The Toxic Parse Culture is Ruining WOTLK

I have a druid main friend, literally leveling his 4th druid rn, and he was telling me about cat rotation’s 17 steps and uses bear weaving and flower weaving and in other situations wrath weaving like bruh.

Cat mains are actually built different.

They do all that to mimic the middle of the meters. Actual mad lads.

yep and no name calling=ban

Healing parses are scuffed.

The better the raid does the lower the healers parse, and while dps work together to get faster kill times which helps the dps parse better, its less damage going out as well which lowers healers parses, and then healers may try to snipe heals and force others to overheal, which will just grief the raid and lower healers parses more.

So, tldr, healer parses dont matter. The logs for healers are only good to see if theyre doing their job correctly via casts, avoiding overhealing, etc. The parse itself is worthless for healers.

Just do whatever is fun to you. This is entertainment.

You can join a speed run guild.
You can join a boss kill speed guild.
You can join a parse guild.
You can join a GDKP guild.
You can join a pvp guild.
You don’t have to join a guild and you can still do everything.

Find people who are likeminded and like doing what you do.
Don’t be a garbage human being.

2 Likes

Healing parses also reward blowing all of your mana in favor of output. Healers should be trying their best to be efficient and smart with their heals…healing parses discourage this. And they also discourage dispelling/decursing/etc. because those things don’t count toward your parse.

2 Likes

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/sulfuras/xzzy

3 Likes

I said it once before, I will say it again…

Parsing: “It is the new measuring stick 60% of players who THINK they are the top 1% of players use to see who is better.”

Parsing was setup to help the top 1-5% of guilds refine their teams and strats as they were competing for the top spots and World Firsts. But the masses heard about it and wanted to be cool and pretend they were top players, so they starting tracking their parses.

But the reality is, parsing has no real purpose for the majority of players and guilds. They will never be at the level of a top 1-5% guild. It is just a bragging stick at this point.

He’s a pure buyer for sure.

Dang he’s up to a 21.5 average now, he’s a pumper.

Judging by those logs… what a waste of gold

1 Like

There’s no real reason to care about parsing in a casual game, zero. That’s like saying Michael Jordan doesn’t matter when he’s been to more finals compared to others. It’s DUMB.

Again, it’s a problem. That smaller number isn’t even that drastic. That’s the problem. oh noes they aren’t playing this spec for the 1%-3% damage! GOD FORBID.

It’s way more than 3%

In fact blizzard has never balanced classes that close

1 Like

No it’s not, that’s the sad part.

Link your data.

Show me a 1-3% spread.

For assassination rogues on Patchwerk 25 at this moment, the difference between a 95th (7216.5 DPS min) percentile parse and a 99th (7582.5 DPS) percentile parse is about 5%. From 50th percentile (5612.2 DPS) the difference is 25%.

1 Like

Now do 20th a grey parse to a 90 or a 95.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/1015/

You really should not comment on things you know nothing about.

1 Like

The % approaches 100 when you start to get the zdps players involved.

1 Like

Yeah and I wasn’t even trying to do like lowest to Max I know it gets crazy.

He’s saying 3%, he’s on one

Look at all these seething, coping, parse nerds.

The amount of sad lonely clowns in this thread is amazing. You all need to get someone in your life you can care about so you give up this degenerate parse chasing in a casual video game.

I almost feel pity for you all. Nah I just think you are all lonely nerds and it’s amusing to watch you try and get an irrelevant number higher than other people in a casual video game.

Gigasoy parsers LUL.