The tank shortage is getting out of hand

There is a lot of wait time but at least the evil tanks are not ‘broken’ anymore

1 Like

i tank. i have been doing a lot of different things in the game. i have not yet done all the m0 dungeons yet. i havent really had time to learn the dungeon routes and mob counts yet.

i partly like the responsibility to know the content, but I also played a lot of m+ in DF. i got used to knowing all the dungeons, routes, important kicks, etc.

I am finding the idea of having to do that all over again with 8 dungeons a bit much right now.

guardian itself feels fine. at 600 ilevel and 2 piece tier set, I feel very strong in content. again, I just haven’t had the time to digest the routes, etc.

unfortunately for me, this is the week to get out there and make mistakes. we all know that next week or the week after that, everyone is expected to be an expert on everything and the patience of people, imasmuch as it exists in pugs, will wear thin.

I have no problem saying “still learning routes” at the beginning of the dungeon.

I love tanking on my paladin alt and used to tank M+. Never anything more than 10s though because it was an alt and I didn’t master it enough to run the harder content. After they made the M+ changes it’s so unforgiving so I don’t bother anymore.

1 Like

cause blizzard made it so people actually have to learn the role or get slammed by mobs. people dont want to learn the role, like how people dont wnat to learn how to properly heal.

this is a good thing btw. rather wait 10 mins for a good tank then 2 seconds for a tank that gets globaled by one pack of mobs

Or they made an annoying role harder by making our survivability more dependent on the very people who give us headaches and make us despise the role to begin with.

Give or take.

2 Likes

Wrong, i am tanking, i dont have time to stop and chat with aggro dps or healer. If i make an error and it causes a group problem, i own it.

that means youve had rotational issues to begin with.

you’d have to pay me to actually play a tank.

more responsibilities, less damage, cant compare with someone else in the group like dps can (details).
much less spots available for raid also.

where’s the fun?
i really dont understand why people play them at all. you gotta have the “jesus” syndrome to like it.

maybe in a group of friends if that’s all there is left to cover… just to hang out with and help the homies. that i could see.

i kinda feel the same about healers but at least they don’t have the responsibility to pick routes and count %s and set the pace. they can just go with the flow, chilling.

basically tanking is accepting a tougher job with more work and more stress for the same pay everyone else gets. in a work environment that would be abuse :wink:

You arent being ironic are you? Lmao

People will continue to make these threads until tanks are treated like humans in keys.

The people saying tanking is bad because the community.

Your bloodline is weak, theres nothing hard about tanking, if dps pulls just let them sit with the mob until they press a defensive to teach them a lesson.

I was kicked from a group for this, we did a solid mob skip then this person pulled 2 packs so i just stood there until they died.

Them kicking me meant nothing cause i got into an instant group and saw they were still lookin for someone by the time i finished my dungeon

You want a shift to decrease DPS que times?

Make tanking high M+ easier on tanks specifically.
Make being a DPS a lot more difficult.

Problem solved. DPS will either quit or become tanks. DPS que goes down. Tank que marginally goes up if it even changes.

Wow. That’s some serious generalization.

1 Like

Man this thread brought out a bunch of elitist DPS. I love when they call themselves out.

I only tank for guildies. period. If I end up in a pug they are told I am not a zoomer tank. If they pull I will straight up leave. It’s that simple.

2 Likes

Hey hey now, its a blast to the past - back in BT , my guild gave me the Bow that dropped of Illdian cause the only other hunter already had it . I used the bow to pull mobs like how I use heroic throw nowadays , I had a ammo pouch bag and every thing :rofl:

1 Like

When they stop acting like turds, then i will respect them. Until then no one from that server will get any respect from me. Period.

You don’t have time to stop and chat with aggro dps? That means something happened and you are ignoring the problem. You saying you own the problem probably means you own it if you think it’s a problem, but not when others think it’s a problem.

I used to tank. I also used to heal. The pugs that I dealt with are why I only dps now.

5 Likes

You are one of the problems in group content. i have seen your comments in other threads regarding tanking. You have little to no understanding and you play word games like you are doing now.

I’m the problem? I’m a pug tank and have been for many seasons. How am I the problem or lack understanding when I am the one who runs into nearly zero ragers?

Ironic that “I’m the problem” when you are the one having problems with pugs.

1 Like