s people headcanon their character a lot more freely in regards to their place within the contemporary world. (The historical world, ehh…)

My point is that XIV made reconciliation a big deal, and it wasn’t something that was easy and it isn’t something where people yell about what is “owed”. Peace requires not just finding out that the facts aren’t always on your side, but being willing to cooperate and sometimes dramatic reform. Ishgard has generations of pope-like figures telling everyone to blame dragons because it’s easier to keep fighting the old battle than tell everyone that the war was always a mistake. When Aymeric learns that their ancestors fired the first shot, he doesn’t quibble about who did what, he just determines to stop fighting, explain, and hope the dragons show mercy. And the dragons tell him that this isn’t something that is going to be done in just one generation, that they’ll have to actually make this a multi-generational thing and teach their children not to learn the lesson.

And it still takes work. The knight taking over Ishgard is attacked by a stranger on the street, a minor character war widow actually attempts to poison the player because you’re a famous hero helping broker a ceasefire. People hang onto their old grudges and will have to swallow them.

I don’t want to go too heavy on spoilers for another game here, but obviously it helps that Nidhogg had a Legion-like role in the story where, yes, he’s a dragon but he has his own agenda and endgame that spells doom for Ishgard but also has a cost on the other dragons. This isn’t readily apparent right away but later expansions have occasionally shown us the lengths dragons would go to avoid having to fight.

And all that was, what, four expansions ago? In current FF content Ishgard’s former top dragon killer rides dragons like mounts and has sometimes played therapist for them. Newer zones that unlock after the story is finished show dragons being allowed into town and helping rebuild. One crafter quest is about a teenager-ish dragon who is curious how humanoids create things.

That the payoff didn’t happen right away, and the story acknowledged that people have their misfortunes but will have to suffer them for a brighter tomorrow, and the situation improved in side content during future expansions instead of happening all in one. This is like something WoW hasn’t quite been able to do until recently. Blizzard in the past chose to have Sylvanas raise a bunch of non-Lordaeron Forsaken because people pointed out that at some point people would leave Sylvanas and that Stormwind would show some sympathy to Undead Lordaeron.

There’s people mad today because Blizzard is doing things like letting the Horde have some sort of role in the Gilneas Reclamation thing. Putting aside the dev need that any substantial content investment should be played by as many players as possible, I’m willing to give WoW writers a chance. In the future, it would be nice if we didn’t have to wait 12-20 years to see things like Sabellian return with his flight, or the Gilneans getting their city back. It’s like this because 00s-10s Blizzard piled conflict atop of conflict and rarely ever left time for aftermath or soul seraching when it was done.

This is exactly how I feel about the Hordes portrayal in BFA, it’s just a game idk why people would get so worked up about it.

That’s fine man. Whatever helps. I don’t want people blowing blood vessels or having a stroke over a video game after all. Because at the end of the day, we all got more important things to worry about.

1 Like

Squeaky wheel gets the grease though, I have to remind you of the light worshipping orc priests that got changed (even though they actually kind of worked better prior tbh)

That’s completely different than spazzing out and letting WoW consume every aspect of your life

1 Like

Gnomes and Goblins should be next in getting Gnomeregan and Kezan back respectively.

1 Like

Idk man I’ve yet to see any credible evidence anyone on the forums is doing that outside of posting in a way that makes it unquestionable they’re unhappy with the state of the games story and lore.

The Horde who are on the delivering end of the genocide feel it’s worthy of an emotional response and the Alliance (mostly nelves) who are on the recieving end of the genocide feel it’s worthy of an emotional response.

The difference is I’ve never seen any Alliance telling Horde they shouldn’t care about their portrayal in BFA.

Kezan is technically “back” in that only Bilgewater Harbor if anything seems to have been ruined, and Crapopolis (the town from The MOTHERLODE dungeon) and anything else seems to be same as usual. Goblins can even visit it as a non-dungeon by doing their Heritage Armor quests, the gyrocopter at Hardwrench Hideaway takes you to a version of it where everything isn’t trying to kill you and you can party on the dance floor to your heart’s content.

I would still like to see Undermine in TWW, perhaps in patches, but who knows.

Gnomes got a whole zone about themselves in Mechagon, which I think the writers felt was more interesting than Gnomer and allows them to still use leper gnomes in the story if they want to.

1 Like

You do see why these two are not the same, right?

Oooohhh, this explains it. You are very new here!! Next time, just lead with that.

I recall just a year ago being told that I should be happy with how the Horde was portrayed, because at least we won.

What we won, nobody knows, but yeah.

6 Likes

Goblins got an entire zone to themselves, and have a city in Bilgewater Harbor. Which is more than the Worgen got. They blasted Azshara into the shape of the Horde emblem permanently so everyone knows who owns it. They didn’t need to get their home back because they got a new one in Cataclysm immediately after the intro quests.

2 Likes

Bilgewater Harbor is not a city, not in the least. No bank, no AH, barely any vendors…

It’s as much of a city as Menethil Harbor is.

2 Likes

Gunna date myself and mention that, in the days of yore, it was one of the RP hotspots of Wyrmrest Accord just because it’s such a neat location that looks so cool.

In the days of Club Trix, when we were all so young…

1 Like

Oh, I very much get that. I only ever date myself, because I’m the only person I know who can keep up with me!!

:smiley:

I remember this!! Trolly Troll pre-Alynsa would split my time stalking there and Silvermoon City on weekends.

I don’t even know where people go for RP outside of Org anymore. I do not know where to take my stalker ways…

:frowning_face:

3 Likes

It used to be Duskwood, but I don’t know if that’s the case anymore. Or if we just have one very persistent ghost.

Bilgewater was set up as a Capital Lite, but it absolutely lacks amenities. Or details. Beyond the Samophlange guy.

5 Likes

Bilgewater always made me think of Alliance places like Menethil Harbor or Theramore. Not cities, but large towns. Places that’re important-ish to go to, but not Big Important. Smaller than a Booty Bay, but a little bigger than a Gadgetzan.

But calling it a city just never sounds right. A city has a reason why you might visit beyond a zone-specific quest. Bilgewater doesn’t have that.

3 Likes

I think there’s a difference between the player utility of a place and it’s importance in the story. Do I make Azshara town my hearth? No, because no auctionhouse. I used to make Goblin Slums in Org my hearth, though we’ve since lost our mailbox, bank, some profession trainers such as the Porkpatty couple who taught cooking and the First Aid guy. Even at it’s peak it still never felt like anything more than an outpost, but it kind of worked because goblins have felt very nomadic from the beginning of the game and the Steamwheedle towns all look like outposts with the exception of Booty Bay. Any place is a good place to hastily put up a building that was built ramshackle because it will probably explode.

This kind of runs parallel to the Amirdrassil discussion in recent months, because I think NE will get a replacement city that will feature strongly in Midnight, but I don’t think it will have all the functions of Darnassus, and that’s okay because the actual in-game zone is still there. If everyone were locked of ever going back there past the new NE player experience, then We’d Have Problems.

1 Like