The Toxic Parse Culture is Ruining WOTLK

Anyone who complains about parsing is generally mad they can’t get inv to groups or get kicked from groups more often than not because they aren’t as good of a player. There was always a metric for skill in wow, logs have been around for a long time and before that years ago was gearscore, but gear is not an indication of skill at all. We all know that guy that’s full bis and getting out dps by that full heroic geared guy. Thats why logs make sense because gear isnt everything. Why would I bring a blue parser in full bis gear to my raid when I can bring a 99 parser to my run in the exact same gear. Here’s why, I value my time and everyone in my raids time and if I stack a raid of people that play their class at an avg or below avg level then more than likely the raid isn’t gonna go as smooth as it can and will be cleared much slower than it could have. So i’d much rather fill my raid with competent players that play above avg to make everything smooth for all people included. Not to say hick ups don’t happen in runs like this also because they do, however the likeliness is just much lower. On the other hand parsing is a way to test yourself, to improve week to week, which if you’re playing any multiplayer game should be the end goal for anyone is to be the best you can at it. otherwise I don’t see the point in investing time into and yes you can be a competitive player and still have fun. Improving and becoming a better player week to week should be the goal for everyone that raids imo but parsing will never go anywhere they could re release any of the wow expansions at this point and you will have logs and parses on every single one of them 100% so if you don’t like it, wow is probably no longer than game for you lol.

?

Parsing in that game requires 10x more personal skill expression than wow classic lmfao

Wow staysafe made a video about this post, gross

2 Likes

I don’t know I feel like if you can’t at LEAST blue parse in classic wrath, you probably have never had a single conscious thought in your brain.

Asmon has also reacted to the video as well.

LOL . Our very own Frosstfire made it, wow youtuber made a video about his work. Can’t say I’m proud but I’m impressed.

3 Likes

Dear god its like clockwork. Anytime someone is taking the moral highground literally just do some basic digging on them and you will find a graveyard of skeletons.

No, Frosttfire is fine, but you are the actual problem.

1 Like

Frost is the moral floor. And thats being polite

In Frost we trust.

2 Likes

Link to it?

Nvm I looked it up.

1 Like

Frostfire is both those memes depending which persona he is using that day

2 Likes

I wonder if he wishes he hadn’t given it was found that the OP is a verified parser and parse shamer.

Yeah I mean he basically countered everything he said.

Now I got to just find the asmon reaction video

I’ll be honest. It surprises every time I find out that someone actually takes this board seriously. I just thought it was a place for Trolly memes. Who knew.

Imagine being so terrible that staysafe counters literally everything you say. LOL

1 Like

Following up to my comment here, I swapped to my actual toon because it’s relevant to the OP. I never bother posting on main because my arguments and comments should stand without needing a main to back me, but in this case it matters.

I love competing against myself. I love competing against others. Seeking improvement week to week is what I define as fun. Just because you don’t like being competitive does not mean everyone else does not like being competitive. No one says “LOL running wasn’t meant to be competitive, it’s cringe to compete in races”. Anything can be competitive.

If there is a score there is competition.

Exactly lmfao.

He literally countered everything Frosstfire said as expected.

Curious what asmon said I hear he reacted to it also, can’t find it on my phone tho

1 Like

Asmon react vid will be great kek

1 Like