The tank shortage is getting out of hand

I’mma keep saying it, tanks are just boring.

DPS have a million more buttons to push.
Healers have healthbars to monitor and cooldowns to work around.

Tanks are pretty much on-cooldown machines for the most part. Druid and Warrior are similar with the addition of spammy-push-button-when-glowing outside of their long-winded CD’s.

Then factor in Druid, probably the one decent-ish tank, constantly having horrendous balance. Also factor in the fact you’re a bear/were-bear/whatever. How many people genuinely want to not be their “character” character when playing the game?

No idea about VDH. You’ll catch me dead before I play an Elf.

Not going to disagree that they are over tuned, there is some trash on a tyrannical week hitting harder than bosses. But this still isn’t anywhere near SL S1 bad when it comes to tanking. The affix is easier and its not a kiting environment at least not at a +5 yet.

i dont blame you.
i have never had a good group with someone from that server

Gotta love the trolls who dig through other people’s profile while hiding on an alt.

1 Like

Tanked from Vanilla until end of Legion.

I put my time in. lol

Joking aside none of the hero talents on tanks even slightly appealed to me outside of Mountain Thane on Warrior.

If they add Shaman or Warlock Tanks in live and not just SoD I may start tanking again.

I only tank for Brann or my wife.

Sorry PUGs.

1 Like

I dont know , last expan Brewmaster monks had millions of buttons to push for tanking , you know what players did ? They played prot pally and guardian druid instead . :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It’s more so now tanks only want to go with friends and guildies.

The good tanks don’t want to pug

I think saw two maybe three Brewmasters in my entire time healing S3/S4 (Both up to KSH). They were amazing players.

Not the point. Brewmaster is/was trash so there’s that. Same with Prot Warrior. Tack on how boring they are and you probably have folks bowing away out of that principle alone.

As to why Pally and Druid? Both are fairly easy. Then again, Pally wasn’t that great in S4 and there was a decline for sure. More VDH’s, DK’s, and even Prot Warriors.

Folks will definitely pick the top tier. Beyond that, they probably just don’t care to play a boring spec. DPS is big numbers for sure, but tank isn’t even engaging enough to make their “lack-of” interesting.

You know, come to think of it. I only see one tank each run I’m in.

3 Likes

Ah yes, a shield (that a healer may also need) and trinkets that are usually trash. DPS must really hate missing out on that.

Windwalker was/is the more fun spec of the 3 . Brewmaster isnt bad now , when played correctly you can survive forever , but thay requires a lot of movement and playing keep away which isnt fun sometimes.

Dear OP,

Tanks aren’t obligated to play at your convenience, nor are they required to select the content you want to play.

Sincerely,
Tanks

1 Like

Tanking???.. FOR PUGS ?? BWAHAHAHAH :rofl:

3 Likes

Why are you punishing your healer by standing there watching a bad dps die? Healer didn’t do anything.

People are also very liberal with their use of the ping system. Yes, i know, we need to kill the mob you just marked, but i also gotta tank the mobs the caster accidentally butt pulled.

Oooo well, such is pug life. If only friends and guildies could just be online whenever i am :slight_smile:

There’s always a tank shortage.

Well it’s back and forth between tank/healer depending on seasonal/expac balances.

Clearly the majority wants to play the number role and substantially less people want to play the roles of support.

Realistically though, it wasn’t the changes to tanks lol. It’s just if you’re a good tank you’ve already got groups for life. Pug’ing with randoms in anything above Heroic just isn’t worth it. (Thus why I stopped raiding back at the end on MoP and really only dabble in M+ from time to time. Usually just if my guild needs me)

Not always if you are raiding for mythic you don’t gear up your tanks first as long as they can surive tank busters with their current gear; unless a tanking piece of equip drops. Simply becasue you want dps to get gear so they can meet enrage timer, and down bosses faster. That’s the same for healers if they can keep everyone up you don’t pass them gear unless is healer specific gear.

1 Like

Why go spend all my freetime learning skips/routes etc. for the benefit of toxic a-hole incels, when I can just solo delves.

Mythic + is a dead game.

1 Like

I was going to tank on my pally but they got nerf into F tier and never really cover from it(maybe the new changes this week helpd?). I been very busy and haven’t even step foot into a m+ yet. Also I hate some of the dungeons in S1 already (Dawnbreaker, Grim Batol, Siege of Boralus mix in with a lot of OK dungeons like City of Threads, The Stonevault, The Necrotic Wake,Mists of Tirna Scithe. So a lot of dungeons I hate mix in a lot of ok dungeons I just don’t feel like playing this season. Then this season there is a lot of mobs you have to interrupt and if you use other CC like stuns, knockback etc the mob will just keep on casting the spell which makes pugging a lot harder. Just doing M0 no one really CC at all expect me and maybe the tanks so cast was going off everywhere and casue wipes several times.