The tank shortage is getting out of hand

Evil is right in some sense honestly there are some tanks who watch few videos they think they been tanking for 100 years and know the dungeon inside out…

My problem as tank is I pull a lot and I die last one its just dumb because healer cant keep up healing the dps, and I even have a copy past " DONT HEAL ME FOCUS DPS" and healer keeps healing me… LOL even in M+ dungeons I say it…because I always and Always die last one

just for the record I play DK and Druid tank… sometimes paladin

1 Like

This has happened in many expansions, not just this one. It’s not new.

As I said, those that think that way can enjoy the rest that long queue times provide.

2 Likes

What make you think you can tell the tank how to tank when hes not telling how to dps?

7 Likes

BlizZard nukes M+ form orbit and tanks in late beta.

This is the BlizZard rug pull in action.

They had an easy W to start the expansion but they are determined to fumble before reaching the endzone.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

It’s a fact, not an attitude. And I don’t have a tank shortage issue.

If that’s what you wanna believe, then go right ahead.

7 Likes

All tanks are not equal. Some tanks can tank and others think they can tank.

I hate to say it Xiuying, but Evilira is right… some tank are just not tanks

1 Like

I’ve leveled and geared 3 Tanks to 600+ so far this expansion, I’ve loved the changes.

I would never solo-queue for a Pug. Absolutely not.

6 Likes

This is what happens when people spend a decade treating tanks like garbage and respond to every tank who comes to the forums with that frustration by telling them to “get good” and just pull faster.

There are plenty of tanks. They are in guilds where they play with their established groups and save themselves the annoyance and abuse of dealing with pugs. You likely queue up with these tanks on a regular basis on their DPS alts. They’re the ones who vote no when you try to kick whatever poor sod you’ve managed to get tanking through the queue.

This is what happens when the community refuses to listen. You end up with a large chunk of the player base refusing to learn the tank role, even if they otherwise would have liked to try it out. You end up with a large chunk of the tank base cloistered away in guild groups, refusing to deal with the jerks in queues.

And you end up with half-hour queue times waiting for one of the remaining tanks still willing to play with randoms.

This is not a class problem or a balance problem or a tank changes problem. This is a community culture problem, full stop.

10 Likes

You left out and you wait for some tanks that will join but want to get the leader position so if you give them crap they will kick or vote kick you.

That is me 100% and there is a few of other tanks who do pugs do the same.

Because I am a tank and I tell dps how to dps if they clearly don’t know what to do. Again, two way street.

A lot to do with it. Tanks need that extra comfy zone for pugs.

1 Like

you are not very smart if you think you have any right to tell other player what to do, if you dont like what hes doing you have 2 options, leave or keep going. on the internet everyone is a nobody

5 Likes

Maybe Sos means correcting the dps on who to focus on mobs or whatever they fighting

I do that to dps aswell as tank

this story is as old as wow itself . solution? you becoming one . either way just got my key so tomorrow we can run some

LOL. It’s group content. If someone is hindering the group or constantly making errors then I will call them out on it. One person ruining the experience for 4 other people because they didn’t come prepared. If they keep dying to the same trash mechanic 5 times in a row, then yeah they deserve to get corrected because they clearly are not learning it on their own.

It’s also hilarious how you go straight to ad homs saying I must not be smart. How about you stick to the topic?

1 Like

corrected by who? you? GHAHAHA again, a nobody

1 Like

Yes, corrected by someone who knows the dungeon and the mechanics. Obviously.

I don’t know why you keep going back to this as if it means something because I never said I anyone of importance. However, I can guarantee that I have way more experience pugging and tanking M+ than you.