The tank shortage is getting out of hand

Ya, I don’t know much about tanking besides what my husband tells me.

To be a good tank, you must control the pace of the group, understand the fights, and feel the flow as in, understanding what the healer can handle, what you can handle and how stupid your dps are.

It just sounds like a ton of work for very little reward.

3 Likes

Because not everyone is part of a guild or has friends to play with

1 Like

been a tank since vinallia i dont tank for anyone but friends and guild the toxicity is relentless at times and imo open world my tank smokes what ever he comes across the survivability is still there just take longer to kill stuff than last xpac

2 Likes

Sure, but I would just play a dps at the point. Much easier job. lol

If someone calls me Garbage lol they will be kicked and i did it before and will always do it…

the problem is i tried all dps classes did not like any but rogue and am just not feeling it to learn rogue class.

EDIT:

Also when I go in as dps and someone else tanks they are just so bad at pulling feels like they dont know what they are doing man… so am sticking to tanking forever

3 Likes

i mean if you wanna wait 20+ mins as the OP said. be my guest.

You’re a talking dragon. I’m a talking cow

2 Likes

rogue isn’t bad just alot depends on stealth and cool downs takes a min to set up correctly imo survival hunter been easy mode lately tho

1 Like

Sounds like a better deal 20 mins vs all that? lol. Maybe I just not seeing it.

well, am thinking to do on the side either hunter, rogue or monk really…

Rogue seems the one I liked most, hunter is nice i actually played it as dps with my guild during legion and it was so much fun after they changed the spells etc they killed it for me.

Monk looks cool honestly got a lot of spells

This is what I said though?

Before M+ i had once tanked a stonevault 0 and a hunter from ragnaros kept telling everyone a lame strat for the 3rd boss that kept getting everyone killed. after the 3rd wipe i left irritated and before i left i said “Never listen to someone from Raganros”

From now on when i tank a M+ if i see anyone from the Ragnaros server i will immediately leave the group. I refuse to play with anyone from that server and no one will change my mind on that.

2 Likes

You keep disrespecting and treating your tanks like slaves, and this is the result: no one wants to tank for you in random groups anymore. You insult us, blame us for everything—even when you’re the ones making the mistakes. We have to run around cleaning up after what you pull with your reckless behavior, and then you turn around and say, ‘Oh, the tank pulled that,’ when it wasn’t even our fault. Show a little more respect, and maybe—just maybe—you’ll have more tanks. That’s why no one wants this role; it’s like running a daycare for adult children.

9 Likes

oh lol, my guild had a rule, never invite Raganros server players ever.

they always leave your group no matter what so they are avoided 100%…

and this is cross EU and US… Honestly if am not mixing the 2 I played on both for long time so

EDIT:

Even in pugs we dont invite them and if i do by mistake the other 3 players tells me kick rag player and I was going too anyway lol

2 Likes

Yeah.

in cata last night we had a new new tank. even told us. Cool…most others encouraging and guiding. 1 dude has to be the massive male organ though.

Stressing out even normal leveling dungeon tanks doesn’t have me wonder why more don’t do this.

Its why I don’t to it. If I get riled enough…i’d not even fight the silence/ban to come. I’d break social contract in grand ways lol. I’d take the hit since I would earn it lol.

There is no reality where you will find me tanking or healing PUG anything. Not this community. I gave it go and not a chance. Will pull what I like and go as fast as I want to with my friends because they actually have respect for people, something the PUG community severely lacks.

2 Likes

People are going to blame you anyway. It’s never them.

See?

Enjoy the queues.

8 Likes

Tanks and healers need a DPS stance that enables in non-group content. Part of the fun of gearing a spec is being able to take those upgrades and use them to more easily clear solo things even if it’s not necessary.

If you get a shiny tank/healer weapon, you can’t turn that into feeling powerful vs open world enemies because you’re still better off just switching to your DPS spec, and develop an attachment to that instead because you’re playing it most of the time.

It wouldn’t fix everything, but already feeling comfortable on a tank spec before starting group content would probably encourage trying.

2 Likes

See that attitude right there is why you get less tanks

12 Likes

It’s a two way street. The tank doesn’t get to become the dictator. If the group wants to go faster and the tank isn’t dying every pull then they are holding 4 other people back. The tank should know the basics of the dungeon especially getting into Mythic and M+. If not, then they should run it a few times as a dps or read up on it.