The tank shortage is getting out of hand

FIRST DAY OF M+ and my groups are literally waiting 20+ minutes for tanks to queue up.

I was actually in favor of the tank changes when they were initially made but I realize my stance was wrong. Tanks really don’t do anything in the open world/other content, they NEED to have their place in 5 man content. Raids have no demand for tanks either, pretty well every guild always has their tanks lined up.

32 Likes

The tank changes probably had little to do with it. I imagine most dedicated tanks are not pugging because people don’t know how to treat others online. That’s just a general statement and doesn’t pertain to tanks only.

175 Likes

Tanks are usually the first to gear up and therefore won’t be queuing for things often if it doesn’t serve them. Add on to that that as you said, they are really only for group content plus the fact that they aren’t as played or available to play as DPS and you will notice that it’s been like this for every phase since vanilla.

6 Likes

i only ask for invite into groups with tanks. it keeps the queue time down.

8 Likes

Playing a tank now feels like playing my Aug back in DF, instant invites wherever I go.

3 Likes

If they made ranged tanks, I’d play one.

8 Likes

You ever tank before, and deal with these people? Heh. No thanks, not again.

60 Likes

Yeah. They’re have been at least 37K keys run so far today (raider.io)…so keys are definitely getting done.

Definitely a pug problem

5 Likes

Tanking blows.

For one it is boring design and feels slow pace.

Second tanking for this community would be a nightmare as toxic as it is.

Like, it takes a certain mindset to tank and most people just don’t have it.

23 Likes

Tanks worth their weight don’t need to play with pugs, they make friends easily.

17 Likes

Why be a tank for PuG content, where if I make the smallest mistake, I have 4 people insulting me?

50 Likes

I have a Guardian druid and a warrior I can run as Protection.

Tanking for pugs is an absolute nightmare. Either you get grouped with a bunch of absolute morons, or you get a dps in the group who thinks they can run way ahead of everyone else and pull too much.

If I had to guess, I’d say any halfway decent tank already has groups set up to run forever without needing to pug.

11 Likes

DPS or healers pulling is the most annoying trait. They obviously have no idea what is going on since their actions typically interrupt the tanks flow. Personally, I get satisfaction standing there as they die and then grabbing everything up.

6 Likes

If dps and healers are having to pull for you then you’re not doing your job as a tank. You should be pulling enough to keep everyone busy but not more than you can keep aggro on and stay alive.

3 Likes

Don’t be back-seat-driver for tanks in M+.

“Why didn’t you go this way?”
“You should have pulled that first.”
“Pull more.”
“Pull less.”
“Pull sideways.”
“Do what I want you to, even without me telling you.”

Tanking pugs in M+ is the worst. That’s why people stick to their friends.

34 Likes

That’s one of the most insane responses. You main a hunter don’t you

9 Likes

Then play a tank

12 Likes

Week one of Mythic Keystone dungeons and yes, many tanks that will be doing this content will be doing so with group members they know (friends and/or guild members) instead of random people especially when no one has a rating for the content yet.

2 Likes

No but I bet you don’t do content higher than LFR and maybe +2’s.

1 Like

Here is a hint, i dont join groups.

I make my own groups.

Gd Luck !

1 Like