The Ret buff thread was blowing up so they locked it?

I’m glad you grasped the sarcasm.

They got an answer from Blizzard and continued crying.

Meanwhile in WoW, Warriors are still doing their best. Really goes to show we shouldn’t let Ret Paladins out of Goldshire without adult supervision.

“That poor messenger” is literally paid to communicate…

Yes. A developer came to reply a thread because people were neat picking their previous comments and using to justify that they should balance classes during wrath.

It was a pretty good explanation from their side and for one I’m thankful that they posted and interacted with the community. This community used to interact with devs in the past and actually be thankful when they appeared.

Instead of actually discussing ideas started to throw mud and move goalposts like “oh but what about DKs nerf when” or crap like that.

How is that irrelevant to the topic? Ret paladin is just one of the 3 pally specs and it is not like you CAN’T bring a ret to the raid because it is totally a meme (like it was on Vanilla), it is just that you want to be top #1 dps and that is not going to happen, sorry.

Your class is already dominating raids with at least 3 spots and even if you already have 1 prot pally, 2 holy pallies, you’re still bringing one ret to the raid. That is by default. Unless, of course, you’re stacking classes for a world first or maybe a speed run. As explained by Aggrend, they don’t and will not balance the game around those cutting-edge guilds.

As far as we are concerned, the game is balanced around the latest patch for ICC 25 and by then Ret will have its latest and best interaction at the game.

If that is not good enough for you, change specs or reroll. This is WotLK, this is not a new game. You should know by now the weakness and strengths of your class and spec, and if you knew and still chose ret, don’t blame me or the devs for your poor choice.

1 Like

The summary is that Blizzard doesn’t care.

no more criticism. no more negativity.

if you don’t like it, you can git out.

I’m surprised that Ret Pallies didn’t know how their class would perform on this 15 years old game.

Are you guys new to the World of Warcraft?
Maybe you guys should’ve watched some youtube videos from those streamers that you guys usually mock, when they told you that Ret pally dmg was low but it was still desirable

1 Like

Anything that points out Blizzard making stupid decisions usually causes the thread to get locked. It’s honestly been going on for as long as they’ve been going downhill as a company.

So, a developer came in first. After that, it was a Community Manager.

We would be incredibly “grateful” for their communication if it didn’t happen once in a blue moon AND be bad news, citing that they don’t want to buff a spec because the other two are viable as is.

We “threw mud” AFTER they failed to even acknowledge our questions.

Because Prot and Holy are not the topic of discussion?

You do know that ICC is assumed to be Phase 4, right? And we’re in Phase 1?

Rets in SHAMBLES right now.

So chill out I did not come at you.

you referenced the CoC and provided no context:

Then in response to someone saying it doesn’t you gave this:

When asked as it seems that you had a specific passage in mind you go insta defensive with:

Back a claim when you make it, when people ask why you bring up the CoC you should have evidence ready, at no point do you only “express doubt” you express nothing but post that some thread was against the CoC without backing said claim.

1 Like

Why should the community be thankful when given the answer of “Well since Holy and Prot are good, screw Ret”?

2 Likes

This is dumb what answer were you expecting?

Now that I’ve read though the thread in question, which was locked, btw not removed, it seems quite obvious why it was locked (but also not removed).

I’m curious as to whether you are trolling or being genuine and actually don’t understand. I’ll try to give the benefit of the doubt, as we all have different perspectives, education and experience levels within society.

The topic had been raised, and some points had been brought up. A blue post gave a lot of information as to the perspective on the dev side. That part was all fine, but following that, there were several posts within that thread that were in direct violation of the CoC…

Please refer to the sections on “Inappropriate Language,” “Harassing or Defamatory,” “Spamming or Trolling.”

There are several posts in that thread that required moderation. Which is made dually clear with the moderator post that states,

“Sometimes we have to close a thread to stop it from becoming a big job for our moderators.”

Also, to be clear… this threat may well be in violation of the Forum CoC as well, particularly under the sections “Creating Duplicate Threads,” “Cross Linking Threads,” or “Discussing Disciplinary Actions.”

hey look you did the thing kind of! see how easy that was?

You’re not allowed to say Blizzards reasoning for something is incredibly stupid and makes no sense. You know this. It’ll hurt their feelings.

Several, as in…? Any examples?

Well yes, which is why anyone could have done it. I was unfamiliar with the particular thread in question when I replied, yet the statement about reading the Forum CoC if you wish to know what the Forum rules are stands.

Lol?

Ret paladin performance wouldn’t be such an issue if it didn’t cause them to be gatekept out of end-game content due to rampant min-maxing guilds sweating their way through raids.

What’s the point of bringing certain classes if they’re going to be a hinderance to raid progression?

You cannot go by this lazy logic because tons of threads of LOADS of toxic people saying stuff in them…

I don’t see threads getting shut down in mass… Day before thanksgiving… Uhh yea lets just close the whole thread… durp

Thread closure should be on the original poster.

UNLESS… They’re going to allow us to remove toxic responses from our own threads.

1 Like