The reclaiming Gilneas questline was great!

May have to make a terror wolf with no tail to see this coalition.

wiggles toes

1 Like

Two or three, actually. The one in the city proper, the one in Stormglen, and I feel like there’s a third one I’m forgetting.

It was… fine. I wanted something more like the attack on the Undercity scenario, and got something smaller in scale. The story fits, the city had a few Scarlet Crusaders inhabiting it after the Forsaken abandoned the area, we cleared them out, the city was largely just empty.

Make sense, but it was a little underwhelming.

1 Like

Oh. Welp, time to take my doggo out there.

I enjoyed it but it felt small. I would have liked it more if there were a short clip of armies clashing, maybe have the sound of grim fighting in the distance, the shouts and clashes of metal. I’d like to have fought it as a Scenario, where they could have dozens of weaker enemies falling before us (power fantasy), to highlight how vast the power differential has become between the Champions and everyday foot soldiers.

2 Likes

Blizz cant win. If they make it short everyone is on the forums complaining about how short it is. If they make it long and epic everyone complains that it was confusing and overwhelming. They also complain about doing it on alts and say its too long.

Its like an trying to avoid an argument with the wife. You pick the answer the will have the least amount of pushback. While knowing you will get some form of pushback no matter what choice you make. In blizz case "keep it short and simple was the option that would get them the least amount of pushback

Only if you consider victory to be no one complaining, in which case they wouldn’t even be able to win with a perfect quest because people would complain that nothing else in the game measures up to it.

A better standard for victory should be a tight, sensical and compelling narrative. Of which the quest we got was only tight, and only in regards to its brevity. It wasn’t sensical because the Forsaken did nothing special that merited their presence, and it wasn’t compelling because Gilneas wasn’t plague-bombed and occupied for years by the Scarlet Crusade. It just sucked.

3 Likes

It was 10/11 quests that take significantly less than an hour. Maybe 40 enemies to kill and at most 17 click/collects for fewer cosmetics than might elves got this patch, a mount that’s only tangentially related to it and is a recolored variant of one already available, and a toy that the target characters need to do a bonus quest and manually collect that’s just outright given to other characters on relog.

All of which was touted as a major patch feature. Oh, and the cosmetics are a better version of our heritage set, only not race locked.

And you can’t see why it might be disappointing for worgen fans?

There’s a time and place and that wasn’t the time nor the place.

You call me the troll yet you made the comment that you did. I made a thread about how the storyline was great and you and them both made comments like you did.

(post deleted by author)

Why even make the comment?

Like, it’s a deleted comment I asked you not to res it and you go back and comment on it and repeat what he said.

And why be sarcastic in this case? Your comment came off as just downright weird.

And you call me the troll. There’s no need for that. If you’re trying to get a rise out of me it ain’t gonna work.

Uh, oh. Is this thread in need of Mad Max memes?

Hnnnnnggggg

1 Like

It’s deleted now and when I read your first comment it was deleted.

And you can make fun of them without looking like you did.

It’s my thread every time you comment regardless I get a dingy that “hey someone commented” even if I stick you on ignore.

But I digress. You do you I guess and I’ll handle things on my side accordingly.

Omg yes! Thank you.

1 Like

liked the ending, felt a bit short, sad we didn’t get a goldrinn blessing and a set of optional tails during it tho

1 Like

That would have been a great opportunity for the tails! Omg

At least a few people enjoyed it… I was hoping for more.

1 Like

I feel like Alliance players got a lot more out of the Gilneas stuff, from what I’ve heard. I haven’t done it yet, but I’ve heard the ending for Horde characters is incredibly lack luster.

But, that’s most of DF if you’re Horde, kind of lack luster.

Wooow that’s just… wow.

Great talk 10/10

I would ignore them. They clearly aren’t worth it.

2 Likes