The secret forum that exists is not helping

Its true, they do exist.

We caught them in sl beta when a few if them screwed up.

I already know about that.

What I meant was actually bringing back the torghast that was previously there in testing that was better than what we got. And just removing conduit energy.

They’ve talked about the conduit energy, but it’s still there even for 9.1.

No “lols” about it there. People have talked about how restrictive it is to those of us that actually likes to play the classes how they won’t when they want without this ridiculous restriction.

The private forums and everywhere else seems to be on equal footing as well so what’s the point in saying their public forums is the worst when even their private forums have shown that they can’t even handle feedback or even simple questions from the people that knows the “ins and outs” of their classes?

Even the worst ideas I see here aren’t nearly as bad as half the things Blizzard has done since MoP.

1 Like

Not even Blizzard does that, except in their logo.

Just go to their webpage: https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/

They don’t capitalize the second z anywhere they type the name “Blizzard”

Such as:

Learn more about Careers at Blizzard

Complete lack of a capital z.

They get away with saying “we listen to the players” by using the private forums.

Nah, I trash them on Twitter too and they still don’t listen.

1 Like

The problem is way, way, WAY too many people want to “back-seat dev” Blizzard. That’s not going to happen, regardless if you’re a random pleb or on a secret dev forum.

Blizzard wants feedback, not design suggestions. They want to hear “this feels good”, “this feels bad”, “I tried doing X and it didn’t work”, etc.

Maybe if the Preachs of the world stopped trying to get Blizzard to throw out Covenants, and instead actually gave Blizzard feedback on the tuning of weaker Covenants, they might get some traction. Instead, Preach is going to waste his time and a valuable potential channel for feedback whining about Covenants as a whole.

Get mad at Preach for giving bad feedback more than anything else.

1 Like

Yep, I remember the good old days when we interacted with Ghostcrawler with nothing but politeness, maturity, and good cheer.

Wonder why the devs stopped posting?

3 Likes

As someone mentioned above if they would listen to us omg this game would die long ago

The other problem is even if they decided the covenants were a horrible mistake they can’t just get rid of them at this point. It’s like deciding you want have the kitchen on the second floor after you’re nearly done construction on your house. It’s too late at that point even if in retrospect it makes more sense to have the kitchen there.

That said…conduit energy feels really bad. Very bad.

2 Likes

nothing wrong with that if it was hard to find the cricket, in fact that might be a heck of a lot more fun than the content we do have

Yeah, I removed my comment on Conduit Energy, because honestly it is a messy subject, whereas I think “delete Covenants” is a clear-cut case of like, you can’t do that, stop &&&&ing saying delete Covenants, it isn’t going to happen because it can’t happen.

1 Like

That is a good point.

If all feedback is the same then why have the division in the first place? If the current expansion was a huge success they could say the private forum is warranted for it to exist.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Having finally made it to the PTR you know what I discovered is possible and feels pretty good? Switching your covenants on the fly! I was kind of struck that this is really the first time I’ve been able to test out all the covenant abilities on this character. And it feels really good to experiment with what the other covenants have to offer.

Really,they don’t need our opinion and ideas when they themselves already picked those they would listening to by video conference or personal messaging service.

When they post things that aren’t just those features people pick apart every word and twist them into all kinds of crazy.

I’m all for criticizing them about the way they announced 9.1 flying and then bailed among other things, but having people twist everything you post and/or be hyper aggressive is likely a large part of why they don’t post here anymore.

While that is true the flipside is that silence may mean apathy. I mean if BlizZard was silent but pumping out content and patches at a steady brisk pace it wouldn’t mean that much with their silence.

But combine silence with long droughts just for the first patch?

Big problems.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

You know what also feels good on the PTR? Being able to magically have BIS gear on all my characters and instantly unlock all of the renown upgrades to test the new affixes.

Except that it would make for a very shallow “RPG” if that were the case.

I think there are downsides to the Covenant system to be fair, but also upsides. I mean, honestly speaking, I wish Covenants were a bigger feature than they were and a more serious choice, not a smaller one. Playing as Pelagos and Kleia, or playing as Theotar, it makes me wish that my character had much more of a feel of my Covenant, rather than popping off one ability periodically and having some neat procs. But y’know, that’s a different story.

1 Like

The Interns are in charge.

1 Like