The spit change isnt due to the lawsuit

I seen a few people that seemed to think it was. Really, its due to complaints by players who purchased the store mounts. There have been a number of articles and threads made by people that were upset they were being spit on for riding the mount.

Its simple: If they have a bad experience with their first mount purchase, they are less likely to purchase another.

This is yet another change being made in an attempt to prioritize micro-transactions.
The emote people spam will simply be changed to another.

It will be interesting to see how many emotes Blizzard are willing to change

11 Likes

Really will it?

Also the bulk of the people who are going to buy the storemount or already bought it, has already done so. There won’t be another mass purchase of that store mount. The /spit removal is too convenient in combination with the lawsuit. The boosters already paid the 25 bucks, and honestly I doubt there is anyone really out there refraining from buying a boost/mount cause players spit on em.

1 Like

One hundred percent this.

It literally makes no sense to remove /spit due to the lawsuit. The walkout organizers werent asking for the removal of any emotes or something petty like that - they want real change.

Now if we wanna talk about how they are possibly using the timing of the walkout as an attempt to subtly push this change, then I would certainly agree with that.

However, the goal of the change is to remove an avenue in which players were disincentivizing micro-transactions

5 Likes

True gotta look after the whales so they keep buying micros

3 Likes

bro they literally posted this gem after the incident.

They do not care about actually fixing the problem, they only want to do everything to appease the riled crowd. Imagine dealing with a sociopath who did smth bad. He doesn’t really feel remorse. All he/she wants is to look “good” again in front of the rest of the world.

The /spit removal is the perfect example of a gesture that only a corporation like ActivisonLizzard could come up with. Insanely superficial and utterly meaningless in the end.

8 Likes

Two scenarios:

A) They made the change for the lawsuit, which would literally accomplish nothing. Nobody wanted it changed and if they made this change with the goal of being inclusive, they would just be laughed at.

B) They made the change because they felt it would earn them more money.

Which do you think is more likely and why is it B?

3 Likes

I mean if you bought the mount, even after all of this and Classic players telling them that they aren’t helping make the game better (the boost actually made the game worse), they deserve to be dunked on in pvp.

Have you read the statement? They are saying they are going over their games and remove offensive things for the future

“While we turn to our team for guidance in our internal work to protect marginalized groups and hold accountable those who threaten them, we also want to take immediate action in Azeroth to remove references that are not appropriate for our world. This work has been underway, and you will be seeing several such changes to both Shadowlands and WoW Classic in the coming days”

That literally falls into that ballpark for someone who does not understand what they did wrong and then pretty much pick anything that could even be remotely offending to anyone and remove it.

But lets assume you are right, you really think that they remove the /spit emote cause of an addon some cavedweller wrote in a spell as if that would prevent anyone in the game to use any other /emote to make fun of the booster boys?
Meaning if they do remove the /spit emote for the mount sake, its gonna be about 1 day before some dude on the internet gonna come up with /rude or /moon or whatever when they see a booster kid on that Lizzard abomination.

They removed /spit from the game?

Good.

No, they are changing it to not be usable on players

This rings true to me.

I mean either way, wether you are right or I am… both versions are pathetic and absolutely weak

I agree. Which is why I know this change wasnt made for the lawsuit. /spit arguably isnt even the most “offensive” emote in the game. Why would they remove spit but no other emotes?

Yeah, but it’s what our culture demands these days.

Ye whatever the reason, in the end it don’t matter. Its just pathetic.

Speak for yourself please.

1 Like

Only to players.

But can someone with PTR check if /whistle got changed? Out of all the emotes, im surprised the catcall whistle emote hasnt changed to the Retail /whistle due to the current situation at Blizz.

2 Likes

what are you talking about? its not about just one store mount lol. asmon started this thing where ANY store mount being rode gets /spit on. not hard to figure this crap out. how would /spit have anything at all to do with the lawsuit. its not just wow classic that exists in game. retail wow exists as well and this change was made for both games.

Believe me…that’s spoken as coming from a disheartened outsider.